Best Overall Character In Sacred 2?

Which is the best overall character?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best over all character in Sacred 2, in your opinion?

• Seraphim
    • Dryad
    • High Elf
    • Shadow Warrior
    • Temple Guardian
    • Inquisitor
    • Dragon Mage
  2. 2. Which is the most POWERFUL character?

• Seraphim
    • Dryad
    • High Elf
    • Shadow Warrior
    • Temple Guardian
    • Inquisitor
    • Dragon Mage

• 1 month later...

The best is based off of opinion.

The sickest time I have ever seen is olocat's DW Dryad Build.

here: Duel Leech Dryad

The master compilation melts the games elite at just under 1 minute & 57 seconds. 7 game elite in all. That is 16-17 seconds per boss on average.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 12% LL.

Insane!

I remain, Etherian

• 6 months later...

I think the Sacred 2 seraphim' was awesome. A massive improvement on the original S1 version..........IMHO.

Alas... this was one of my first real dissapointments with the game... Combat Arts. I was waiting for years for a powerful reboot of the Seraphim's Celestial Light, and what we got in Sacred 2 for this seemed to be nothing better than a flat, lined effect.

In fact, most of the Combat Arts from Sacred 2 were a bit flat... does anyone miss the Battle Mage's Fireball too?

It's rapid-fire, gunning effect, gooooooooooone

:)

gogo

Watching this makes me want to install Sacred...again!

I liked the Battle Mage's ring of fire...the visuals and the sound were great.

• Like! 1
  • 11 months later...

Exactly re the Celestial Light!!

I didn't expect anything so flat too. Was a big dissapointment for me first time I fired it off, but later on I understood group play, and guess they had to make concessions with how much could glitter all at once from everyone... though playing with those dark elves with a load of effects going off at once is still pretty memorable.

So arcadey and wonderfully social!

:)

gogo

After the number of games I've played and having gone through every class, I still don't have a clear winner for either poll. At the moment, I'm grinding it out with a pyro and ice elf respectively, and working to toughen up my temple guardians here and there, so still got some work to do.

Now this is a pretty difficult question (getting back on topic)...

The thing is, they're all pretty awesome once you get them up and running. The trick, I think is to find their special super power and make use of it.

The Seraphim, for instance, is best dual wielding - she's like Ancaria's answer to the Veg-O-Matic.

The Shadow Warrior is great at stealth, sneaking up on baddies and bashing them upside the head with his 2 handed hammers/axes.

The Dryad is pretty incredible with Darting Assualt and a good blowgun.

The High Elf is great at spamming waves of fire or ice.

The Inquisitor is good at using the Force - Clustering Maelstrom + Levin Array - GREAT mob killer.

The Temple Guardian is great at one shot kills with Dedicated Blow

The Dragon Mage is great at clearing the screen with Energy Blaze.

• 2 weeks later...

hmm... interesting question, but a little information is missing.

As Sacred "also" offers multi player, is this meant for PvE or PvP?

Nearest guess would be PvE, but I like to nit-pick...^^

The thing is, they're all pretty awesome once you get them up and running. The trick, I think is to find their special super power and make use of it.

That's an important point. "once you get them up and running"... which probably isn't level 25 or so.

Reasons why I chose seraphim for both options are:

Bfg rocks from the beginning to the end. If the 3 buff built is chosen (Battle Stance, Bfg, Warding Energy), and if they're halfway properly skilled, they can be played mouse-only. Which hurts "fun to play". If the 2 buff built reliant on Divine Protection/Dashing Alacrity combo is used, then it's a bit more interesting. Not by much though, since recasting isn't that complicated.

The reason why I prefered seraphim over elf on the power scale was the elemental damage focus the elf needs to have in order to match (sometimes surpass) the seraphim. If (again) the enhancement mods for the Bfg were chosen, one mostly deals physical, working on all bosses. Crowds will not go down as quickly as with the elf, but the seraphim compensates with Pelting Strikes/Soul Hammer combo, one-hitting 3 opponents in close combat, which also reduces crowds to nothing very fast.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll give you that - but in reality - the Seraphim is MUCH better with dual wield and a couple of good, sharp blades/axes/clubs. Add in Pelting strikes and most mobs are reduced to nothing in very short order.

Pelting Strikes with BeeEffGee is ok - 2 shots max though per use. Pelting Strikes with dual wield and good blades = 6 hits per use - especially when modded correctly with double strike. This will take mobs that are equal to your level down in very short order. Champions 1 - 2 hits, regulars 1 hit.

But then you've got the Dryad.. Her blow pipes with Darting Assault, and LL of any kind is AWESOME to watch as anything hostile becomes dead in 1 - 2 shots. Ravaged Impact works good on champs or bosses.

Or the Shadow Warrior - His forte is Stealth.. Add in a big ol honkin' 2 handed axe and he's unstoppable. OK.. It's kind of boring after a while, but it gets the job done... Scything Sweep + Shadow Veil (buff) = 5 - 6 dead mobs in 1 click.

Or the High Elf - Blazing Tempest spammed = crispy enemy critters...

Or the Dragon Mage - Correctly modded for max Area of Effect, and Energy Blaze can clear an entire screen in short order.

Or the Temple Guardian - Dedicated Blow knocks enemies into next Tuesday.

Or the Inquisitor - BEST combo in the game - Clustering Malestrom followed by Levin Array - Anything that survives getting sucked in gets fried.

So as I said, they're all fairly awesome...

• Like! 1

My daughter considers the ice elf as the most powerful in the CM-patch:

temporary invisibility

Boss killing CA

and since the ice elf uses faladal set which has +CA range a nearly full screen ice storm is possible at high levels

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey why does this thread pop up every week or so as newly updated when the last post is August 27th? Is it designed that way somehow? Or just a random forum bug?

• Like! 1

Hey why does this thread pop up every week or so as newly updated when the last post is August 27th? Is it designed that way somehow? Or just a random forum bug?

Could it be that someone votes, but doesn't make a comment? Here is a note of what the pole is now and so we can compare it to when it next pops up. Right now (24 october 2013) its:

Which is the best over all character in Sacred 2, in your opinion?
  1. Seraphim (20 votes [35.71%])
  2. Dryad (9 votes [16.07%])
  3. High Elf (2 votes [3.57%])
  4. Shadow Warrior (12 votes [21.43%])
  5. Temple Guardian (8 votes [14.29%])
  6. Inquisitor (2 votes [3.57%])
  7. Dragon Mage (3 votes [5.36%])

Which is the most POWERFUL character?
  1. Seraphim (22 votes [39.29%])
  2. Dryad (9 votes [16.07%])
  3. High Elf (8 votes [14.29%])
  4. Shadow Warrior (9 votes [16.07%])
  5. Temple Guardian (4 votes [7.14%])
  6. Inquisitor (1 votes [1.79%])
  7. Dragon Mage (3 votes [5.36%])
  • Like! 1

Could it be that someone votes, but doesn't make a comment?

That's probably exactly what it is, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I really wonder why the Inquisitor is last. At least in the CM-Patch he can doublewield x% lifeleech fist weapons and can attack with an amazing 170% attack speed. So lack in boss-killing which was one of his drawbacks is no more.

Mass-killing: since double-wield is taken for boss killing he can also use two Nlovae-staves with extended combat art range. Add the ca-range boosting sigil set and he is able to get nearly the whole screen into the black-hole effect. And more enemies affected is more damage done, so it is a double-win.

Haven't played an inquisitor in the CM-patch yet, but he should be last I think. Add that I like his character class quest most.

Well - Inquisitor

AddOn and staff lore = hitting everything in a 180 degree angle instantly, given that you can hit a target in melee range

If not playing free games:

Collect immortal companions so they get a share of your damage

Bosses

The CM-patch brought fist weapons which can have the x% life leech modifier

I do really hard to compare a 2008 Inquisitor to a 2014 one with Ice and Blood and the CM-patch.

• Like! 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Try BFG Seraph hehe.

500k crit insta-gibs +100k energy shiled with insane resists and block on level 190.

And dont forget 100% damage mitigation from all sources (almost total invinciblity), which Seraphim can get....

Yeah, Seraphim is OP.

Edited by MortalKombat
  • Like! 1
  • 2 months later...