Unique items

joanofarc

Hello Everyone.

I would like to know how and where can we get unique items for the Inquisitor and Seraphim? (Eg. Ta Nnk's Plate, The Wayfarer, Bodhie's Resistance, Gruni's Stole).

I have got a level 108 Seraphim with EP mastered and Bargaining going to be mastered in the next 2 levels, but I have not seen any of them yet. My seraphim has been wandering in Niob for quite a while.

Another question is which is more important for my EP seraphim: higher chance to find valuables % or higher EP points? What is the difference between them?

Thanks and Greetings.

Hello Everyone.

I would like to know how and where can we get unique items for the Inquisitor and Seraphim? (Eg. Ta Nnk's Plate, The Wayfarer, Bodhie's Resistance, Gruni's Stole).

I'd never heard of these before! A quick lookaround the wiki shed a little light on them. You have to have Ice and Blood installed, as they weren't available before the expansion. This page has a pretty good list of the goodies made available with Ice and Blood.

I have got a level 108 Seraphim with EP mastered and Bargaining going to be mastered in the next 2 levels, but I have not seen any of them yet. My seraphim has been wandering in Niob for quite a while.

Another question is which is more important for my EP seraphim: higher chance to find valuables % or higher EP points? What is the difference between them?

Thanks and Greetings.

Hello Everyone.

I'd never heard of these before! A quick lookaround the wiki shed a little light on them. You have to have Ice and Blood installed, as they weren't available before the expansion. This page has a pretty good list of the goodies made available with Ice and Blood.

Thanks and Greetings.

You are right and thanks, but some items which are labelled "only Ice and Blood" works properly in FA: eg. "Death Pipe", "Aura of Death", "Thunderstrike".

Anyways can they be found somewhere in FA or in Ice and Blood?

It seems that someone found them and they exist, because he/she uploaded pictures about them to sacredwiki.

You are right and thanks, but some items which are labelled "only Ice and Blood" works properly in FA: eg. "Death Pipe", "Aura of Death", "Thunderstrike".

Anyways can they be found somewhere in FA or in Ice and Blood?

It seems that someone found them and they exist, because he/she uploaded pictures about them to sacredwiki.

I would hazard a guess that you are getting bit by the bug known as Murphy's Law! 8)

Or, whatever the phenomenon is called... at any rate, you are looking for specific unique items, but the luck of the draw has not gotten you exactly what you are looking for. My only advice at this point is to keep looking!

This is most of the reason that I rely so heavily on Bargaining... I don't even have access to go online to trade for specific sets or uniques so I just jigsaw together a good setup from bargained equipment.

Hi Joan

I'm a bit confused what you mean by this.

Are you saying that you have found the Death pipe and Aura of Death in Fallen Angel?

I had thought those drops were only created for for the Ice and Blood patch.

:unsure:

gogo

Hi Joan

I'm a bit confused what you mean by this.

Are you saying that you have found the Death pipe and Aura of Death in Fallen Angel?

I had thought those drops were only created for for the Ice and Blood patch.

:unsure:

gogo

Hello Gogo.

Regarding "Death Pipe", "Aura of Death", "Thunderstrike" I had downloaded them from Wolfie and tried them, because I was curious how they look like and if they worked in FA, because they were labelled "just Ice and Blood" items. I have not got any drops in FA, though they work in FA. The "Legend" still only works in Ice and Blood only.

My question was that if you had got any "Ta Nnk's Plate", "The Wayfarer", "Bodhie's Resistance", "Gruni's Stole" drops in Ice and Blood ? Because essjayehm and you Gogo both replied that it only exists in Ice and Blood. :)

Off topic Gogo: I have a level 110 EP/Bargainer Seraphim in Niob and I am curious what is the difference between pumping up "EP points" and "chance to find valuables" ? which one is better to pump: eg: 1. having 250pts in EP plus only 40% ctf valuables OR 2. 200pts in EP plus 80% ctfv ?

Another question what is "Damage over time" for all channel is good for (I have in the seraphim' wings "Infinite Revenge" -30% @ level 125) and is there any difference between dmg. mitigation and damage over time ?

Regards.

Joan

Edited by joanofarc

Hello Gogo.

Regarding "Death Pipe", "Aura of Death", "Thunderstrike" I had downloaded them from Wolfie and tried them, because I was curious how they look like and if they worked in FA, because they were labelled "just Ice and Blood" items. I have not got any drops in FA, though they work in FA. The "Legend" still only works in Ice and Blood only.

My question was that if you had got any "Ta Nnk's Plate", "The Wayfarer", "Bodhie's Resistance", "Gruni's Stole" drops in Ice and Blood ? Because essjayehm and you Gogo both replied that it only exists in Ice and Blood. :)

Ahh, okay, so you were only able to "apply" the downloads from the expansion to Fallen Angel. This is interesting. The Wiki description is fairly accurate however... as they were originally created and come form the expansion. Interesting about using downloads from the expansion to the base game though ^^

:)

gogo

Ahh, okay, so you were only able to "apply" the downloads from the expansion to Fallen Angel. This is interesting. The Wiki description is fairly accurate however... as they were originally created and come form the expansion. Interesting about using downloads from the expansion to the base game though ^^

gogo

Hello Gogo.

Yes, indeed it is interesting.

I have a level 110 EP/Bargainer Seraphim in Niob and I am curious what is the difference between pumping up "EP points" and increasing "chance to find valuables" number ? Which one is better to pump higher ?

Another question what is the difference between "Damage Mitigation" and "Damage over time"? Both are in the "Dragon Amulet" against Fire. I know that "Damage Mitigation" absorbs/decrease the wounds lets say having 10% Dmg mitigation and an Orc hit 5000 in Niob - so 5000-500 = 4500 Damage from the Orc. Is "Damage Over time" useful?

Damage Mitigation blocks incoming damage. Damage over time reduces damage taken from DOT, like when you get poisoned by a spider, your character glows green and your hp continue to drop. In Ice and Blood, I consider those two to be the most important defense modifiers.

This is just my basic understanding. Hopefully someone else will come along with a more thorough explanation.

Damage Mitigation blocks incoming damage.

As Lujate posted, damage mitigation neutralizes a channel or channels of damage, here's some good references/articles I dug up from some of our members and Wiki:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Damage_Mitigation

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Toughness

Guide to Damage Mitigation [DM] - By soldats

Do you like this girl? Damage Mitigation = Invulnerable Seraphim

A lot to read and sink teeth into

Bon apetit

:chef:

gogo

Thanks Gogo.

Thats a great help about "Damage Mitigation." I knew lots of them about them. :)

The thing I do not now much about is "Damage over Time". I know that "Dmg over time -% poison" can help against scorpions (especially Gargantropod) and spiders and undead prince and know that "damage over time -% fire" can help against Dragonbreath, but otherwise they seem quite useless for the entire game, of course 4 guardians are not included.

Anyways other than that "Damage over time -X%" seems just useful in some situations especially against some bosses and not for the enire game, at least not for me. What is your opinions?

Anyways other than that "Damage over time -X%" seems just useful in some situations especially against some bosses and not for the enire game, at least not for me. What is your opinions?

Actually with ice and blood the anti dot mods became crucial. Platinum to Niobium level damage from spiders using DOT in the swamp, the fastest leveling ground in the game, can kill you in a few ticks. This, combined with a huge increase in hit points with the expansion and all of a sudden, item modifiers that meant nothing in Fallen Angel, became the most important thing in the game.

In fact, with a number of players I was playing with in HC online, they all had a second set of gear called Anti Dot gear. This armor set would have damage, etc traded out for anti dot just to be able to weather being bombarded by swarms of spiders as you pounded away at the space bar hoping to break away, while sweating and swearing.

For Silver to gold, I had found that a very VERY careful Dryad could get through Swamp while being a sharpshooter with her shots and making sure spiders would be knocked out quickly before the ticks of the Dot would take us out.

However...once you hit Platinum or Niobium, it's almost a requisite in ice and blood to have some sort of anti dot if you want to level in the busiest, most populated leveling areas in the game.

gogo