Running 2 copies

In Diablo 2 you could run 2 copies on the same computer even on the same user.So what is possible where Sacred 2 is concerned,I assume you need 2 copies of each Sacred 2 and the expansion keys.

I'm really only doing it for self rushing as I found a cheap copy of the expansion but also the base game is going cheap currently on Gamersgate.

It is possible to run 2 copies at once. If you have a pc with multiple cores then adding the -nocpubinding tag to the target in your shortcut can perhaps help out with balancing the load better across cores.

It is possible to run 2 copies at once. If you have a pc with multiple cores then adding the -nocpubinding tag to the target in your shortcut can perhaps help out with balancing the load better across cores.

More interested in how it works with licenses etc for instance would you need 2 separate installation.I use to just have a config file for each set in Sacred 1 which contained the license code.

2 licenses would be needed for online closed/open MP as you need two accounts to log on. However, Lan doesn't, but playing with characters via two instances on lan can cause issues with overwriting as they both load from and write to the same save files.

Running two concurrent instances of the same licensed copy should be OK (it now crashes for me but it used to work). If you want to install two different licensed copies, I am not so sure. I remember one of the guys on the wiki team wanted to have two versions installed, but I think he gave up on getting it to work.