XBOX 360 co-op help!

Howdy all!

I have a question about the XBOX 360 co-op.

My son wants to play co-op with me on the Sacred 2. But I'm having a problem. Not sure if this can be done but:

Can he log in as a guest under my account and use one of my characters on the same team?

So far I'm not having any luck with this. He can log in under my wife's account but she doesn't have LIVE and we can only play offline and we aren't on the same team, even with both characters playing the same mode [light or dark].

Thanks for any help!

Zconnor

Someone with the 360 version may need to correct me if there are major differences, but from my experience with the PS3 version:

Can he log in as a guest under my account and use one of my characters on the same team?

The guest account only allows the creation of a new character. The new character also can't be saved.

In essence: Nope, have to use a different account and he can't use any of your characters.

...we can only play offline and we aren't on the same team...

I think this is because you are on Free World. If you played Campaign, you'll be on the same team.

It's an issue in the PS3 version (and I assume the same applies to the 360 version) because Free World starts off each person in a different party, but online the party can be changed by the host. In Campaign, by default, everyone ends up in the same party.

However, offline doesn't have the change party option, so whichever party you start off in, you're stuck in. I'm not sure if anyone's found a way around this.

As for only being able to play offline, I know the PS3 version doesn't allow 2 people from the same console to go online.

I don't know if this was ever implemented on the 360 version. Assuming that it's an option on the 360 version, I'd assume that both people need a Live account to use it.

Hope that helps some, and if anyone has 360 specific information that can be added, that would probably help more.

I think this is because you are on Free World. If you played Campaign, you'll be on the same team.

It's an issue in the PS3 version (and I assume the same applies to the 360 version) because Free World starts off each person in a different party, but online the party can be changed by the host. In Campaign, by default, everyone ends up in the same party.

However, offline doesn't have the change party option, so whichever party you start off in, you're stuck in. I'm not sure if anyone's found a way around this.

As for only being able to play offline, I know the PS3 version doesn't allow 2 people from the same console to go online.

I don't know if this was ever implemented on the 360 version. Assuming that it's an option on the 360 version, I'd assume that both people need a Live account to use it.

Hope that helps some, and if anyone has 360 specific information that can be added, that would probably help more.

Ah thank you so much for the bolded part Mystix! Me and my dad sometimes play local coop, and can never figure out why experience isn't shared between us. Problem identified :thumbsup: In answer to your second question, on Xbox there is an implemented feature where both users can play in an online game. Only thing is that both players must have Xbox Live Gold access. But yes, it is achievable that way :)

Ah thank you so much for the bolded part Mystix! Me and my dad sometimes play local coop, and can never figure out why experience isn't shared between us. Problem identified :thumbsup:

No problem. I was confused by that the first time I did Free World co-op (especially since we had just finished running the Bronze and Silver campaigns without going to Free World, it was my friend's first time through the game) and it randomly dawned on me to check the Party issue (since I tend to avoid Free World games with random people because of it).

I was always hoping that someone had discovered a solution to it which I've overlooked, but no such luck thus far.

In answer to your second question, on Xbox there is an implemented feature where both users can play in an online game. Only thing is that both players must have Xbox Live Gold access. But yes, it is achievable that way :)

Thank-you for the information good sir.

I had only heard rumours about that being implemented into the 360 version, but I wasn't sure. Good to know for the future, in the case that someone asks.

Perhaps either of you could confirm something for me. Another small function which seems to be overlooked on the console: Faster scrolling through long lists (such as in the Hero Chest).

On the PS3, if you hold down on the D-Pad, then hold down on the Left Stick (while still holding down on the D-Pad), it speeds up the scrolling. I'd like to say that the scrolling speed is more than double the normal speed (I take double as a standard because 2 different "Down" inputs are being held at the same time), but I don't have objective evidence for this yet. In either case, it's much faster scrolling, which comes in handy to find items in the Hero Chest when they're near the bottom of the list (such as Amulets).

Does this trick work on the 360 version also?

Edit: /facepalm. I used the phrase "the effect is overadditive". I need sleep...but I changed the phrasing first.

Edited by Mystix123

Perhaps either of you could confirm something for me. Another small function which seems to be overlooked on the console: Faster scrolling through long lists (such as in the Hero Chest).

On the PS3, if you hold down on the D-Pad, then hold down on the Left Stick (while still holding down on the D-Pad), it speeds up the scrolling. I'd like to say that the scrolling speed is more than double the normal speed (I take double as a standard because 2 different "Down" inputs are being held at the same time), but I don't have objective evidence for this yet. In either case, it's much faster scrolling, which comes in handy to find items in the Hero Chest when they're near the bottom of the list (such as Amulets).

Does this trick work on the 360 version also?

Will test today for this feature. Very curious, as I have always wanted to scroll through those long stupid hero chest lists alot faster. :Just_Cuz_21:

Edit: /facepalm. I used the phrase "the effect is overadditive". I need sleep...but I changed the phrasing first.

Did it look kinda like this? :4rofl:

facepalm.jpg

Ahhh, the old Picard Double-Facepalm. Been there, done that :sweating:

Only with more hair :4rofl:

I played co-op Freeworld once, for about 10 mins on XBOX (never played couch freeworld on PS3) and noticed the non-shared experience, and never went back.

Faster scrolling would be nice (anyone else have >1500 runes stashed before?) but I never found anything.

Ahhh, the old Picard Double-Facepalm. Been there, done that :sweating:

Only with more hair :4rofl:

Laughed so hard when I read that :4rofl:

Faster scrolling would be nice (anyone else have >1500 runes stashed before?) but I never found anything.

Had an entire chest full of them. Now down to 300 or so :woot: Just tested on Xbox, and the fastest scrolling does work! Thanks for the tip Mystix, now I can wizz through the chest with ease! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee :bow:

Thanks for all the replies!

With everyone's help I figured it out. To play co-op and on the same team, I need my son to log in under his mother's account and create a character [a SW]. He then accesses this character after I've started the game with an offline character only on campaign mode. This way we share the experience but no the items. I'm the host but he seems to get most of the drops. Even if I open a chest, he seems to get the drops! I can't collect them unless the time limit ends.

Weird, but then again he's my kid so I don't mind him getting the drops.

The no-trading bit really stinks though. Both of our players are offline! Please fix this with Sacred 3!

Zconnor

The no-trading bit really stinks though. Both of our players are offline! Please fix this with Sacred 3!

The offline trading was patched in with the only consoles patch that was released before Ascaron went to pieces. As long as you can connect to the Xbox Live, it should patch the game for you. Then you and your son can trade away! :D