What level for bosses?

So I just started playing Sacred 2 on xbox. My question is what is if there is a general rule for charcter level to reach before attempting boss fights. I have a level 22 Temple Guardian and I went to kill the Chieftan. I ended up killing him, but it took FOREVER. I know this fight is a long one no matter what...but I literally fought for 45 minutes non stop before he went down. I'm thinking I just need to focus on leveling up before attempting any more. Any general guidelines for this?

First and foremost edit: Welcome to Dark Matters, Hanzotori24! :sweating:

So I just started playing Sacred 2 on xbox. My question is what is if there is a general rule for charcter level to reach before attempting boss fights. I have a level 22 Temple Guardian and I went to kill the Chieftan. I ended up killing him, but it took FOREVER. I know this fight is a long one no matter what...but I literally fought for 45 minutes non stop before he went down. I'm thinking I just need to focus on leveling up before attempting any more. Any general guidelines for this?

Not really... no. If you have some uber gear stashed some builds can take down the Kobold Chief at level 10(or earlier!)

But, as a first try, I think you did pretty good; you killed him! Most peeps run from that guy the first time around when they realize how fast he heals :)

First and foremost edit: Welcome to Dark Matters, Hanzotori24! :sweating:

Not really... no. If you have some uber gear stashed some builds can take down the Kobold Chief at level 10(or earlier!)

But, as a first try, I think you did pretty good; you killed him! Most peeps run from that guy the first time around when they realize how fast he heals :)

Well I did run away the first time yelling Holy Hannah!. So I researched and saw it is just a long fight no matter what. So I loaded up on potions and went back for the kill. I'm learning.....about halfway through the fight I figured out what CAs to use exclusively and to ignore the others. Fight probably would have taken half the time if I had just done that from the start. I don't really ahve any uber gear yet...as this is my highest level character.

My Dragon Mage took him out with a certain build extremely quick.

Whereas with another, it took forever, and I ran, so it probably would've taken 45 minutes of even longer!

I'd recommend building your character up and getting to hands with the game more, because that was just a mini-boss, the big bosses you'll face later are much much more difficult.

The Kobold Chieftan is one of the harder bosses to kill, and I normally avoid him because he is not worth the effort. The easiest time I had was at level 5, a SW and TG in coop.

Not only the Forest Guardian for me but the Tree Spirit in the higher levels; damn thing keeps healing itself.

As for the boss levels; I think your character needs have a spell for protecting yourself and an attack that can stun them. Early in the game, I notice the bosses and mini-bosses have the upper hand as your life is low and attacks are low.

As a temple guardian, the second arm can really help in close up fighting. Also, the beam attack seems to work well.

When I am starting character first quest I do is Gahanka quest. Its at 3-4 level when I am killing him. Never had any problem. Key to beat him? When he is throwing rock at you, run away. Also don't use fire damage (if you have other kind of damage usable), because he has high fire resistance. For me worst mini bosses are Asmarael (she's even worse then main bosses), Banshee and damn Undead Prince on swamp. Rest I had no problem with.