Forgot to select hardcore

So I decided to start a Seraphim as a set/unique item finder. Got her to level 15 and realized I didn't select hardcore mode =( Is she gimped? Does hardcore offer any inherent bonus? If she dies I'll delete her anyway, I can't have a toon without survival bonus. Should I remake her now or will it not affect anything? BTW I love playing this character so far! Using the Queen of Blades build except I won't take bargaining, already have my inquisitor for that. Lots of fun to play so far!

Sounds like you're having a great time with this game, Slick. Welcome to Darkmatters and to Sacred 2 Addiction :devil:

Hardcore mode only means that if you die, you can't ever use that character again.

Every footfall, every archer, every twist of the game can lead to your sudden and very permanent death. This deluxe experience comes complete with high heartbeat, sweats, swears and oft-thrown mouses, especially after enormous dragon has played his breath upon your scorched and bitten corpse.

Exciting?

You bet

That's Hardcore

:viking:

gogo

Cool, thanks gogo. Heck yeah, I loved Sacred 1 and Sacred 2 is pretty awesome so far. I love that I can eat as many runes as I want without drops getting less. I only played closed hardcore in Sacred 1 and want to do the same here....if a character doesn't truly die it just isn't as exciting for me. I remember playing with you a few times in Sacred 1, there were so many great people playing that game. I wish I would have gotten to Sacred 2 sooner when people were playing more often. I'll probably try out each class to about level 30 before I get anyone to 100, that's what I did in Sacred 1. I have too much fun trying out new classes/builds.

If you die with a non hardcore toon you will only lose part of your survival bonus which you will soon replenish as you are only level 15.

If it was me I would start a new toon as a hardcore one, if that's the way you like to play. Level 15 is pretty easy to get back to.

In single player you will always be tempted to keep a toon going even when they die. Hardcore will eliminate that decision for you. ;)

Oh btw, if you want to play the closed servers you need the EU version including Ice and Blood. I only say that as I see you are in the US and maybe have that version installed. :)

I decided to just keep her, if she dies I'll delete her believe me. I remember Sacred 1 didn't mix hardcore with non-hardcore that was my concern. Thx Stubbie but I beat you to it, I bought the game off this site with Ice and Blood and am currently playing the closed servers. Love it too. Not as many people on as I hoped but the game isn't new. I have only been playing for a week or so and have already ran into 3 or 4 very awesome people that helped me with my special mount and also to easily grab some portals. Thx everyone!

Yah, this is why a number of the HC players created SC bargainers a while back... no chance of them dying on the way up to uber high levels, and once you get them up there, they can do all the trading and transferring via the shared chest

We had considered this for clan toons, but it would have impacted them being able to transact with all the HC toons in the community.

:)

gogo