The long-lost son is back :)

After a very unpleasant interruption, which lasted 4 months, fraught with uncertainty and numerous plights, Dobri's back to Sacred 2 with new drive and new determination :)

The life in Germany's going well and I'm a proud owner of a new, relatively cheap laptop - nothing wicked: 2x2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2GB Video - that allows me to run Sacred 2 at decent settings and MY OH MY! After almost 3 years of playing this game, I finally found out that IT'S GORGEOUS! With PhysX, high graphic settings, Sacred 2 ROCKS!!

So, you can expect plenty of new stuff from me now... You've been warned :P

Nice to see you back :)

I've recently gotten a new laptop too thats capable of taming the Sacred 2 Beast, but haven't had the time with uni and social life to get back into it. Not too fussed for now, but it may be good for destressing when uni gets to crunch time!

Dobri, welcome back to the homestead... and with flashy new laptop too! I get the same feeling sometimes when I turn the game on and just think about all the work put into it. Happy seeing someone else "re-seeing" this game as well.

Welcome back to SacredWorld!

:)

gogo

...So, you can expect plenty of new stuff from me now... You've been warned :P

Hurrah! :cow_white: :cow_white: :cow_white: Welcome back! Very much looking forward to hearing more from you! (Hope Germany is getting better for you.)

Well, it's certainly better - new job, new opportunities, new acquisitions on the very first month... and around 2500 km closer to all the friends in Canada, Germany, and other EU contries I made here in the FDM :)

I still can't help but wonder how pretty this game is. I just love the animation of HE's incandescent skin buff - the way she swirls all the leaves and stones lying around her in two different directions like a two-fold twister... Seraphim's buffs also look better, not to mention the SHINY new equip everyone gets... Or even the detailed new textures and flowing movements of the Nameless Guardians. Sheesh. That's what happens when you suddenly jump from playing on very low settings without PhysX to very high settings with PhysX, lol :D

Welcome back, mate! Hopefully life's taking it a little more easy on you in future. ^^

I've had some similar experiences in past. Hard as it may be, you'll just come out stronger. :viking:

One thing I miss is the PhysX, using Ati atm, but otherwise it was the same for me after the newest comp update. Finally, all settings to the maximum, and only experience some slight lag every now and then. The game sure is glorious. :D

Hoping to hear more of your delvings in Sacred 2 later on.

Well... I started working on some new stuff right away... Deleted some old chars and started new ones on the spot right away :)

I'll add some new findings these days :)

Well... I started working on some new stuff right away... Deleted some old chars and started new ones on the spot right away :)

I'll add some new findings these days :)

Dobri, you building with CMPatch, or staying Vanilla?

:)

gogo

Right now I'm kinda vanilla, because I'm making a variation of the dual-aspect HE. IT would appear that the build has a very viable shopper version :) As soon as I hit a decent level, I'll add the findings to the forums.

Anything interesting on CM, gogo?

Bet you're glad to be back playing again, I'm so jealous I love Sacred 2 but playing on the xbox I just seem to miss out on all the beauty and fun of the game -- not to mention with the 10lvl cap you can almost forget multiplayer.

Do you mind sharing what graphics card you have in your laptop? I really need to try and get a pc/laptop to play Sacred on

Bet you're glad to be back playing again, I'm so jealous I love Sacred 2 but playing on the xbox I just seem to miss out on all the beauty and fun of the game -- not to mention with the 10lvl cap you can almost forget multiplayer.

Do you mind sharing what graphics card you have in your laptop? I really need to try and get a pc/laptop to play Sacred on

The card on the laptop is GeForce GT 540M 2GB, with nvidia optimus technology. This means when the laptop doesn't need the entire dedicated amount of memory of the vcard, it switches it to a shared vcard chip to save energy and thus money - or so they say :)

I still can't help but wonder how pretty this game is. I just love the animation of HE's incandescent skin buff - the way she swirls all the leaves and stones lying around her in two different directions like a two-fold twister... Seraphim's buffs also look better, not to mention the SHINY new equip everyone gets... Or even the detailed new textures and flowing movements of the Nameless Guardians. Sheesh. That's what happens when you suddenly jump from playing on very low settings without PhysX to very high settings with PhysX, lol :D

Noooo! Mustn't speak of it. I STILL haven't had the pleasure of playing with physx effects. *sniff* Nice to read you're keeping well and making good progress in life Dobri. :)

Noooo! Mustn't speak of it. I STILL haven't had the pleasure of playing with physx effects. *sniff* Nice to read you're keeping well and making good progress in life Dobri. :)

You're not the only one :(