Best Overall Character In Sacred 2?

Which is the best overall character?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best over all character in Sacred 2, in your opinion?

• Seraphim
    • Dryad
    • High Elf
    • Shadow Warrior
    • Temple Guardian
    • Inquisitor
    • Dragon Mage
  2. 2. Which is the most POWERFUL character?

• Seraphim
    • Dryad
    • High Elf
    • Shadow Warrior
    • Temple Guardian
    • Inquisitor
    • Dragon Mage

The poor Inquisitor just doesn't get any respect. What's not to love about a character with lines like "Die heretic!", or "Death comes for you".. :lol:

I really loved the thought they put into this class. Have you checked the page for Star Wars in the Wiki to see how much reference was built into him as homage to Darth Sidious

hmmm... did they?

:lol:

gogo

seraphim coz she got dem pigtails

don't forget the noodle wings from the original Sacred

EPIC

:superman:

gogo

Lol those jigglies was the cuties. Too bad it lagged my game like there is no tommorow. Especially in the dryad forest

• Like! 1

seraphim coz she got dem pigtails

don't forget the noodle wings from the original Sacred

EPIC

:superman:

gogo

Lol those jigglies was the cuties. Too bad it lagged my game like there is no tommorow. Especially in the dryad forest

I remember the first time I saw them... think it was online and someone else was using them...I was floored, never seen anything like it...and they fluttered backwards when you went forward quickly!

:bounce:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

was sold on the Dryad as well, moment I saw the instant travel speed of the blowpipe added with life leech. Leech in Sacred 2, was just about the best effect for me I'd ever seen. In fact, the sound that accompanied it was even better when it was first released, and was almost the entire reason I could play the game non stop...just couldn't get enuff of it. However, with that came a lot of drops in the game, and finally when they patched, they made serious edits and pulled back on a lot of it's sonic effect, to make the game more stable.

crying moment

:cry:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

My Inquisitor Buff and Bash the Last Hurrah in the guides/builds section was a tank with: high evasion, mitigation, and reflect.. Also remember inquisitor can use soul reever which pretty much completely reduces mobs chance to hurt him.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Without CM-patch berzerkform is far less powerful. But with CM-patch you can kill bosses at lower difficulties very easily. And no fear that you get debuffed at the white griffon. In berzerkform you have no buffs which could be debuffed ;)

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...

I'm playing a ranged Shadow Warrior around level 56 right now, and it's probably my most favorite character because he gives you so much that you can do to react to situations and be powerful, so many interesting moves, and the lack of bad weaknesses means I can relax and just enjoy playing. He's got offense and defense boosts, great buffs, a jump, generous adaptability in the builds, fun weapon damage CA mods, various ways to get Area of Effect and big single target damage. That said, most of his uniqueness seems to be locked in Astral Lord, which I haven't been able to use.

My second favorite character, and my previous favorite, is the Dryad. The two things I don't like about the Dryad is the terrible vulnerability to fire and the lack of a good offensive boost for a ranged Capricious dryad. I feel very good playing a Dryad, but if I step away from the controller on PS3, she could die to a fire mob, despite being virtually immortal elsewhere.

I want to love the Temple Guardian because there are so many neat CAs, but you almost can't use some of them, and most of them are almost useless at a low level. That said, I did recently discover how powerful a low level Source Warden is against Kobolds. I'm in the process of tinkering with a ranged TG using a one handed blaster. Early signs are that it's going to be good.

I think my least favorite character, minding I haven't played Dragon Mage, is the High Elf. She's fun to play, but I feel like too many of her CAs feel redundant, like having two AoEs in Arrant Pyromancer. When you're trying to make a Magic Coup build, it's really disappointing that almost none of the offensive spells have debuffing bonus choices. You have to choose a tree for a defensive buff because you have almost no defensive skills, but I think Incendiary Shower and Cascading Shroud are the only CAs there that have any use for a melee high elf. One of the things I enjoy is planning out builds, and every time I try to make a magic coup build, I feel like my hands are tied.

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

well the title ask what is the overall best char in sacred to and for me its the first char that I used, the "Dryad". Bcuz you don't really need a build to make her a badass, if you are having a hard time with melee dryad you can just equip a blowpipe and kill any thing, I've tried all char and all builds in here as well a my own and so far nothing tops Dryad, but if you ask Who is the most powerful, well it depends, 1vs1? or Area of Effect? for 1vs1 for me its the Seraphim, but for Area of Effect its the High Elf, but I click the dryad bcuz for the seraphim and high elf to be the most powerful you need a very good and strict build, but the dryad does not, and if you ask who is the hardest to kill, for me its also the dryad, maxed it w/o dying.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

dryad. indestructible fleetfooted killing machine with those immortal classics 'there must be a nest around here' and 'okay you managed to make me mad' :)

She was my first favorite as well

Great having you here on the boards, kubitoid, welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• 6 months later...

I feel that the overall best character is the Seraphim. She is almost (ALMOST) as strong as the Shadow Warrior, and she takes very little damage. I don't use combat arts with her very often, though, but when I do, it's something I wish I'd do more often.

However, I feel that the most powerful would have to go to (and this is an unusual one) the High Elf. I know it sounds strange, but the High Elf can turn up to be a character that endlessly spams a powerful combat art with wide range (like Glacial Thorns or Blazing Tempest) and keeps gaining power until she ends up one-shotting the Nameless Guardians (that's an exaggeration). This makes for a truly powerful character. It's kind of boring to play a character like that, though, since there's no longer a challenge (and the blood everywhere gets disgusting eventually, luckily there's gore setting).

• Like! 1

I feel that the overall best character is the Seraphim. She is almost (ALMOST) as strong as the Shadow Warrior, and she takes very little damage. I don't use combat arts with her very often, though, but when I do, it's something I wish I'd do more often.

However, I feel that the most powerful would have to go to (and this is an unusual one) the High Elf. I know it sounds strange, but the High Elf can turn up to be a character that endlessly spams a powerful combat art with wide range (like Glacial Thorns or Blazing Tempest) and keeps gaining power until she ends up one-shotting the Nameless Guardians (that's an exaggeration). This makes for a truly powerful character. It's kind of boring to play a character like that, though, since there's no longer a challenge (and the blood everywhere gets disgusting eventually, luckily there's gore setting).

Agree with you on the High Elf being quite powerful. I'd taken a Purely magical build up to Niobium in HC online servers. Was hairyscary at times, but the thrill of shooting out those ice bolts made up for those moments. She was strong almost everywhere, but of course gainst Guardians, anything can go wrong

:oooo:

gogo

• 2 months later...

If only I had the patience, or it wasnt so much grind to get all the way to Niob.

I've still only played TG and High Elves. So far I've tried:

Lost Fusion caster

Devout Guardian + Sword on TG

Mystic Stormite Glacial Spears Spam

And my current project is Delphic + Staff build using:

Delphic Lore + Focus, Combat Discipline, Staffs, Speed lore (for attack and defense buff, not the lousy insignificant speed), Armor Lore, Shield Lore, Constitution, and just using Cobalt Strike and Magic Coup, plus the teleport and debuff skills (100% instant energy shield removal on Gar Colossus oh my god!)

And 5 Riding to unlock Enhanced Perception (Dont need bargaining as my main is a shopper blacksmith TG, I seriously wish that Alchemy was a primary instead for the High Elf, but since its not I'll never use it).

Edited by bhav
  • Like! 1
  • 6 months later...

Both DMage and HElf are powerful casting characters. They can be melee-invincible if you have master-level shield lore. With a few good amulets they can be DOT-invincible. All there's left is spell-based damage that can be reduced a bit by DM's toughness and some mitigation gears or countered by HE's master level constitution. Their CAs are powerful especially for the mentalism DM and icy-HE so you have lots things going for you if you build them right.

Edited by dlmaniac
  • Like! 1

Welcome to darkmatters

Yes I agree. Personally my best character is a hardcore dragon mage mentalist with all items which give +ca-range approaching level 200. I added only the CM-Patch and didn't modify anything else.

• Like! 1

Welcome to darkmatters

Yes I agree. Personally my best character is a hardcore dragon mage mentalist with all items which give +ca-range approaching level 200. I added only the CM-Patch and didn't modify anything else.

I loved following all your builds Chattius, especially the Dragon Mage when it came out as I was running one in HC.. very exciting CA's to use... specially with the wands ^^

:)

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Im probably a little late but with some %LL , I kill the guardians with a dryad in like 1 second. Just get close to them and spawn darting assault 2-3 times and that should do it. So overall - seraphim for sure. One aditional item ( 2 aditional in comparison to dryads if you dont count the shrunken head ) is a lot. 

Still, launching 15 arrows per second is also a lot ^^

I believe the "Best Class in game X" matter is highly subjective/personal.

Some ppl love "Close Combat" Classes, others the "Ranged Combat" Classes and some will swear their firstborn on the "Mixed/Multi Ranged" Classes. And that's without going into the who knows how many ways ANY Class can be skilled/developed.

Personally, in Sacred 2 I love playing the Seraphim and High Elf. The Seraphim I skill mostly in Close Combat with either Technology OR Divine Magic as secondaries, the High Elves I play, either end up as Pyromaniacs or Ice Queens with a few points in Arcane. Thats my personal preference, so perhaps not the best choices. I'm playing Sacred 2 to have fun, this way to play gives me what I want.

Oddly I still dont enjoy the Seraphim class for whatever reason, and didnt like Dragon Mages when I tried them.

Glacial Thorns has always been my favourite skill to use, and I enjoy both the Devout Guardian and Lost Fusion skills for TGs, but I dont like source warden.