What do you want from Sacred 3 ?

cider_steve

Personally I'd like there to be more characters - I really liked the fact there was 8 in Sacred UW. I'd love to see 10

I think having NIOB level only content would be good. A NIOB or Platinum level island?, NIOB level uniques an dbosses, quests only available to a certain % SB ( 90 % and over?).

better bonuses from set items - eg like the original sacred with secret damage.

Also in the pC Game LOKI you could give use items you didn't want or were for different characters by giving them to your diety( and gaining powers, so you didn't lug around alot of junk)- maybe Sacred 3 could have some sort of bonus from selling unique items. An inbuilt bargaining boost? or, gain a unique merchant?

And like always more items, spells, weapons, etc...

more varied potions too.

maybe a "lure" potion that attracts mobs?

Also a color mod for items would be nice too.

I am writing this to show that I make it no secret that im a huge battle mage fan from the original game, the dragon mage was cool, but not nearly as, id love to see the battle mage again in his original form, but with better graphics improved spells and the same misterious hood hideing his face :P.

Other then that keep it as true to the first games.

Ladies and gentlemen of Deep Silver , Dark Matters and other fans of sacred, as a long time fan of the Sacred games, and rpg games in general, ive dreamed of being able to my own ideas make it into a game that I love. I write these words now in this hope, that you will read them, like my ideas so enjoy and please make up your minds if these ideas are worth considering.

First of id like to start with the story, in sacred 1 the story was very good, with trailers, cutsedness and quest chains the player saw the story, saw how he influenced the world around him and saw the power struggle and what the world of ancaria was about.

But the story of sacred 2 was somewhat lacking, it didn't have that feel or urgency and suspense and intrigue.

For Sacred 3 I have though of a interesting story with good, evil and a neutral party as well, so there can be a lot of variation in how you play the game.

First the factions there are 3 high factions, and several lower ones. The game should take place 50 years or so after the events of the first game, the Seraphim have lost most of there power but a few still remain and watch over the mortal races while at the same time searching for ways to regain there lost power. A small group of them and there human and elven allies comprise the order known as the White Dragons. A order of law enforcers and protectors, they are comprised of mage knights, rangers and honorable thieves, the orders mission is to keep the peace in Ancaria, search for old relics of power, and research new technologies for the good of the world.

It is this very order that several years after the death of Prince Valor united the kingdom under a new monarch and aided him in governing the new kingdom. The initial order was led by the few remaining seraphim and heroes who fought for ancaria in Sacred 1, many of the loyal houses of valoran followed there leadership, and soon the elves signed a agreement to join the coalition, seeing in the order a stern but fair enforcer of moral values and catalyst for the changes needed to bring stability and security to a world fractured by so many upheavals.

Opposing them are the red gargoyles they are masters of manipulation, corruption and murder. True anti heroes thru and thru they have been pulling every string they can to thwart the White Dragons plans for peace, they are composed of former sakara priests, demordrey loyalists and corrupt mercenaries, it is even said a fallen Seraphim leads them but this is generally disproved as myth. Many still disprove the very existence of the red gargoyles since until now they have been acting behind the scenes, but now they become bolder for reasons unknown. But what ever they want, it is obvious there motives as well as there means are not good.

In ancaria are several small factions operating for there own goals, the largest of these neutral factions is the 7 rivers guild. They welcome members from all walks of life as long as they meet the guild's requirements, the guild for some reason fights the white dragons and red gargoyles some see this as suicidal but the members of the 7 rivers guild seam to have a very well formulated plan. That plan is to take over Ancaria by any means necessary, they are true neutral because they can be bought cruel and kind at the same time, in the pursuit of there ambitions.

Those are the factions and by your actions, you the player change the story with the choices of how to help or hinder each of these factions. Or you can be a true mercenary showing loyally all or none of the factions.

Edited by Lord Marius

Interesting idea's marius, but I think only time will tell what the storyline of the game will be like.

thank you Dragon brother but id so hope the deep silver team may concider my idea in the slightest. If they do il be so happy :)

• 5 months later...

I hope Sacred 3 will have a better DRM tool as opposed to Sacred 2.

I've encountered some really frustrating issues with Securom and it is not cheap to call them from where I'm located.

I also wish for Sacred 3 to be more friendly to laptops.

Playing it from my laptop is very difficult in the eyes.

A more memorable and engaging story is desirable.

More in-game cutscenes to highlight important developments in plot.

Maybe a spell like Mark and Recall (Morrowind) would be really useful.

More unique monsters, less wildlife.

I'm giving Sacred 2 another whirl, with a different character class.

Thanks Thorium.

Sorry about my last post. My fault. I currently own two copies of Sacred 2 because I was unable to activate my first purchase. I'm not sure if it was the fact that I was initially installing in Vista.

Things I like in Sacred/Sacred 2 and wish they would remain:

- The Seraphim.

- The massive and varied world filled with tons of quests.

- Useful items given by Quest Givers.

- The level up system.

- The skill system.

- The awesome mounts.

Things I wish to be in Sacred:

- Can we have Sacred 3 font readable when installed in a laptop with 1366x768 resolution? I tried installing Sacred 2 on my laptop before, and I was not able to read the fonts :(.

- I hope the backtracking gets reduced. When solving quests, you get to be pulled away from exploring or the action because of the need to get to town for the reward, then run again to the same area to continue exploring. Some ideas I've seen in other games include:

a. Having some power to open a portal to the nearest explored town and having a portal to return to it after.

b. Having multiple accessible waypoints.

In Sacred 2, the resurrection shrines need to be activated first to be able to return to it. Portals are also available but they are quite few.

- It would also be great to provide other means to spend money. At high levels, the only useful merchants in my opinion are the blacksmith and the one where you can convert other skills to your class. A gambling merchant which sells non-identified (possibly unique or set) items which gets identified after purchase might be nice.

I was thinking it might also be good to improve the existing blacksmith merchant, by being able to extract materials from loot to enhance existing items. Just to add an additional purpose to collecting loot instead of just selling them to the nearest merchant.