Putrescine, I am truly sorry for the tragedy that's befallen your country. It chips away at your faith in fellow human beings to think they're capable of such brutality.

My prayers are with you and all the family members who lost a loved one.

Horrible.

The worst bit, imho, is that so many young died. It will affect the country for years.

Very rare for the person who did this to survive. A lot of them usualy kill themselves and the rest are killed by police/troops. It seems as though he planned this, as it looks as if he is going to have a big political rant in the courts. Which, in a way, just makes it worse.

Steve.

It is truly sad set of events and nothing can ever make up for that loss of life :(

For me it's made worse that the longest sentence he can be given is 21yrs so he'll be back on the streets at 53 -- more than young enough to plan another horrific massacre of innocent lives!

I'm catching news now, this is horrible, and I know we have a good number of Norwegians here on this board, I hope you're able to cope find some strength for coping with this. I remember when a shooter opened fire in a school just a walks way from where I was working, it was terrifying.

My thoughts to all the families

:(

gogo

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and family of those killed or wounded. I will never be able to comprehend how someone could do something so heinous.

Yeah. The guy's been real busy. 93 dead so far.

86 on the island, and 7 from the bomb in the city.

Death count is expected to rise even further, as not everyone have been accounted for.

He is the worst mass murder/spree killer in Norwegian, perhaps scandianvian modern history.

I've read alot about it on the internet.

The bomb was made out of at least 1000 pounds of fertilizer.

He is supposed to have planned this for 9 years.

Words cant express the horror I felt as the story broke last friday. I hope all our members here at FDM are safe and well. I am inspired by your countries response to this mad man's actions. *hugs*

• 4 weeks later...