Fastest Boss Killer

Given that I'm so very sad to find that life leech% doesn't work properly on consoles rendering it next to useless for dealing damage -- I'm wondering what the fastest character is for kill bosses in niob without the use of life leech?

I've always used Fire HE or Dryad that do ok but wonder if there are builds out there that can get the job done faster -- if you can't tell I'm after a char that can farm the bosses in the hopes of finding that elusive legendary.

Given that I'm so very sad to find that life leech% doesn't work properly on consoles rendering it next to useless for dealing damage -- I'm wondering what the fastest character is for kill bosses in niob without the use of life leech?

I've always used Fire HE or Dryad that do ok but wonder if there are builds out there that can get the job done faster -- if you can't tell I'm after a char that can farm the bosses in the hopes of finding that elusive legendary.

A duel wield SW or seraphim with sword weapon mastery can destroy niob bosses.You use 2 swords that have serious open wounds as a modifier,kill a boss and then look at what you did to its stats.Its pretty funny.A BFG seraphim using damage convert. gloves and made for ultra high damage can rip through bosses in seconds.

This could be a good debate! IMO, each class can be made to drop the NG's very, very fast. The way to do it, is always the trick ;)

Dryad - Ephadic Lances boosted by Acute Mind I think was the fastest bosskiller I made. Of course, on consoles Deathblow works on spells so :D was the look on my face as they dropped to one casting of EL.

Melee-wise, a veiled SW that I tweaked for "pure offence" was the fastest (2H axe, using FR).

Although, I never got to trying a "deep wounds" focused melee toon. Since the deep wounds mod stacks on the consoles, it may be a trick to try.

Beat to the punch edit: Cap'n Smack suggested Serious Open wounds... essentially the same as deep wounds, only deep wound mod is easier to find than SOW.

BFG, can be the fastest... bar none. The trick there is getting the 25,000 runes to read into the BFG buff.

Is that all it takes eating shed loads of runes in BFG? I did like the sound of soldats technobabe or Scoobys riding builds so if all I have to do is munch runes it sounds like it could be an idea. I've got a seperate char that just keeps runes in it's chest from building up Grand Invigoration for the HE or SP/AB for the dryad.

Think I have around 700-800 of them -- would that be enough?

Gotta love being a rune addict :4rofl:

@ 1872 at a time, it takes a while :whistle:

im soon gnna start a ranged driad apprently those and bfg seraphins are the fastest... if you're on ps3 and have a mic add me godlike32195 wel start 1

I have a ranged dryad at around 150 and although she annihilates normals and champs against bosses she just chips away with damage against bosses and is quite a slow killer -- LL% would make a big difference but it's knackered on consoles.

Wish there was a way on console to test a level 200 char for viability before spending weeks & months levelling them up.

Edited by Bariel

Is that all it takes eating shed loads of runes in BFG? I did like the sound of soldats technobabe or Scoobys riding builds so if all I have to do is munch runes it sounds like it could be an idea. I've got a seperate char that just keeps runes in it's chest from building up Grand Invigoration for the HE or SP/AB for the dryad.

Think I have around 700-800 of them -- would that be enough?

More than enough! Just remember BFG is a buff, and loads of runes in it will render your other Combat Arts almost unusable (ie with very high regen times). Generally that's OK because your BFG can kill most everything with normal attacks anyway.

Ranged Dryad's pretty fast for Boss killing. Usually, in about seven or eight shots, she can drop a Guardian.

Ayup

:oooo:

gogo

Yeah, unfortunately Bariel plays on console so the %LL that makes your dryad so effective doesn't work for him.

I would think that casters would be the better boss killers potentially on console. If you've seen an ice HE in action (or pyro) then bosses melt against them in Ice and Blood which nerfed casters. Pre Ice and Blood deathblow, crit and stuff all work with spells making them much stronger.

Yep the lack of LL% on consoles means my poor dryad doesn't come close to my pyro elf for taking down bosses.

I've toyed with creating the ice elf you posted there the one thing that stopped me so far was that on consoles we have no way to concentrate the ice shards from glacial thorns together so I wasn't sure how well she'd do with the standard spread you get on consoles.

I think the real solution is I need to go and cry somewhere and figure out where I can setup a PC in the house to place this game properly, very much one for sitting in the front room by the tv which limits being able to use a keyboard and mouse :(

I've toyed with creating the ice elf you posted there the one thing that stopped me so far was that on consoles we have no way to concentrate the ice shards from glacial thorns together so I wasn't sure how well she'd do with the standard spread you get on consoles.

If you target the enemy when they're further away, it concentrates the shards together. I use it frequently against bosses, but to use it effectively, you need to have a high Run Speed and/or use Frost Flare to gain distance, then spam Glacial Thorns (when they're concentrated at the maximum range), kite more until there's sufficient distance, repeat.

It's definitely not the quickest method of boss killing (compared to staying in one place and spamming spells).

Though, if you're tanking and casting (at point blank range), all/most of the shards should hit most of the bosses.

Thanks I'll give it a try, started my own secret agent and so far so good enjoying the build right now so thanks to gogo for posting it -- a while to go yet before I get to test it against the guardians though

My SW is a boss pwner: cast combo--> Rousing command+augmenting guidon+killing spree then frenzied rampage until dead. Normally he kills bosses under 20 secs without taking a scratch. The FR reboots itself every time so I just keep re-casting it.

Funny thing, the only mini-boss I ever had trouble with was the Flame Lord. The other night I couldn't get any damage on him. So I ran away...

• 4 weeks later...

BFG, can be the fastest... bar none. The trick there is getting the 25,000 runes to read into the BFG buff.

BFG is easily dwarfed by the Dryad's Ravaged Impact...on the consoles :).

On the consoles it is possible to use two exploits to make the Dryad do obscene damage. Currently my level 160 Dryad can do upwards of 7,000,000 damage per Ravaged Impact shot, and there isn't even a need to eat so many runes! This number could easily be pushed up higher with more runes, but the damage is already overkill when the strongest boss (the final Nameless Guardian) at level 190 has 1.2 million health.

Oh and yes, you read that correctly - 7 million damage! Every single boss dies in one hit except for any Nameless Guardians that shield up first. I'm planning on posting a guide on how to achieve obscene damage with the Dryad using in-game mechanics for those interested in damage maximization.

Consoles are really, really messed up in so many ways.

BFG is easily dwarfed by the Dryad's Ravaged Impact...on the consoles :).

On the consoles it is possible to use two exploits to make the Dryad do obscene damage. Currently my level 160 Dryad can do upwards of 7,000,000 damage per Ravaged Impact shot, and there isn't even a need to eat so many runes! This number could easily be pushed up higher with more runes, but the damage is already overkill when the strongest boss (the final Nameless Guardian) at level 190 has 1.2 million health.

Oh and yes, you read that correctly - 7 million damage! Every single boss dies in one hit except for any Nameless Guardians that shield up first. I'm planning on posting a guide on how to achieve obscene damage with the Dryad using in-game mechanics for those interested in damage maximization.

Consoles are really, really messed up in so many ways.

7 million seems a little high, my dryad doesn't get close to that even with the bug on xbox that low level items do more damage than high level ones.. How are you getting it that high?