Photo

Best Overall Character In Sacred 2?

68 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is the best overall character? (140 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the best over all character in Sacred 2, in your opinion?

1. Seraphim (59 votes [42.14%])

Percentage of vote: 42.14%

2. Dryad (17 votes [12.14%])

Percentage of vote: 12.14%

3. High Elf (12 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

4. Shadow Warrior (23 votes [16.43%])

Percentage of vote: 16.43%

5. Temple Guardian (12 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

6. Inquisitor (9 votes [6.43%])

Percentage of vote: 6.43%

7. Dragon Mage (8 votes [5.71%])

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

Which is the most POWERFUL character?

1. Seraphim (50 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

2. Dryad (21 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

3. High Elf (28 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Shadow Warrior (24 votes [17.14%])

Percentage of vote: 17.14%

5. Temple Guardian (5 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

6. Inquisitor (3 votes [2.14%])

Percentage of vote: 2.14%

7. Dragon Mage (9 votes [6.43%])

Percentage of vote: 6.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 siddham

siddham

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Decided to put them in order:

Which is the best over all character in Sacred 2, in your opinion?

1. Seraphim (22 votes [37.93%])

2. Shadow Warrior (12 votes [20.69%])

3. Dryad (9 votes [15.52%])

4. Temple Guardian (8 votes [13.79%])

5. Dragon Mage (3 votes [5.17%])

6. High Elf (2 votes [3.45%])

6. Inquisitor (2 votes [3.45%])   

Which is the most POWERFUL character in Sacred 2, in your opinion?

1. Seraphim (23 votes [39.66%])

2. Dryad (9 votes [15.52%])

2. High Elf (9 votes [15.52%])

2. Shadow Warrior (9 votes [15.52%])

3. Temple Guardian (4 votes [6.90%])

4. Dragon Mage (3 votes [5.17%])

5. Inquisitor (1 votes [1.72%])

Edited by siddham, 06 November 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#42 chattius

chattius

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• 3,978 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

I really wonder why the Inquisitor is last. At least in the CM-Patch he can doublewield x% lifeleech fist weapons and can attack with an amazing 170% attack speed. So lack in boss-killing which was one of his drawbacks is no more.

Mass-killing: since double-wield is taken for boss killing he can also use two Nlovae-staves with extended combat art range. Add the ca-range boosting sigil set and he is able to get nearly the whole screen into the black-hole effect. And more enemies affected is more damage done, so it is a double-win.

Haven't played an inquisitor in the CM-patch yet, but he should be last I think. Add that I like his character class quest most.

Dieses Lied ist für einen guten Kumpel der seinen letzten Kampf gegen seine Krankheit verloren hat:
Über den Wolken

This song is for a good friend from my aero-club who lost his final battle against cancer.

#43 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,201 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

I did have a lot of fun playing Inquisitor, but I found him kind of squishy in HC, or maybe I didnt play enuff with him?  Dryad is maybe squishy too, but that instant travel speed with the blow pipe made it worth the difference.

:)

gogo

#44 chattius

chattius

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• 3,978 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

Well - Inquisitor

AddOn and staff lore = hitting everything in a 180 degree angle instantly, given that you can hit a target in melee range

If not playing free games:

Collect immortal companions so they get a share of your damage

Bosses

The CM-patch brought fist weapons which can have the x% life leech modifier

I do really hard to compare a 2008 Inquisitor to a 2014 one with Ice and Blood and the CM-patch.

Dieses Lied ist für einen guten Kumpel der seinen letzten Kampf gegen seine Krankheit verloren hat:
Über den Wolken

This song is for a good friend from my aero-club who lost his final battle against cancer.

#45 Ysne58

Ysne58

Mister Einsteinium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

Inquisitor is my least favorite character.  Favorite, so far is a tie between staff wielding seraph and dual wielding SW.

#46 steinerrr

steinerrr

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:03 PM

Try BFG Seraph hehe.

500k crit insta-gibs +100k energy shiled with insane resists and block on level 190.

#47 MortalKombat

MortalKombat

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

Try BFG Seraph hehe.

500k crit insta-gibs +100k energy shiled with insane resists and block on level 190.

And dont forget 100% damage mitigation from all sources (almost total invinciblity), which Seraphim can get....

Yeah, Seraphim is OP.

Edited by MortalKombat, 16 November 2014 - 12:42 PM.

#48 SevPOOTS

SevPOOTS

Radon Master

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:37 PM

seraphim coz she got dem pigtails

sacred-2-permanent-hair-color-mod-seraph

Want to Download? Search "Sacred 2 Permanent Hair color tutorial" in google xD

#49 CapnTucker

CapnTucker

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

The poor Inquisitor just doesn't get any respect. What's not to love about a character with lines like "Die heretic!", or "Death comes for you".. :lol:

#50 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,201 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:50 PM

don't forget the noodle wings from the original Sacred

EPIC

:superman:

gogo

#51 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,201 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:52 PM

The poor Inquisitor just doesn't get any respect. What's not to love about a character with lines like "Die heretic!", or "Death comes for you".. :lol:

I really loved the thought they put into this class.  Have you checked the page for Star Wars in the Wiki to see how much reference was built into him as homage to Darth Sidious

hmmm... did they?

:lol:

gogo

#52 SevPOOTS

SevPOOTS

Radon Master

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:02 AM

EPIC

gogo

Lol those jigglies was the cuties. Too bad it lagged my game like there is no tommorow. Especially in the dryad forest

sacred-2-permanent-hair-color-mod-seraph

Want to Download? Search "Sacred 2 Permanent Hair color tutorial" in google xD

#53 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,201 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:30 PM

EPIC

gogo

Lol those jigglies was the cuties. Too bad it lagged my game like there is no tommorow. Especially in the dryad forest

I remember the first time I saw them... think it was online and someone else was using them...I was floored, never seen anything like it...and they fluttered backwards when you went forward quickly!

:bounce:

gogo

#54 tulshulty

tulshulty

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:37 PM

I was a big fan of the wood elf and vamp in sacred 1 so I have made a dryad and enjoy what I have been able to play of it so far. I wish it have the vamp though.

#55 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,201 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:50 AM

was sold on the Dryad as well, moment I saw the instant travel speed of the blowpipe added with life leech.  Leech in Sacred 2, was just about the best effect for me I'd ever seen.  In fact, the sound that accompanied it was even better when it was first released, and was almost the entire reason I could play the game non stop...just couldn't get enuff of it.  However, with that came a lot of drops in the game, and finally when they patched, they made serious edits and pulled back on a lot of it's sonic effect, to make the game more stable.

crying moment

:cry:

gogo

#56 claudius

claudius

Carbon Necromancer

• Fellowship - Supporting Member
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

My Inquisitor Buff and Bash the Last Hurrah in the guides/builds section was a tank with: high evasion, mitigation, and reflect..  Also remember inquisitor can use soul reever which pretty much completely reduces mobs chance to hurt him.

Available Resources: Low 50s whets smith, No more campaign runners..
Guides: Shadow Warrior - Mr. I get to Platinum fast (or something), and General Claudius (Astral with minions and skeletal fortifications)

#57 chattius

chattius

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• 3,978 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:49 AM

If you play an Inquisitor really evil in the Addon he can kill half the screen with a single staff attack.

Über den Wolken

#58 DeonCruywagen

DeonCruywagen

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Gamertag:DeonC

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

The most powerful character IMHO is the Dragon Mage in Dragon Berserk form. Before I discovered this, I always thought the Shadow Warrior was the best, but in Dragon Berserk form, the DM is top of the pops. For example, one of the toughest bosses (again, IMHO) is Asmarael, the Queen of Spiders. Even my Shadow Warrior had some difficulty against her, but the DM in DB-form cut her down with surprising ease. If you have a DM and have not tried this form, then do! It ROCKS!  :)

Edited by DeonCruywagen, 01 April 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#59 chattius

chattius

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• 3,978 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:06 AM

Without CM-patch berzerkform is far less powerful. But with CM-patch you can kill bosses at lower difficulties very easily. And no fear that you get debuffed at the white griffon. In berzerkform you have no buffs which could be debuffed ;)

Über den Wolken

#60 Bezlonir

Bezlonir

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:29 AM

I'm playing a ranged Shadow Warrior around level 56 right now, and it's probably my most favorite character because he gives you so much that you can do to react to situations and be powerful, so many interesting moves, and the lack of bad weaknesses means I can relax and just enjoy playing. He's got offense and defense boosts, great buffs, a jump, generous adaptability in the builds, fun weapon damage CA mods, various ways to get Area of Effect and big single target damage. That said, most of his uniqueness seems to be locked in Astral Lord, which I haven't been able to use.

My second favorite character, and my previous favorite, is the Dryad. The two things I don't like about the Dryad is the terrible vulnerability to fire and the lack of a good offensive boost for a ranged Capricious dryad. I feel very good playing a Dryad, but if I step away from the controller on PS3, she could die to a fire mob, despite being virtually immortal elsewhere.

I want to love the Temple Guardian because there are so many neat CAs, but you almost can't use some of them, and most of them are almost useless at a low level. That said, I did recently discover how powerful a low level Source Warden is against Kobolds. I'm in the process of tinkering with a ranged TG using a one handed blaster. Early signs are that it's going to be good.

I think my least favorite character, minding I haven't played Dragon Mage, is the High Elf. She's fun to play, but I feel like too many of her CAs feel redundant, like having two AoEs in Arrant Pyromancer. When you're trying to make a Magic Coup build, it's really disappointing that almost none of the offensive spells have debuffing bonus choices. You have to choose a tree for a defensive buff because you have almost no defensive skills, but I think Incendiary Shower and Cascading Shroud are the only CAs there that have any use for a melee high elf. One of the things I enjoy is planning out builds, and every time I try to make a magic coup build, I feel like my hands are tied.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users