Dyson Bladeless Fan - Put your hands right through it

Holee molee, did you guys see this?

I was actually on youtube looking at videos and whilst moving towards another, I saw a few milliseconds of these pix and actually went back on the page to check it out.

Wow!

lol I hope it's technology don't suck in and spit out my lunch though

:oooo:

gogo

dyson.jpg

I saw one a few weeks ago in one of the electrical superstores gogo. It was on a demo at the entrance of the store and it's very odd indeed :Just_Cuz_21:

Walking near it I could feel and hear the noise of air rushing by but couldn't see any movement. It makes the same noise, if not even louder than a normal blade fan but has no visible rotating parts. I put my hand through the middle of it just to try and figure out how it works :D

First impressions were that it's a nice looking design but a bit noisy for the amount of air flow it had. I came away wondering if a standard blade fan could cool just the same but quieter on a lower speed. It was very expensive and I'd like to compare it next to a conventional fan first.

Thanks for posting Dob, and you're so lucky! lol, I been looking around Montreal actually just to see/hear/feel one in action, and no luck.

Yeah, it must be odd seeing something like this happening... air blowing out from...nothing

Black hole's here we come!

:)

gogo

• 4 weeks later...