Closing on joining MP games

This problem just suddenly started with no changes to my system and only Camere/Key binding setting changed in sacred 2(+Expansion latest Official patch) its worked fine for a long time and I've played sacred 2 plenty(I only play on closed).

The problem is when joining a closed server MP game it just quits to desktop,I can join the lobbies fine.I've tested single player and made a Lan game and had no issues I'm tempted to think its a connection issue to the server as I did have also had firewall warning come up at log in but which went away if I reset modem(but it is also something new not experienced before).

Im on Windows XP.

Edit:

Just tried something else.It seems it only occurs when joining an empty server,I was able to join games where there were already players in.

Edited by kavlor

Mine is being all funky too. I have windows 7 64bit and am using current patch with ice and blood. Just got the game a few weeks ago and had no problems other than a few random crashes. In trying to fix the random crashes (sometimes when opening map, sometimes at login, sometimes while game is first starting up) I edited my sacred.exe shortcut to be set for administrator as was suggested in some other poasts I read. Well that made things worse and so I reverted it back to the way I had it but now it crashes about 75% of the time when I try to join a multiplayer server on closed net. I only play closed net so I could care less if the single player mode works or not. Anyone have a clue what to do or how to fix this? All of the "fixes" I read are from over a year ago and they don't seem to work for me.