New to Sacred 2 lots of questions!

Howdy, I played Sacred 1 (&underworld) a lot and got really into character building and whatnot. My highest I think was a 112. Basically I know how THAT game works very well and have questiosn about how this one differs.

Baragaining: I know it works like trade but if I have a level 2 trader he can only buy level 2 items. Won't this be un-useful for a say level 15-20 char? Also is it better to buy items in silver rather than bronze? I remember in sacred 1 you got higher level or quality items in silver (something like that don't remember exactly).

Difficulty: I only play closed hardcore. Right now have a level 10 shadow warrior. Decided to check out a silver server and it didn't seem any harder whatsoever. What's the benefits/downfalls? I did notice more gold dropped.....what about item quality?

Runes: Is it similar to sacred 1 in that the more runes I eat the less will drop? Similarly there is really only like 3 or 4 different CAs to focus on for each build right (generally speaking)? Basically for the Shadow Warrior I'm using the one that makes him invisible and also frenzied attack or whatever it's called (I apologize if this isn't proper name of it). What possible reason would I use anything else on him (purely wanted melee)? Also, can I just eat as many of those invisibility runes as I want? He has modified it so it's a permanent buff but the additional regen to his frenzied attack concerns me.

Static Items: In Sacred 1 there was Thain's Axe of Flames and those cool Enchanted Longswords....is there anything like that here? I remember making an entire build for my daemon that revolved around those swords and she totally rocked.

I have Ice & Blood so I can teleport from the map.... why do my teleport locations disappear whenever I log out and log back in? Do I have to reactivate them every time I start in a new server? That would suck, Sacred 1 you could use the portals to go anywhere as soon as you logged in, what am I missing?

Bugs: When I first got frenzied attack he would only do one hit. Period. Then I modified it twice, still only one hit. Then he hit level 10 and I made invisible permanent buff and figured out that it goes on the buff thingy at bottom right of screen (that took forever, had to read help menu lol). Tried to use frenzied attack again and viola! He does the full deal now with like 5 or 6 strikes, even hitting opponents that run away, it's totally awesome! This happen to anyone else or can you shed light on why it wouldn't do the full rotation for a while?

Area of Effect Damage: OK, my Shadow Warrior's CA that hits multiple enemies in front of him seems way underpowered now that frenzied attack works properly. Will this balance out later? Does each character have an equal ability for Area of Effect damage?

CA levels: I remember using gear slotted with runes to increase arts and then put it into a combo. Is that still valid for anything in Sacred 2? I notice the regen levels seem really high and all my CAs are only like level 1 and 2. Granted I'm only level 10 but I plan to do everything possible to keep regen times down so what level is reasonable to keep my CAs at relative to my char level?

Zones: In Sacred 1 there were very defined zones like the swamp and whatnot. Looking at the map here it seems very mixed, are there separate zones with distinct monster types and difficulties? Are there the 'hotspots' for levelling up to a certain point before hitting the next like in Sacred 1?

Biggest question of all.....WHERE'S MY VAMPIRE?!? The vampire was a ridiculous powerhouse. Immediately make a vamp transform combo to perma-vamp and eat one rune of multiple strikes(again I forget the name) nothing more. She totally killed everything without breaking a sweat. Granted it got boring after a while but it was still very satisfying. Is there any character in Sacred 2 capable of such destruction or of a similar build style?

Thank you all in advance for any help or answers....I read a lot of posts but sometimes it's easier to have some general questions answered to save me hours and hours of searching and reading a ton of posts. I love love love Sacred 1 and Sacred 2 seems to be an awesome follow-up so far. Bought it the other day from the link on this page and am definately not disappointed. Wish there were players online though.....never see anyone closed hardcore, not one person. Bummer. Game still rocks though.

A level 2 trader from niob will last quite some time. A silver level 2 trader is just to get starter gear or gear with sockets. If you have a niob character put something in the 'holes' then it doesn't matter what the rest of the item is the only important thing is there is lot of socket filled with niob smith. This will affect the gameplay to be a question of mowing down wheat rather than a contest between you and monsters, but if you are racing to niob then it makes sense and if you just like kicking monster booty it does too.

Difficulty: Silver is actually a little harder, but one thing a lot of people don't know is that bronze with gear dependent class is more difficult by the time you get to the desert. If you depend on gear for damage your killspeed slows to a crawl. Its not that you die its just that you give up. I experienced this with a fusion TG most others probably have not so much problem. Gold with niob smith arts is easier than bronze with bronze gear. Gold without twinked gear is a good challenge. Platinum gets easy once you hit 75 and pick up masteries. Niob is pretty hard!

Runes: Runes drop forever and it doesn't matter if you eat them. Check out some builds to see what people do with numbers of CAs

Static Items: I don't know unless you mean uniques?

Your activated portals are supposed to save. Certainly in single player and on closed net too? Dunno whats going on. Different difficulty?

"Bugs: When I first got frenzied attack he would only do one hit. Period. Then I modified it twice, still only one hit. Then he hit level 10 and I made invisible permanent buff and figured out that it goes on the buff thingy at bottom right of screen (that took forever, had to read help menu lol). Tried to use frenzied attack again and viola! He does the full deal now with like 5 or 6 strikes, even hitting opponents that run away, it's totally awesome! This happen to anyone else or can you shed light on why it wouldn't do the full rotation for a while?"

I can understand why hard to find buffslot. Did you put frenzy in the circles and activate it properly? It never failed to work for me:)

Area of Effect Damage: Well I think frenzy is stronger but you can chain 2-3 combat arts together in a combo which means less button clicking.

CA levels: Just use 1 or 2 runes maybe some socketed or more eaten if regens very low. By niob if you use regen/hit you can eat 200 runes the max. At least my build did:)

Zones: Yes there are regions and yes there are hotspots. For example the southeast part of the swamp has werewolves and some crazy weird being I forget that are worth a lot. The blood forest has quests that repeat that are worth a lot. Dryads has an island with turtles that is very risk free and decent killspeed with blue potion farming. Jungle is massive mobs. Thats all I remember. At the very beginning the copper peaks kobold is good. Then skeleton.

"Biggest question of all.....WHERE'S MY VAMPIRE?!?"

Yeah vampire was good. I didn't play much but yeah vampire was fun. Fire elf is a fast leveler. Check out some builds some of them have videos. There is definitely opportunity to kick booty in sacred 2.

"Thank you all in advance for any help or answers....I read a lot of posts but sometimes it's easier to have some general questions answered to save me hours and hours of searching and reading a ton of posts. I love love love Sacred 1 and Sacred 2 seems to be an awesome follow-up so far. Bought it the other day from the link on this page and am definately not disappointed. Wish there were players online though.....never see anyone closed hardcore, not one person. Bummer. Game still rocks though."

Enjoy and welcome to the forum.

Edited by claudius

I think I understand what you mean by "static items".

You mean those unique items that always drop from a specific quest/container/monster. As the Thain's Axe, Enlightened Iron and so forth.

All "static items" in Sacred 2 are quest related and many are only available in Single Player. The Undead Legion chain quest in Thylyssium leads to a boss with a fixed drop: A sword called "Boneslicer".

The blue class quest gives a fixed item dependent on your class (it's not all that good though).

The big Epic Office Quest gives you three fixed drops as well.

The Blind Guardian chain quest gives you their instruments (most of them are quite amusing, but only the shield is truly good).

If you are single player and playing with the Ice and Blood expansion theres some more "static item" granting quests such as the re-enabled Christmas Island quest, the Dark Summoning quest and a fourth item in the Epic Office Quest.

I haven't played much MP, but I think I've seen that if you change servers you can erase your campaign progress so far. Early on (and I'm talking back in 2008, in initial release), I had someone join me on a server and merrily rush through part of the Undead Legion quest. By changing server the next time I started MP, that was erased. I imagine that portals could be removed from availability in the same way. (I think your progress is saved to server, not to character, but I could be wrong).

Zones don't quite work the same way in Sacred 2. In S1, you could walk into an area that you weren't meant to be in at your level (take a long walk in the desert, you can find some creatures that are way out of your league, even in Bronze or Silver). In Sacred 2, this is harder to do as in most cases monsters are limited by your survival bonus. That said, at the start of platinum even with 0% survival bonus, enemies are ten levels higher than you.

Heh... the vampiress. You'll be asking for a dark elf next!

Enjoy the game, and keep your death blow high!

Edited by Steerpike1

Welcome to Darkmatters, Slick!

Was able to dig this up from the wiki, it's a list of what can be called recurring drops, all coming from completing Class quests:

Class Quest Rewards

I'm not happy with the way that's currently set up and was going over that with Schot, we'll see what we can do about organizing that age better so that info can be found quicker.

As well, Epic Office Quest will net you some recurring goodies, as well as The Undead Legion which will deliver Boneslicer

The quests are really really long. Don't forget to bring popcorn.

:)

gogo

Awesome thank you all for the great info! Little Faith, yes that's exactly what I meant, thank you! I checked out those links gogo, what is meant by modifiable bonuses on weapon? Can you alter the bonus the weapon gives you somehow? I remember in Sacred 1 my trader would buy armor with high +% of something on it and socket it with a ring or whatnot to increase the value of what the bonus % increased....is this what it means? Also lifeleech was best done by socketing vamp iirc. I notice some inquisitor runes have LL on them, are there items that add LL as well or should I just keep those runes handy to re-socket like we did in sacred 1? On that note what is a good value of LL to have?

Runes: awesome, I always hated that the more you ate the less they drop. good to know that I can eat as many as my regens will allow for, this way I can play with abilities to see which ones are more fun for me.

Item quality: I'm still confused on this. If it was answered I misunderstand so I apologize. In sacred 1 I farmed set items in the swamp on silver difficulty because the bonus values on them were higher than on the same level item found in bronze difficulty. Is this still true for sacred 2? Should my level 2 trader only spend time buying in silver and should my shadow warrior only spend time levelling in silver rather than bronze (just for better drops, plus the xp of course) due to the fact that it certainly doesn't seem to hard for me.

Bargaining: So if I understand properly my level 2 char can even buy in niobium difficulty if I unlock it with a high enough character? Basically I want the forging from a niob level smith yes? Basically I'm trying to determine if I should spend a lot of time building a trade suit for my level 2 trader so he can outfit my level 10 shadow warrior and at what point will the level 2 trader be useless to my shadow warrior down the road? Obviously I'll start new characters which he will defeinately help but for now I'm just trying to get the feel of how long level 2 bargaining has usefulness. As a sidenote the shadow warrior seems tough enough that I don't mind using a skill slot for bargaining on him eventually.

Sorry if these questions sound dumb, I'm used to how Sacred 1 worked and it's been a while since I played it so some of the mechanics are fuzzy in my head. I remember Thain's Axe of Flames was great for a good while, my level 2 dwarf trader totally supplied my characters for a long time, LL is from vamp runes, my vamp easily farmed set items of whatever quality I needed, I spent hours and hours reading builds and had badass characters but could never seem to have as high level CAs with such low regens as everyone else for some reason. I find myself trying to apply these principles to this game and just wanna make sure I fully understand the little tips and tricks of this one.

Builds: There seems to be a ton, for any one that says take "x" skill there's one that says "no don't take that skill!". Can you direct me to a general build for melee Shadow Warrior? Gladiator was my bread and butter, I love melee, so I'm focusing on shadow warrior here. Basically I have a general idea but my main concerns are CA regen times and where to put attribute points to not waste them.

Armor: So armor in this one seems to add regen time rather than make you walk slow is this correct? Is the skill 'speed' worth having?

Mounts: Where do I get that super cool looking hellhound mount!?

Again thank you all so much for your replies and all the help. I remember the Sacred 1 community being very helpful and Sacred 2 seems to be much of the same :) and I see some familiar names here so that's always cool. I feel kinda dumb that I loved Sacred 1 so much and am only now getting Sacred 2 but my comp wouldn't handle it and I just recently got a new one.

*EDIT* OK so I did a bit further research and found some great consistant info in guides, I feel foolish for even asking to be pointed to them. It seems that regen times aren't much issue once you get items with "reduce regen time per hit" or whatever it was. so regen times don't freak me out anymore lol

Edited by Slick88gt