#21 Ryanrocker

Ryanrocker

Cobalt Warrior

• Fellowship
  • 2,038 posts
  • Platform:PC
  • Steam Name:Glacierbolt

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:09 PM

Well dang-I already have Concentration on this one. I really don't want to scrap her. What's a good secondary buff to run with her?

Well as you only have one aspect, I'd say nothing. If you don't want to scrap her, just keep Concentration in the build. It's not going to be game breaking or anything drastic, you might have just missed out on some extra protection or attack power. To be honest, it's all gonna be fine :) Taking Concentration is not completely useless, and in fact there are quite a few builds that use it just for the regeneration bonus. Just stick with one buff and take the extra regen as a bonus. Just don't invest points in the skill! :D

Check out my Unbended Content!       Or the Unbended Subreddit!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/Glacierbolt                    http://www.reddit.com/r/unbended 

#22 lujate

lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,006 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

Starting over might be a good idea if you are not too far along. I know from personal experience that you can muscle thru a less than ideal build, but I would not recommend it.

As for another buff, I would not take one. Warding Energy just gets in the way of Divine Protection. BFG is a build untu itself. I guess you could take Cleansing Brilliance, but it would be unmodded. Even modded, I think it is waste, although others would disagree. Unmodded though, most would agree, why bother?
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." -Gandhi

#23 Ryanrocker

Ryanrocker

Cobalt Warrior

• Fellowship
  • 2,038 posts
  • Steam Name:Glacierbolt

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:11 PM

I guess you could take Cleansing Brilliance, but it would be unmodded. Even modded, I think it is waste, although others would disagree. Unmodded though, most would agree, why bother?

You are most correct about it not being of any help if you were not going to mod it, but modded this buff can be a real powerhouse, both offensively and defensively. Let's examine the mods

* Distract - Reduces opponents' attack speed within the area of effect. (20% + 0.2% per CA level decrease)
* Blind - Reduces opponents' defense values within the area of effect. (65 + 1 per CA level decrease)

Distract is clearly the better mod, and acts as a defensive skills by slowing down the incoming damage. Blind seems very helpful in the early levels, but it does not scale well with CA level very well at all.

* Purify - Increases damage against undead creatures. (66.7% increase)
* Cleanse - Increases fire damage against T-mutations. (66.7% increase)

These two are pretty self explanatory, adding damage against respective enemies. There are far more Undead enemies throughout the game than T-Mutants, so Purify is the better choice. With this mod, you can drop champs in the swamps with one pulse. Very impressive :D

* Eagerness - Increase damage per second. (50% increase in hits per second => 50% increased damage per second)
* Illuminate - Increase the area of effect. (26.7% increase)

Tough decision here. Eagerness really pumps up the damage, and will really knock out those undead even faster, which is very awesome to see them go flying all over the place as you simply walk by. Illuminate increases the area of effect, which is also very important due to the limited range on the buff. I tend to pick Eagerness to add so extra damage when I go Xping in the swamps, and hope that the skellies are aggravated enough to come to me :D

Check out my Unbended Content!       Or the Unbended Subreddit!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/Glacierbolt                    http://www.reddit.com/r/unbended 

#24 slyborg

slyborg

Master of Antimony

• Supporting Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

All right-I had planned to delete this one and start again. But...I stumbled into this huge group of Skellie Legionaires while heading to the elf capital city.And when the dust settled,I had me a Officer's Saber,with 4 slots. :xmastree: If that isn't a sign from the gaming gods,what is?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users