Hellgate Open Beta 30/06

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://hellgate.t3fun.com/News/Notice_View.aspx?post_key=15

Which is cool, 'cause that's in ~5 days...

Woooo, ~5 days. Did you manage to work that out by yourself ? Next thing you'll be telling us that you're an accountant ! :whistle:

Strange vid'. Half dressed chick on a bed and some swords..............and that's pretty much it..........or did I blink ?

Wasn't there a previous Hellgate that was a disaster, and I thought the company went bust ?

Steve.

This really catches my eye, despite the lacklucter trailer. I used to play the original Hellgate: London, and yes Steve Flagship went bust. A shame because the game actually had potienal. But far to many bugs on release. As long as this is free to play I might take the time to download it and try it out. That is if I can step away from my Wood Elf and my Seraphim for awhile.

Woooo, ~5 days. Did you manage to work that out by yourself ? Next thing you'll be telling us that you're an accountant ! :whistle:

:P

Strange vid'. Half dressed chick on a bed and some swords..............and that's pretty much it..........or did I blink ?

No, you didn't miss anything, the "trailer" had nothing to do with Hellgate itself.

Wasn't there a previous Hellgate that was a disaster, and I thought the company went bust ?

I quite liked Hellgate though none of my friends played it. :(

Nice news! Robust MP, lots of item modifiers... whats not to like!

I remember when the original incarnation came out, I think were running another game, didn't really get a chance to dabble, though BHJ was fanatical about this ^^

:)

gogo

Nice news! Robust MP, lots of item modifiers... whats not to like!

I remember when the original incarnation came out, I think were running another game, didn't really get a chance to dabble, though BHJ was fanatical about this ^^

:)

gogo

And I believe soldats was really into this too. I remember him having quite a few Hellgate:London videos on his youtube channel. Game looks very interesting, might be worth a shot, especially if it's free to play :D

You know how Hellgate was going to be free to play with a cash shop?

Not so much!

It's now pay to play past act 2 (ie, level ~18 or so) with a cash shop & due to the bad wording on the announcement it could even possibly be a subscription for everything after act 2. Yes, everyone who bought HGL will be paying again for the second half of the game they originally bought.

It's almost like this game is cursed...

I may still try the demo, if that is even free by the time it gets here. I havee to admit that I actually subscribed to the original Hellgate for awhile, but unless this new version blows me out of the water I doubt that I will pay to play anything past the demo.

Edited by Zodiac-Mindwarp

From Facebook posts, you pay for one ticket & get access to all of the other content (Act 3-> Abyss) & then Tokyo will require a second ticket, etc. Still no idea how much the tickets cost though.

Thanks for the update Llama.

I'd still want to learn more about the game though.

Then download the demo (sorry, I mean client) & you can play the first 2 acts for free, that should get you to level ~15 or so.

Edit: Oh & the servers open at 17:30 EST = 00:30 tomorrow morning Steve.

Why don't they just call it a DLC and be done with it?

Llama8 - I agree with you about the 'curse'. First Flagship Studio thinks the bank(s) won't want their loans back and now whatever mess this will turn into.

If I'm understanding this new version correctly then there is no Single Player. . .OUCH!

yeeks... I was so exhausted last night I just turned off my comp and the download (almost done!) went with it...I'll see if the manager kept the data brought down anyway.

We're able to play today first two scenes?

:unsure:

gogo

I'm totally hooked again :Just_Cuz_21:

The loot is awesome with sooo many mods, you would love this gogo.

Did I mention the spell/damage effects? :evil:

How many more levels are there, and there is mp going on right now?

Acts 3-5 (I think, possibly 6)

Stonehenge

Abyss

2nd Attack

Dobs & I are playing MP, when the servers let us. They don't appear to have enough hardware/bandwidth since the MP servers are spazzing out a bit at the moment (massive lag, disconnects, long load times, etc)...

That said, when you can get on, it's fun...