Random FPS drop

hello,

I'm having random fps drop sometime (often). when not moving, I have approximately 80 fps and 60 fps , but every 10 secondes my fps drop, getting from 60 fps to 10-20. It's really annoying. Everytime I open the game I activate "gamebooster" wich closes useless programs that take ram.

When I talk to a NPC (quest, merchant, runemaster) the game often freeze for 1 seconde then zoom in.

putting everything to low doesn't change anything

oh and the game often crash when I open the map. Why?

I have:

Vista 32bits

Radeon HD 5770 (temperature around 55 celcius while playing)

4 gig ram

Intel core quad CPU Q8200 2.34 GHZ

Edited by Ginnosaji

Sorry explain what you said above in more detail.

Erm, which map do you open, the 'tab' map or the big world map, and what happens exactly when it crashes?

the big world map.

what happen is that I hear the "fire" sound of the map opening , but it doesn't show up and I can't do anything. I still hear the sound of the game though. But nothing is moving on the screen and the only thing I can do is move the mouse. I tried closing the map by pressing M but it doesn't work.

also

sometime I press M and I only see a few parts of the map, and I see the game going on behind. I can still close it and continue playing, but most of the time, next time I open the map it does what I said before

It could just be a vista incompatibility issue, but the crash on map is to do with poor memory management I think. Its one that a few of us have had before. What settings/screen res do you play it at?

I play with medium settings, 1680*1050 res. But lowering everything doesn't really change anything.

I didn't have this problem before. It showed up like 1 week ago. I didn't change anything in my computer, and I don't have virus

Do you know how to resolve the incompatibility problem?

well now I can't change the settings, it makes the game crash -_- I guess I should try a clean install, but my friend has my CDs...

I managed to lower some settings by changing things in options.txt

I lowered the res to 1600*900, I'll see if this resolve some problems (I doubt it will)

well now I can't change the settings, it makes the game crash -_- I guess I should try a clean install, but my friend has my CDs...

I have had the same problem appear of late. Fortunately game play in general is not affected.

Sometimes I've experienced the game frozen problem. Where the game is still moving, the music is BUT the screen is frozen.

But my computer has much less specs than yours, your game should be running smoothly, I don't think it's compatibility problems?

Tell me the exact version your on?

Did you buy Sacred 2 Fallen Angel, then Ice and Blood Expansion pack individually? Then patched them?

Or did you buy the already patched Sacred 2 Gold?

You bought American Fallen Angel? Then Ice and Blood with the registry edit trick?

Re-install your patches and make sure they're active!

Tell me the exact version your on?

Did you buy Sacred 2 Fallen Angel, then Ice and Blood Expansion pack individually? Then patched them?

Or did you buy the already patched Sacred 2 Gold?

You bought American Fallen Angel? Then Ice and Blood with the registry edit trick?

Re-install your patches and make sure they're active!

I have american fallen angel with Ice and Blood reg edited

I have every patchs installed, but how do I reinstall them? when I run a patch installation it says "your game is already patched to this version(2.65.2)" or something

Most likely it is something to do with the Fallen Angel past glitches. Before the patches maps used to crash. And it could... COULD be something to do with that as you've got American Fallen Angel, while editing the registry. But still, very unusual.

Whenever you've opened the map, does it always crash?

When did this start, and what after? Try to remember what events exactly happened to your PC the first time it happened

Most likely it is something to do with the Fallen Angel past glitches. Before the patches maps used to crash. And it could... COULD be something to do with that as you've got American Fallen Angel, while editing the registry. But still, very unusual.

Whenever you've opened the map, does it always crash?

no, only like once or twice a day, but it's still annoying when you just killed a tough boss and you wnat to teleport and boom crash, try again

When did this start, and what after? Try to remember what events exactly happened to your PC the first time it happened

I installed Advanced system care and gamebooster.

Now that I think about it, I didn't activate the "turbo mode" of Advanced system care today and nothing strange happened so far.

Edited by Ginnosaji