All-out Melee Build Inquisitor

joanofarc

Dear Sacred 2 followers!

I am doing a melee build inquisitor. He is at Level 25 and he has the following skills:

Skills: Tactics Lore (Keep at Character Level and max it at level 75)

Armor Lore (Keep at Character Level and max it at level 75)

Dual Wield (Keep at Character Level and max it at level 75)

Gruesome Inquisitor. Focus (20 pts till Level 75)

Constitution (20 pts initially)

Concentration (1 pt for 2 buffs - Puryfing Chastisement and Reverse Polarity buffs)

Astute Supremacy Focus (9pts- For Reverse Polarity mods)

Toughness

Level 50: Free Skill

Level 65: Free skill

I would need advice about the last two free skills.

Mods: Reverse Polarity: Rebound, Counterblow, Evade (With this mods I do not think my Inquisitor. necessarily needs Combat Reflexion)

Purifying Chastisement: I have not modded it yet, I am just sure about the silver and gold mods: Eradicate, Hallow. (But which one to choose for silver? Purge/Mystic. I have read that Mystic can be better at higher levels, because weapons can give additional magic damage, but I like fire Damage. If I am using in both of my hands weapons should I put lava chunk into both weapons both better damage if I choose Purge?)

Callous Execution: Bleed Lacarate and Life Leech

Ruthless Mitigation: Ire , Dolor, Frenzy

As for the last two skills I was thinking on:

Free skill 1: Spell Resistance or Combat Reflexes

Free skill 2: Damage Lore (For more damage)/N.N. Focus (For Soul Reaver). I like the choise to tkae it but is really Soul Reaver a good one? (There is no large mobs around the 4 guardiand, Gar, Gargantropod, neither around Octo.)

Waiting for any recommendations for this build.

Edited by joanofarc

NN focus, and not only for soul reaver. You can mod dislodged spirit too, it will help you a lot with bosses

spell resistance if you have Ice & blood

Hello Gimnosaji.

Thanks for the reply. How to mod Dislodged Spirit and Soul reaver if I am going to choose NN focus? SR is really good against bosses (becauce there is no mobs close to many bosses)?

NN focus, and not only for soul reaver. You can mod dislodged spirit too, it will help you a lot with bosses

spell resistance if you have Ice & blood

Hello Gimnosaji.

Thanks for the reply. How to mod Dislodged Spirit and Soul reaver if I am going to choose NN focus? SR is really good against bosses (becauce there is no mobs close to many bosses)?

Spite -> Deprivation -> Stimulate for Disloged Spirit

I don't really know for Soul reaver, I don't really like that buff. It's awesome when you kill many ennemies, but it's useless against bosses and it makes Purifying Chastisement useless (your damage won't go up if you're not getting it, wich is the point of SR)

I like using PC and reverse polarity much more

oh and for PC bronze mod, I think mystic is way better, because most unique/legendary weapons already have magic damage built in

Edited by Ginnosaji

Thank Ryan and Ginnosaji for the replies. :)

For my melee inquisitor (Gruesome aspect first and foremost) which one is better to focus more: AS Aspect or NN aspect? I will put 80% into Strength and 20% into vitality.

My Inquisitor is at Level 36 at the moment and going to the Dryad lands in silver.

Skills so far: Tactics Lore (Kept at Char Level)

DW (Kept at Char Level)

Armor Lore (30 points)

Guesome Inquisitor. Focus (20 points)

Constitution (20 pts)

level 18 -Free Not taken yet

level 25 -Free Not taken yet

level 35 -Free Not taken yet

Is it good to take "Concentration" and "AS Focus" for Reverse Polarity buff only (Mods: Rebound, Counterblow, Evade) or can I substitute them with "Combat Reflexes" only?

As for Dislodged Spirit: Spite / Deprivation/ Stimulate - I am not putting points into NN lore nor intelligence which would boost its damage, so is it still good to take Dislodged spirit? I am still waiting for "Soul Reaver" usefulness (mods would be: Zealot/Sourche/Zealot)

What other CAs are good to take from "AS" and/or "NN" aspects for my melee inquisitor and how to mod them?

As for "Purifiyng Chastisement" I am still thinking on the bronze mod (I have not taken it yet). I will use "Kaldurs Legacy", "Flashing Galive of Altheron" and "Crimson Vengeanc" and they do not have magic damage built in (at least I can not see that) so would it be better to take "Purge" ?

Does it mean that I do have fill bot of my weapons with 2 lava chunk (Purge mod) or with 2 magic pieces (Mystic)?

Edited by joanofarc
I don't really know for Soul reaver, I don't really like that buff. It's awesome when you kill many ennemies, but it's useless against bosses and it makes Purifying Chastisement useless (your damage won't go up if you're not getting it, wich is the point of SR)

I like using PC and reverse polarity much more

Well, PC and SR can work together... you just get hit a few times to reduce your health and then Clustering up a huge mob and you can run around with 25% health without fear of dying as your defences will be extrememly high.

Of couse, you are open to a lucky hit, which will probably result in death.

oh and for PC bronze mod, I think mystic is way better, because most unique/legendary weapons already have magic damage built in

For a hybrid...Mystic is better, as your "spells" are magic and physical-based, and Inquisitor has no fire-based spells.

As for "Purifiyng Chastisement" I am still thinking on the bronze mod (I have not taken it yet). I will use "Kaldurs Legacy", "Flashing Galive of Altheron" and "Crimson Vengeanc" and they do not have magic damage built in (at least I can not see that) so would it be better to take "Purge" ?

You kinda corner yourself into wanting to use fire-based weapons, but yeah, you have the right idea there.

Does it mean that I do have fill bot of my weapons with 2 lava chunk (Purge mod) or with 2 magic pieces (Mystic)?

Purge/Mystic only work on base damage. Lava Chunks and Magic Pearls are conversion, and work after "Damage: Magic +X%" or "Damage: Fire +X%" are applied

Wow Scott, you surprised me with your multy-reply answers. How could you manage for answering 2 people at the same time? Thanks you for the reply.

As for Mystic/Purge mod: I read about that Mystic has more resistance in the end of the game, while it better "support" for magic "spells" and practically a lot of weapons have base magic damage built in. What kind of weapons are they? I have not seen any with my 96 level Niob Seraphim yet. Do you still suggest to pick Mystic?

I will take the following Skills:

Tactics Lore

DW

Armor Lore

Guesome Inquisitor. Focus

Constitution

Combat Discipline

Tougness

Concentration

level 50: AS Focus

level 65: AS Lore/NN Focus

Is it better to take AS Focus plus Lore together for more supportive damage for my melee inquisitor or is it good to take both (NN Focus and AS Focus) for 2 CAs to choose from each?

Will not be my AS (Levin Array and Clustering Maelstrom) CAs "weak" without taking AS Lore and without boosting intelligence (I will add my points into 80% strength and 20% into Vitality)?

How to mod Levin Array and Clustering Maelstrom if I choose AS Lore and without AS Lore?

my inquisitor build:

Astute supremacy lore

dual wield

armor lore

constitution

gruesome inquisition focus

tactis lore

concentration

astute supremacy focus

free (planning on taking NN focus)

free (planning on taking toughness

if that can help you (I'm not saying my build is great, but our builds are similar)

Personnally, I wouldn't have taken combat discipline, but I guess it can be a good choice, with CM+RT+LA

Wow Scott, you surprised me with your multy-reply answers. How could you manage for answering 2 people at the same time? Thanks you for the reply.

No problemo!

As for Mystic/Purge mod: I read about that Mystic has more resistance in the end of the game, while it better "support" for magic "spells" and practically a lot of weapons have base magic damage built in. What kind of weapons are they? I have not seen any with my 96 level Niob Seraphim yet. Do you still suggest to pick Mystic?

The demons (the Alien-looking ones, not the flying fish) in the Wastelands have a good amount of magic-damage resistances, yes. Typically I will just switch to a poison or fire-based weapon... or just hammer on thru, not worrying about 1-shotting the Demons.

Weapons have their base damage represented in the display window. The yellow/red/blue/purple/green colours represent the ratios of the damage types. Look at a Desert Saber, it has base physical and magic damage, to me it looks like about 85% physical and 15% magic. You should be seeing lots and lots of elemental damages in the weapons you are finding with your 96 seraphim... just need to know what to look for ;)

I will take the following Skills:

Tactics Lore

DW

Armor Lore

Constitution

Combat Discipline

Tougness

Concentration

level 50: AS Focus

level 65: AS Lore/NN Focus

Is it better to take AS Focus plus Lore together for more supportive damage for my melee inquisitor or is it good to take both (NN Focus and AS Focus) for 2 CAs to choose from each?

Yes. To both ;) It all depends on what you want to use. With your build, staying in AS-aspect (ie take both Focus and Lore) rather than going with all 3 aspects will make for a stronger overall toon. For more fun/ trickery/ thought/ varied playstyles then go 3-aspect

Will not be my AS (Levin Array and Clustering Maelstrom) CAs "weak" without taking AS Lore and without boosting intelligence (I will add my points into 80% strength and 20% into Vitality)?

If you are primarily GI-aspect, don't worry about Int. If you were pure caster, maybe... but not for melee-centered hybrid Inquisitors.

How to mod Levin Array and Clustering Maelstrom if I choose AS Lore and without AS Lore?

I don't mod LA very often, usually just for the extra angle. I don't use it much past Silver difficluty. CM I always go Vortex and the 2 range-increasing mods... but these choices may not be optimal without the Lore.

Thanks Essjayehm for the answers.

I have taken the following Skills:

Tactics Lore

DW

Armor Lore

Constitution

Toughness

This is until now as a tough Gruesome build and will add up supportve magic for my build: Concentration, Astute Supremacy Focus, AS Lore and Combat Discipline

I can understand now the weapons base damage have not looked at it that deep.

I will probably take Mystic for PC. Which is better mod for PC gold: more damage (+20%) or inure (damage mitigation 10%)?

My seraphim level 102 have just found a level 105 chestplate with 20% damage mitigation for all channel and silver and gold slot in it. With Inquisitor. how is it possible to get good damage mitigation? I know Bargaining and Armor/Toughness can help. Which class can help for Inquisitor. to find good Dmg mitigation plate with Bargaining?

I can understand now the weapons base damage have not looked at it that deep.

I will probably take Mystic for PC. Which is better mod for PC gold: more damage (+20%) or inure (damage mitigation 10%)?

Inure. The Inquisitor's main line of defence in the higher difficulties is mitigation, and Inure adds a LOT of mitigation. If you don't plan on playing in Niobium, then more damage is OK.

My seraphim level 102 have just found a level 105 chestplate with 20% damage mitigation for all channel and silver and gold slot in it. With Inquisitor. how is it possible to get good damage mitigation? I know Bargaining and Armor/Toughness can help. Which class can help for Inquisitor. to find good Dmg mitigation plate with Bargaining?

Best to shop with an Inquisitor to find eqiupment for an Inquisitor. Other classes can find Inquisitor stuff, but to find something as specific as mitigation equipment, it will take a long time. The inquisitor's main sources of damage mitigation comes from equipment... you typically need armour lore mastery to get the unlockable mitigatoin on chestplate and shoulders, and maybe the skirt can be found with mitigation, too. Toughness adds damage mitigation, and the combat art modifications (Inure on PC, and Exploit on Reverse Polarity). The exploit gold modification on RP is very, very powerful on the consoles... but on PC I believe the max. mitigation you can get is 25%. Still a very good amount of DM, nonetheless.

Thank you Essjayehm.

You are very kind and gentle for replying so much. :)

Have you seen an uniqes like "Ta Nnk's Plate" or "The Wayfarer"? I have not seen any with my level 108 EP seraphim either yet.

Regards