In-game cursor floats all over the place, difficult to control

Bondbug

I finally got Sacred2 working. But in-game the cursor floats all over the place and is very difficult to control. Impossible to deal with any situation in a hurry. It only happens with this game, and I can find no option to control cursor movement.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Dragon Brother. I will need to reinstall and give it a try. I thought I had looked fairly thoroughly in Options, but it helps to know where to look!

Thanks Dragon Brother. I will need to reinstall and give it a try. I thought I had looked fairly thoroughly in Options, but it helps to know where to look!

I believe it was under the graphics setting somewhere. You shouldn't need to reinstall though unless you had uninstalled it.

Came along to say I couldn't find anything - but I will go look again under graphics.

While I am here, my version is 2.0.2.0, as installed from disk. Does that by any chance mean I have dozens of patches/updates to find - that might solve my problem?

Later:

Options

- Graphics: general quality; texture quality; Shadow/render/ground/effect/grass details; video resolution; anti-aliasing; v-sync & weather; gamma correction.

- Gameplay: nothing relevant.

- sound

- Conrols = keyboard config.

Edited by Bondbug

Yes, I believe the option was added in a patch at some point to fix the issue you are having.

If you download the two patches from the download section here (2.40 and then 2.43) you can use them to patch to the final version of the game. You can stop at 2.40 only if you want to save downloading the second one, the first is ~1GB and the second is 43MB and only makes the game compatible with Ice and Blood which I'm guessing you don't have.

Edit: Here is where the correct setting is:

post-583-0-69726000-1312607059_thumb.png

Brilliant DB :thumbsup:

Later: for what it is worth, installing the patch cured the problem without any need to use options menu. Thanks again. :)

Edited by Bondbug