How do I use my Level 2 shopper?

First off, I'm on a PC.

Ok, so I've got my level 2 shopper, an inquisitor and he's getting good gear.

But many guides list using him to equip starting characters. How? All I seem to be able to do is login over and over again hoping I'll get armor pieces I can use for the new character I'm starting up. (for example, currently I've logged in 5 times and found 0 items for my temple guardian).

What am I missing?

I did try using a LAN server, and I logged into it with two running instances of sacred 2, started with 1 character, then connected with shopper, it didn't work, and I somehow managed to overwrite my shopper.

Thanks ahead of time, if the only thing it can actually do is buy rings, amulets and weapons (and the occasional other class specific gear pieces), then that's ok, just let me know that I'm wasting my time trying to figure it out. Then a low level shopper (level 2 or level 6) for each class I want to start up. That will take more time, but it's probably worth it.

Ok, mostly, yes shoppers are really only useful for weapons/shield (although things like blowpipes are difficult to buy with a non-dryad), rings/amulets and relics and also armor for their class. However, there is an easier way to reset the contents of the trader. The easiest way to do it is to have only the one instance of sacred running, create a lan game with your shopper and use only the start island merchants. To refresh the merchants offers what you want to do after looking through what they have, go to the portal nearby and teleport to another location (for Ice and Blood users you can simply open the map from anywhere and do this, no need to use a portal). Then, as the map disappears from your screen, but before you actually teleport you want to press the "return to start isle" button which I think is f8. If you timed it correctly you will teleport away from and back to the start island without having to wait to appear in your intermediate destination and the game will refesh what the shops sell.

Ok, mostly, yes shoppers are really only useful for weapons/shield (although things like blowpipes are difficult to buy with a non-dryad), rings/amulets and relics and also armor for their class. However, there is an easier way to reset the contents of the trader. The easiest way to do it is to have only the one instance of sacred running, create a lan game with your shopper and use only the start island merchants. To refresh the merchants offers what you want to do after looking through what they have, go to the portal nearby and teleport to another location (for Ice and Blood users you can simply open the map from anywhere and do this, no need to use a portal). Then, as the map disappears from your screen, but before you actually teleport you want to press the "return to start isle" button which I think is f8. If you timed it correctly you will teleport away from and back to the start island without having to wait to appear in your intermediate destination and the game will refesh what the shops sell.

ok, thanks, that sounds doable and quicker. I've continued to reload while I was waiting for response to my question, and in the mean time I've got 3 seraphim pieces, a couple of dryad and high elf pieces, and a full shadow warrior set, but nothing for the damn temple guardian.

I'm trying to make him into my level 35 shopper, as suggested in a guide.

I think that without ice and blood there is a bug where temple guardian suits are only for sale if you are a temple guardian. Or maybe it was just drops, I forget.