Ice and Blood compatible with US version?

Hello!

I am new to Sacred 2 and the community patch.

I have Sacred 2 Bought on steam and I have bought Ice and Blood trought an online portal.

I did a trick to make Ice and Blood Compatible with my US version.

This is the trick : http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=67312

After that , I patched my game to 2.65.1.0

And now here is the problem :

When I want to install the Community patch , it says that my game has a language not supported by the community patch.

How can I fix this? As far as I know UK version and US Version was accepted , as my game is set to English language...

Please, help me.

Thank you!

You can try adding this bit to the optionsCustom.txt file

locale = {
language = "en_UK",
speech = "en_UK",
}

Also may have to do a temp rename of the en_US folder to en_UK.

No clue if this will work or not, but is worth a try.

Good Luck

p.s. - IIRC, you do have to fire up the game once to make the custom options active.

Edited by DMCain

I did launched the game once , then installed the Community Patch saying "Install Anyways".

I think it worked... Not sure , but I think it did.

The menu shows correctly. I see the Easter Symbol instead of the regular Sacred 2 Symbol , saying "COMMUNITY PATCH".

The first loading is now having red colored writing.

In game , I have found and use correctly the Throwing Potions and the Knuckles.

Beside that , I dont know what is added with the Community Patch.

Do you think it worked or should I disable it and do your trick then re enable it?

There is only one trouble you can get when you say 'Install anyway' while having the 'Language is not supported' message. This problem is that the language files may be skipped during the installation and therefore all new dialogs and questlogs would be missing and new set and unique items would have random names. Please check the patchlog (Sacred 2 Fallen Angel 2.65.x Patch Log.txt), which can be found in the game's main folder, for the 'global.res' file. If you have a line saying something like:

[05/01/2011 23:25:49] Success	Patch file: E:\Games\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\\locale\en_UK\global.res

than everything is OK. But if all the versions of global.res were skipped, you'd have a problems with the missing texts in game. By the way, CM installer takes the language data from the registry, so the tricks with optionsCustom.txt won't work for it. Try the same thing you did for the Ice and Blood installation to install CM correctly.

There is only one trouble you can get when you say 'Install anyway' while having the 'Language is not supported' message. This problem is that the language files may be skipped during the installation and therefore all new dialogs and questlogs would be missing and new set and unique items would have random names. Please check the patchlog (Sacred 2 Fallen Angel 2.65.x Patch Log.txt), which can be found in the game's main folder, for the 'global.res' file. If you have a line saying something like:

[05/01/2011 23:25:49] Success	Patch file: E:\Games\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\\locale\en_UK\global.res

than everything is OK. But if all the versions of global.res were skipped, you'd have a problems with the missing texts in game. By the way, CM installer takes the language data from the registry, so the tricks with optionsCustom.txt won't work for it. Try the same thing you did for the Ice and Blood installation to install CM correctly.

Yes for the CM Patch to work with this case, you need to change the Scared 2 language key in your Registry to "en_UK" and the rename the folder in your Sacred 2/locale/ folder from "en_US" to "en_UK".

The mentioned entry in the optionscustom.txt might be necessary to tell the game where to look for the files, if you get no text at all ingame afterwards.

Okay , I didnt found the line you said. It was marked "Skipped" , so It was indeed wrong.

What I did is I launched the disable of the CM patch , while still having my Locale folder set to en_US.

It seems to have uninstalled files. To be sure , I re did it with en_Uk as the locale folder.

After that , I opened regedit and went to modify sacred 2 . For some obscure reasons , the pc itself resetted Sacred 2 Back to the EN_US entries in the reg , while I did had changed them to EN_Uk back a few days. Strange. I setted them back to EN_UK.

Then I installed the community patch. To be sure nothing was left behind from the previous uninstallations , I ran disable agains after the first install. At the end , it said "Specified Path Not Found" twice. I think it was looking for the Global.res file , and that since it was skipped the installer didnt find it. So thats the why of the error message , I suppose.

I ran enable of the CM Patch again (yes its a bit confusing im sorry...). It all installed successfully.

Switched the Locale back to EN_US , but not the registry.

I am not sure if everything is okay right now , I will play and tell you if I find any bug or errors.

Lets see if it works. Thank you very much for the help , I would have done a BIG mistake.