Sets vs +Skillis which is better way?

First off, I hate a bargainer/shopper. I was thinking that maybee just download things. But since I see not many armors that adds plus skills for download, I began to consider set alternative vs individual +skills items (most offer little or no defensive properies).

1. Which do you think is better all around gear sets or +skill individual pieces?

2. Which weapons (download) offer the best combination of +skill and +c.a.'s? I play mostly casters, but I do have atleast one of each type so weapon type really doesn't matter. I

just would like weapons with highest +skills or +skills +c.a. together.

Thanks

In my opinion, well-selected rare items can outweigh 90% of the set and unique items in this game. Shopped rare armors can show up with 2 sockets, +all skills, huge armor value and great modifiers, which can only be outweighed by a really good set or unique piece (like the 3-socket Holy Protection, Greaves of the Heirs, Armantin's belt and so on). Also, few character sets have decent overall set bonuses - for me, if it's not +all skills, damage mitigation or life leech +%, it's not worth it.

So technically, if you have a good bargainer, and take your time to shop, you'll always find better stuff. I personally, would like to see a set or unique item that's better than a torso armor with + all skills, high-grade damage mitigation and 2 sockets, for example. Same goes for shoulders.

As for the weapon, if you have a good shopper, the Officer's Saber is the way to go. Its 3 gold sockets can hold up to 3x +All Skills/+Combat arts socketables, which is downright awesome, and beats all other unique items in terms of usefulness for casters. If not, you can always go for Tinwora's curse, for example.