If I buy the expansion, I'll also need the original?

I've got a few questions about Sacred 2 for the PC. Currently I play on the PS3, though Im very new to the game.

Is the MP community active, or is MP more ghost than not (and so, mainly solo play).

Looking on Amazon, I see Ice and Blood for EU, but I can't seem to find it for US. Does the expansion only exist for EU versions? Aslo, I assume that if I buy the expansion, I'll also need to buy the original?

Slightly related question - is a one time use serial or key required for the game (like in WoW or Everquest2)? I ask because the cheapest combo I see would be on Ebay - which is actually how I purchased my PS3 version. Though, one of the downfalls of ebay with things that require 1x use keys is that they are often already used and thus the purchase is simply giving someone else money for nada.

Completely unrelated - I read one of the differences between console and PS3 is how CAs work while on cooldown. On the PS3 I can hold down a button for a CA such as the Shadow Warrior's Frenzied Rampage and while recharging, my character will continue normal attacks. I read that this isnt the case on the PC. Does that make things more annoying, hectic, or frustrating?

MP may not be a ghost, but it is definitely on life support.

The Ice and Blood expansion is not available for the US version of the game. You can buy the UK version of Sacred 2 Gold (there should be a link at the top of this site). That includes the base game and the expansion. That is what I did when I made the leap from ps3.

I did miss just holding down a CA button after moving to PC, but I got used to it and do not miss it any more.

Welcome to DarkMatters, Cloud!

As posted, you can download Sacred 2 gold, which is complete with base game (Fallen Angel) and Ice and Blood:

Sacred 2 Gold

With Sacred 2 gold, you can use the new CM Patch which comes with innumerable goodies, new bosses, items, quests:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Community_Patch

Cheers

:)

gogo

Based on the replies, "buy gold", does that mean that it uses a 1x use serial and thus ebay is not recommended?

OH and a question I forgot to ask earlier! One of the pinned topics is about buying character slots. Within the thread it is mentioned that you have 3 character slots with the original and 2 more with the expansion... Bearing in mind that you only have 5 slots, how in the world is it feasible to have level 2, 35-45, 75, 100, 140 shoppers? That alone is 5! o.O

Edited by Cloud007

Based on the replies, "buy gold", does that mean that it uses a 1x use serial and thus ebay is not recommended?

If you buy from DL Gamer (the link Gogo provided) it accomplishes 2 things:

•  
  • Assists Dark Matters as they will get a portion of the sales of Sacred Gold.
  • You get a "new" copy of the game. AFAIK, there have been some issues with them but Gogo can get those mixups cleared up quite quickly.

Sorry, I don't know about the character slot question.

Alright Ill def be jumping on the Gold from the link at the top when I make the switch. DarkMatters did make the CM mod/patch if I'm not mistaken, no? That more than earns ya'll my tribute :D

In regards to character slots - anybody?

Edited by Cloud007

Alright Ill def be jumping on the Gold from the link at the top when I make the switch. DarkMatters did make the CM mod/patch if I'm not mistaken, no? That more than earns ya'll my tribute :D

In regards to character slots - anybody?

AFAIK, Ice and Blood Closed Net gives you 8 slots. I know I have 5 characters and still have slots remaining.

And whilst not entirely as useful, if you hold down both left and right mouse buttons when attacking, your character will make standard attacks on PC while your CA recharges, and then relaunch the CA when it becomes available. Plus, with Regen per Hit being active, it's even quicker to use your CAs again if you have that mod in use. Sacred 2 is a good game on PS3 (I have it on that machine, and have lost many a happy hour there), but it's even better on PC, and we have the CM Patch to boot.

Make the move and enjoy.