Local network Sacred Underworld

oOfilthOo

Hi,

I have a problem on sacred uw 2.28.

I finished the campain and I want to play in local network alone.

So, I start gameserver : server setting lan mode

I start sacred, and I go in local network.

I select my char, I run the game.

window Testing port appear : ok

Then, a window "start and running" appear, but the game doesn't start. I stay on this winodow.

Whant can I do to create the game without problem ?

Thanks a lot for helping,

Sorry for errors, my english is not good ... :/

Hi,

I have a problem on sacred uw 2.28.

I finished the campain and I want to play in local network alone.

So, I start gameserver : server setting lan mode

I start sacred, and I go in local network.

I select my char, I run the game.

window Testing port appear : ok

Then, a window "start and running" appear, but the game doesn't start. I stay on this winodow.

Whant can I do to create the game without problem ?

Thanks a lot for helping,

Sorry for errors, my english is not good ... :/

Welcome to the boards, oOfilthOo!

I had the same issue until just recently. I do not have any internet connection, but I can only now play LAN game because I recently bought a router and set up a "home network". Before I set up the network, nothing I could find anywhere in the internet could answer my question. :twitch: Spent a good couple of months trying various things but nothing worked until I got the router.

Hope that helps!

Hi, thx for the helping :)

I create a homenetwork, but I have always the problem :/

I use ethernet, you too ? or you use wifi ?

I have the ethernet hooked up from the router to PC... I was having issues getting the network installed without that cord plugged in, so in it has stayed.

I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to this stuff, so I'm not too experienced with exaclty how/why it works, but I am happy that it did... just for the LAN "sharing" of items with other toons.

The only thing that pops into my head immediately is if you have the options for MODEM or ISDN chosen... you should be on MODEM, AFAIK... there are some issues if you have the high-speed option activated.

How desactivated high speed option ? I never hear that, I am very bad in computers ...

From the Sacred main menu, choose Options. The "speed" choice is in the lower right corner of the screen.

Although, if you don't know about that, I think it should already be on the MODEM option... 8(

Good Luck!

I tried, no result. I tried with hamachi ... same ... I tried with the wifi ... with an hotspot ...

it's despairing

thanks a lot for your helping essjayehm

Sorry I couldn't help you out more, Fred. But it won't stop me from trying! :agreed:

There is a discussion topic here for the various Windows upgrades... hopefully you can find a breadcrumb or 2 to follow to help you with your issue. Other than that, there is the Sacred International Forums... if you haven't been to that site, there is more troubleshooting tips for the original game there than there is here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello to everybody, or good evening (here it is 23:15) I had severe problems like being unable to see my own game (set up dedicated game server on the same PC, then try to start game, enter multyplayer and voila - no games...) let alone for other games on other PC, on local or outside network... then I realized that the problem is (again) in win7 and the way it is accessing the files.

In short you need:

First compatibility options as follows:

1. Administrator

2. Win XP Compatibility

(Right click on executable file or shortcut and go properties then go compatibility tab then click those, then go OK, I do at least admin for all my games)

Second:

You must go in your sacred game folder - for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred Underworld

this is the root folder of the game, now find the "Settings.cfg" file and open it - with wordpad or notepad or whatever, now find inside it the row that says NETWORK_IP_ADDRESS : 0.0.0.0 (it is below your cd key and 2 other rows and looks like:

NETWORK_CDKEY : cd key one can be found here
NETWORK_CDKEY2 : cd key two can be found here
NETWORK_CDKEY_HIDE : 1
NETWORK_CHARACTER : 7
NETWORK_IP_ADDRESS : 0.0.0.0
) and change it to the ip address of your network that you want to play - your tunngle address or your LAN Network address - remember that in this way you will detect games only in the respectively selected network. So if you want later to play on tunngle instead of just LAN, you have to come here and change the address to your tunngle address. This also solved for me the issue when I create server from the game (not dedicated) and it freezes at the message "Server is up and running" - looks like the game actually cannot change the network address value in the config file... but never mind - I had it tested plenty of times and had not any error. Also had need to change the connection to modem. I am not very good to explain, so if anyone need some additional help - PM me I'll do whatever I can.

I will never stop to play this game. Never will forget it - I find it wonderful :music:

Edited by Prelate Revan