What's the fastest way to level a Shadow Warrior?

Well, just what the topic says, what is the fastest way to level a shadow warrior:) Regardless of playstyle, I'm looking for what build to use and what leveling strategy result in gaining levels the absolute fastest as a shadow warrior, keeping in mind that he should still be viable in niobium. I've tried out most of the builds on here they have varying killing speeds which is also dependant on level. So, do I want to go shadow veil or do I want melee? I don't care, whichever levels faster is what I'm looking for. I checked out the 'Mr. I unlock platinum fast' build and his killing speed seems very slow......took me much much longer to get to level 20 than it did with my melee SW. So basically I'd like to hear from someone that's tried quite a few SW builds and get info on how to make him level the fastest way possible. What should the build be? What area should he train in depending on his level? Do I kill groups with him or is farming the guardians faster? Basically the play style is of no consequence, I just want his levels to soar.

I started messing around with a melee build using Astral lord skill tree.Using rallied souls and the NA buff,run around bring everything back after you kill it.Keep to areas with lots of enemies and before you know it you can have a small army helping you kill enemies and thus gaining xp faster.I went from 1-50 in about 4 1/2 hours,it works the same with the Inquisitor. using inexorable subjugation,you just have to keep regen times low for it to work.The only downside is it can cause the game to slow down when there is a large amount resurrected enemies running around.

maybe I just don't level in the right area or something. I tried the completely astral lord build and after 4 1/2 hours was at level 24. The minions kill so slowly that it takes forever for me. My mellee SW kills faster, but I was hoping for some strategy to gain levels the fastest. I saw on a post someone said they farm guardians. Is that viable for a melee only SW? I've only fought guardians once on my Seraphim while in a party, they seemed weak but I don't know all their strengths. So for your melee/astral lord hybrid which melee aspect are you using, death warrior or malevolent champion? Where specifically did you train to get to 50 in 4 1/2hours? Oh btw, I don't have a niob character for smithing and my bargainer is level 25 so he won't help until that level.

Hello, Slick88gt...

I would think that the orc cave could be potentially the "fastest". It would be a build that uses all 3 aspects: Shadow Veil will give you all the "defence" you need... leaving a lot of skill choices and gear/socketing for all-out offence (or experience per kill, etc). I think a 2H hafted weapon and using Frenzied Rampage will be fastest, but Dual-Weilding may be faster, depending on availability of unique weapons and hard-damage rings. Finally, the Death Warrior aspect can provide attack rating via Rousing Command or some extra run speed from Ruinious Onslaught.

Some strategy is involved when you do a "run" - after entering the first time, if any spiders spawn, you will want to let the orcs kill them and then wait for their bodies to turn green and disappear. That way, when you do re-renter the cave, the spiders will not respawn, so the orcs stay where they spawn (middle of the cave) and don't go chasing the arachnids all over hells' half acre (the orc cave ;) If they stay put in the center of the cave, they are all within "range" of Frenzied Rampage; you should be able to have FR at a high enough level (via RpH) to kill all 4 champs in one FR, two at most.

Add in a healthy supply of Mentor Potions, and watch the levels fly by!

maybe I just don't level in the right area or something. I tried the completely astral lord build and after 4 1/2 hours was at level 24. The minions kill so slowly that it takes forever for me. My mellee SW kills faster, but I was hoping for some strategy to gain levels the fastest. I saw on a post someone said they farm guardians. Is that viable for a melee only SW? I've only fought guardians once on my Seraphim while in a party, they seemed weak but I don't know all their strengths. So for your melee/astral lord hybrid which melee aspect are you using, death warrior or malevolent champion? Where specifically did you train to get to 50 in 4 1/2hours? Oh btw, I don't have a niob character for smithing and my bargainer is level 25 so he won't help until that level.

I use Death Warrior and astral lord,demonic blow with vehemence is picked for the area effect and a two handed sword for more damage.All atr. points went to strength and as long as you have a rallied souls,NA,demonic blow rune,some good starting armor and a two handed sword your good to go.After level 12 I hit the swamp and make my way to the southern half and as enemies die use rallied souls on them.Sooner or later enemies drop so fast and keep coming back form using rallied souls that they run around killing stuff before you even get to them and the xp just rolls in.It does take some time at first and yes it does help if you have everything to start with,but its still fun and it will level you up.

Both very interesting ideas. I already have a melee SW using death warrior and malevolent champion. He can take some heavy hits and I've done a lot of orc cave runs with him, but it just seems like there should be a faster way. At mid to high 20s he has to do like 30 orc cave runs just for 1 level....seems like that wouldn't be so fast but I could definately be wrong! I'll have to do some time trials or something. How long does it take you guys to do a guardian run and what element damage/resist should I use? Capt.Smack I got my shadow veil warrior to lvl25 and it was grueling to just sit there and watch my minions and towers do the killing, plus it's so very hard to kite mobs when I'm invisible and they don't chase me. I really like your idea of just using the minion part of astral lord and jumping in there and helping them kill stuff. So with that build you like using demonic blow over frenzied rampage? How did you mod rallied souls and NA? I dunno if more damage from NA is better or if 2 extra skeletons are better. So do you plan on using reflective emanation at level 75 along with your other 2 buffs? If not do you plan on taking combat reflexes? I like the sound of that build, I'm going to make one of those and see how he does compared to doing orc cave runs with my melee SW. I'll have to get your build idea up to his mid 20s before I can actually see which one levels faster as my melee is already in his mid 20s. One more thing, when you hit swamp at level 12 are you in silver mode? I like the ideas guys, thank you! Anyone else have another take on what they think would be faster:)

Both very interesting ideas. I already have a melee SW using death warrior and malevolent champion. He can take some heavy hits and I've done a lot of orc cave runs with him, but it just seems like there should be a faster way. At mid to high 20s he has to do like 30 orc cave runs just for 1 level....seems like that wouldn't be so fast but I could definately be wrong! I'll have to do some time trials or something. How long does it take you guys to do a guardian run and what element damage/resist should I use? Capt.Smack I got my shadow veil warrior to lvl25 and it was grueling to just sit there and watch my minions and towers do the killing, plus it's so very hard to kite mobs when I'm invisible and they don't chase me. I really like your idea of just using the minion part of astral lord and jumping in there and helping them kill stuff. So with that build you like using demonic blow over frenzied rampage? How did you mod rallied souls and NA? I dunno if more damage from NA is better or if 2 extra skeletons are better. So do you plan on using reflective emanation at level 75 along with your other 2 buffs? If not do you plan on taking combat reflexes? I like the sound of that build, I'm going to make one of those and see how he does compared to doing orc cave runs with my melee SW. I'll have to get your build idea up to his mid 20s before I can actually see which one levels faster as my melee is already in his mid 20s. One more thing, when you hit swamp at level 12 are you in silver mode? I like the ideas guys, thank you! Anyone else have another take on what they think would be faster:)

Demonic blow attacks faster than frenzied rampage with a 2handed sword,its just something different than running duel wield and it looks more fitting for a SW.Rallied souls-armament,demand,furor,and NA-sharp blades,spectral shield,elite equipment.The RE buff I can use after level 75 but I dont bother with it since I have more than enough hp and armor at the current level I am at(87)and use combat reflexes.Yes its on silver,I wanted a challenge.After using rallied souls I just move on to the next monster(s)and leave them to do what ever they want.Last night I tried to see if all the kobolds around the kobold chieftain could kill him;it was too funny to see all those kobolds die again.Btw dont bother with shadow veil,it makes the game very boring.

I give credit to my nephew,he thought it was funny to see a monster die,come back to life, then blow up.

So I just discovered a few things that I'm sure all of you Sacred 2 veterans already know. I just realized how awesome the '-% chance for enemy to evade' bonus is. I realized that my level 33 melee SW only had a 65% chance to hit the White Griffon on silver difficulty. I also just realized that he had 12 free sockets in his gear. I also realized that the White Griffon has no poison or fire resistance. I socketed about '-40% chance for enemy to evade', '0.9s RpH', 'oponent level for deathblow +40%', and a few other things as well. Plus I put a 38% conversion to poison damage on my 2 handed axe. Killed that stupid Griffon in like 25 seconds! My chance to hit him is now 103%, just from filling out my sockets and only using a level 25 bargainer (he is in gold difficulty). Is it useful at all to use sockets on the '% to resist stun affects':) I hate getting stunned by bosses but I'm not sure how many sockets I'd need to use up to make a noticable difference. Plus I now realize how important a bargainer is just to get decent jewels to socket...kinda bums me out because now I'll have to level another bargainer up to like 50 or so.

So I just discovered a few things that I'm sure all of you Sacred 2 veterans already know. I just realized how awesome the '-% chance for enemy to evade' bonus is. I realized that my level 33 melee SW only had a 65% chance to hit the White Griffon on silver difficulty. I also just realized that he had 12 free sockets in his gear. I also realized that the White Griffon has no poison or fire resistance. I socketed about '-40% chance for enemy to evade', '0.9s RpH', 'oponent level for deathblow +40%', and a few other things as well. Plus I put a 38% conversion to poison damage on my 2 handed axe. Killed that stupid Griffon in like 25 seconds! My chance to hit him is now 103%, just from filling out my sockets and only using a level 25 bargainer (he is in gold difficulty). Is it useful at all to use sockets on the '% to resist stun affects':) I hate getting stunned by bosses but I'm not sure how many sockets I'd need to use up to make a noticable difference. Plus I now realize how important a bargainer is just to get decent jewels to socket...kinda bums me out because now I'll have to level another bargainer up to like 50 or so.

An angelic choir rings upon high

Laaaaaa, ahhhhhhh haaaaaaa!

Probably the best feeling in the world, IMO, is when you finally figure out some of the tricksy things in this game. Next thing I suggest you to check out will probably be the "hard damage" rings. The ones that have "damage XX-XX", sometimes (preferably) with another useful modifier. Almost nothing better for increasing your damage for a melee toon ;) Maybe wait until you have your level 50 shopper in place.

Uhm... resist stun is a mod in Sacred 1... don't remember an anti-stun in FA. :Just_Cuz_21:

OHWAIT edit: Reflect and Block: Stun. They are not very useful, unless you are farming a particular boss over and over that stuns alot.

At any rate, it's good to hear you are pwning that pesky "miniboss"... he's definitely one of the tougher ones around, mostly due to his "debuff" combat art.