Best Overall Character In Sacred 2?

Which is the best overall character?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best over all character in Sacred 2, in your opinion?

• Seraphim
    • Dryad
    • High Elf
    • Shadow Warrior
    • Temple Guardian
    • Inquisitor
    • Dragon Mage
  2. 2. Which is the most POWERFUL character?

• Seraphim
    • Dryad
    • High Elf
    • Shadow Warrior
    • Temple Guardian
    • Inquisitor
    • Dragon Mage

Seraphim

Dryad

High Elf (HE)

Shadow Warrior (SW)

Temple Guardian (TG)

Inquisitor

Dragon Mage (DM)

Which is actually the best overall character?

Characters measured by power, consistency, fun to play, best survival, all of them put together plus your own opinions to see which is the best overall character?

Then the other poll is based on pure power - fast kills, great at destroying large swarms of enemies, or quick scale boss slaying.

Get your arguments here! I'm interested!

I've only played the Dragon Mage so far, so my view is extremely biased, but I am sure this topic will influence my next character choice.

Edited by Legend Aadil

An interesting question, but one that will probably never be resolved since it is subjective and dependent on what you are looking for. What is the most interesting to play today, solo, multiplayer, looking for a challenge, relaxing, micromanaged, uncomplicated?

I would say that the Shadow Warrior is the most powerful character though, anything with 100% invisibilty (Shadow Veil, buffed), while using Skeleton Fortresses, Spectral Hand, Throwing Stars and Nether Alliegance takes some beating!

Dryad seems most powerful.

Shadow warrior seems most diverse to me and easiest to build a solid character with.Think about the combat arts he has Melee,turrets,party buffs,jumping,running,personal buffs,summons,invisibility,remote attacks.You'd think him having such diverse skills he'd be weak in them but no he seems to have both the best melee skills and Summon skills.

In my opinion:

1. Best overall - Seraphim, hands down. Great damage mitigation, great combat arts allowing for every style of play.

2. Most powerful - Shadow Warrior. With LL% and well-thought out build, his damage will skyrocket.

• Like! 1

I think the Sacred 2 seraphim' was awesome. A massive improvement on the original S1 version..........IMHO.

I was dissapointed with the SW, infact a bit of a let down and a big step backwards from the gladiator.

Steve. :)

I think the Sacred 2 seraphim' was awesome. A massive improvement on the original S1 version..........IMHO.

Alas... this was one of my first real dissapointments with the game... Combat Arts. I was waiting for years for a powerful reboot of the Seraphim's Celestial Light, and what we got in Sacred 2 for this seemed to be nothing better than a flat, lined effect.

In fact, most of the Combat Arts from Sacred 2 were a bit flat... does anyone miss the Battle Mage's Fireball too?

It's rapid-fire, gunning effect, gooooooooooone

:)

gogo

Alas... this was one of my first real dissapointments with the game... Combat Arts. I was waiting for years for a powerful reboot of the Seraphim's Celestial Light, and what we got in Sacred 2 for this seemed to be nothing better than a flat, lined effect.

In fact, most of the Combat Arts from Sacred 2 were a bit flat... does anyone miss the Battle Mage's Fireball too?

It's rapid-fire, gunning effect, gooooooooooone

gogo

Hehe, fantastic action there Gogo. Pevil would be loving that horsey action too. ( I miss that lady).

Hey, oh my goodness, you better grab yerself a health pot already ! :o

Steve. :)

Pevil! :hugs: @ Pevil!

Yeah, that was Schot's build...wild huh? (He was asking for a bunch of volunteers in the old days to do a "group build" that would have us volunteers racing across the desert all blasting fireballs in front of us to decimate all enemies!)

The only toon that had this kind of a visceral feel or crunch for me, this kind of speed was probably the Dryad...that instant travel blow gun... the net knows no equal!

:bounce:

gogo

I'm going to agree with Dobri with his analysis of why seraphim is best overall, but also going to go seraphim as most powerful, due to her potential of having the most sockets (oo-er!). With dual wield and nine armour slots, as well as bargaining as a second pick, she can socket a heck of a lot of goodness. Having Blacksmith would make her even better (which is probably why she didn't get it), but I think she's still the most reliable to get decent levels of power out of her sockets.

Edited by Steerpike1
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah :) seraphim with Kaldurs = "If you can't kill me in one hit, I'll be 200 before you know it" :P

EDIT: Ah, Gogo, you wondermaker! I wasn't even aware that BM's fireballs can do that! Great action and a big spoiler there ;) Gotta try it!

Edited by Dobri

I think that may have been part of the overall plot - In Sacred 2 the Seraphim were at the height of their fighting power. But after the events of the Light Campaign in Sacred 2 and a thousand years(or however long it was between games) later in S1, the Seraphim lost a lot of their old power. A big example is that in S1 the BFG and Energy Shield are time limited while in Sacred 2 they are not.

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

I think that may have been part of the overall plot - In Sacred 2 the Seraphim were at the height of their fighting power. But after the events of the Light Campaign in Sacred 2 and a thousand years(or however long it was between games) later in S1, the Seraphim lost a lot of their old power. A big example is that in S1 the BFG and Energy Shield are time limited while in Sacred 2 they are not.

Love your insight on this here

gogo