PS3 Couch Co-Op Free World

While playing, my brother and I decided to hop over to couch co-op Free World instead of Campaign. Didn't notice it right away but after a bit we noticed that he wasnt getting XP at all (my character kills much more rapidly), so we started testing and found out that XP doesn't seem to be shared in this mode. Is there any way to turn XP sharing on in free world mode?

Slightly related - free world, unlike campaign, is the only place where you "start anew" each time you play. Resetting things like the orc caves, etc. For whatever reason, orc cave bugged out n stopped respawnning in our campaign playthrough. With free world not allowing us to share XP... what would be a good place to grind XP?

The reason why experience isn't shared in Free World is because players start off in separate parties (like they do in the online Free World co-op). However, in couch co-op, you can not change the parties of each player (like you can online), therefore the issue can't be resolved.

Alternative grinding areas include:

A) South Eastern area of the Swamp.

B) Trip from the Archeologist's Camp to Kral in the Jungle area.

Alternatively, you can progress to a higher difficulty to restore the Orc Cave.

Hope that helps.

That was one of my favorite runs, although the XP was not as good as others (and I was killing Kral every time).

The reason why experience isn't shared in Free World is because players start off in separate parties (like they do in the online Free World co-op). However, in couch co-op, you can not change the parties of each player (like you can online), therefore the issue can't be resolved.

Alternative grinding areas include:

A) South Eastern area of the Swamp.

Alternatively, you can progress to a higher difficulty to restore the Orc Cave.

Hope that helps.

That's quite a shame. I looked into it and found that answer elsewhere as well, but from posts dating back to 2009. Seems the XBOX360 version had the same issue but was patched; I was hoping the PS3 had been patched and I simply was unfamiliar with how to change parties.

Swamps sounds interesting. Any guide you know of that lays out a good run path in the swamps? I actually just got into the swamps in the campaign, haven'nt reached the southeast end yet. But looking at the interactive map, Im guessing a triangle from Lizurath to Hissil? *attached image to show what I mean*

Forseeable issue with the alternative solution is the the orc cave bugging again and stopping spawnage. Though we will make use of it till that happens, but tis annoying when your prepared for a nice grind session and its cut short.

Edited by Cloud007

I do not see your image but it sounds right. You want to be in the far southeast corner.

FWIW, there is a thread about console leveling spots. I tried to post the link here but it did not come through.

Edited by lujate

Oii, ok, sorry. Ill go look for it :) Thanks!

The more I think about it, the more of a depressing thing this whole lack of couch freeworld is becoming. Bought the PS3 version specifically to couch coop with my bro - but taking out freeworld means no fun boss grinding and the likes. Ah well.. its still really fun all in all

edit: OH! I didnt click attach this file after locating it. silly me!

post-23829-0-45918500-1312775177_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cloud007

That's the correct area.

Yeah, the lack of Free World in couch co-op is a little depressing. I'll take some time tomorrow to see if there's a way to change parties that I've overlooked prior.

For those on 360, is it just a matter of highlight a player and press a button to change parties (like in the online co-op)?