How cool is Temple Guardian?

Seriously. This has to be the coolest class in any RPG ever.

A mix of both brutal melee and long-ranged attacks with a focus on elemental damage... So, so cool. The armor you can get for him, the skills, the ability to use two melee arms and also shoot lasers? Hell, I don't care if it breaks conformity of the traditional swords and sorcery RPG gameplay- Temple Guardian kicks some major ass. I think this character has easily eclipsed Shadow Warrior as my favorite- never could get into any of the other ones.

What do you all think of Temple Guardian? Any particular builds you're fond of? I'm pretty new to mine but I've just been setting him up with some close range combat skills, sword masteries, a tinkling of elemental combat arts here and there. I'm literally wrecking everything in sight- it's almost like he's a little too powerful, heh.

I tried making a Lost Fusion/Devout Guardian hybrid, but failed miserably. The damage was really lacking to the point where I just gave up on it.

It sounds like you're attempting a similar build. If so, I suggest looking into Damage Lore and CA modifications that cause secondary effects. I think that might be the key to unlocking his true potential.

edit: nevermind, I forgot Damage Lore is bugged for consoles

Edited by Incognito

Difficult to build well

Unbelievably powerful at high levels

Crazy Boss Killer

...I never liked him. Never could get over how much he looked like Pinhochio, and how he walked, all knobby kneed and no sense of menace...C3PO anyone? :P

Though, one of the sets does make him look good, Knuckles documented them all here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SacredWiki/151017801580035#!/photo.php?fbid=225188214162993&set=a.225188210829660.76111.151017801580035&type=1&theater

Wish they'd made him scarier looking, with some of the noises more "serious"?

heh, guess this is some of Ascaron's brand of humor stamped all over a class

:)

gogo

I remember that I'd only worked on a gunner build, but didn't like his whole feel. I know there's some really fun stuff out there that can be done with him.

Ping pong build anyone?

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/16456-temple-guardian-ping-pong-build/page__p__6903361#entry6903361

gogo

I like the Temple Guardian, His combat arts are very effective, whether you are fighting a mob or bosses, he can use range weapons, swords and hafted weapons, and I especially like his special mount, The Mobiculum.

one of his combat arts that I especially like, is Jolting touch, modded with, bronze- Life leech, silver- self repair and gold- Flux.

Delta!

Wow, I'm surprised, I expected a warmer reception for the ol' Temple Guardian.

Maybe its just that I haven't played him enough (my current one has just barely reached level 10) but so far I'm having a blast. While the blaster can be a little buggy some times, it is useful, and all of the related skills are amazing. Jolting Touch and Amplifying Discharge are sweet. I also really like his armor. The only thing I don't like about TG is that a few of his skills seem recycled from Shadow Warrior. He pretty much has the equivalent of Belligerent Vault and Demonic Blow.

@Incognito: Wait, glitched? In what way? Does it not provide a bonus or something?

heh, but there's a ton of peeps that love the TG though. It's hugely mechanics intensive, probably would have made me think more than I was wanting to do, specialy with the game just being released at that time and so much work on the Wiki to get up.

Ping Pong build though...I hear you calling^^

gogo

One of my regrets is not playing some of the other characters like TG up to niobium. Never experienced the full ride, so many restarts. I was dissapointed with the lack of customizability of the Temple Guardian and the Dryad. If you didn't take Bark or T-energy shield you basicly had a failed character. This locked you into one aspect as a neccesity which I did not like. Can't say for sure if the DM was like that as I didn't play him much. This problem could have been solved by making the buffs less impact relative to the defensive skills.

Ahhh.. the Temple Guardian. Awesome concept, and well executed by Ascaron, IMO. Tied for my favourite with the Inquisitor, for very similar reasons... They are very tough characters to play without decent to excellent knowledge of the game, mechanics, etc.

The main drawback is that there is not a lot of variation in sucessful TG builds... but who knows maybe someone out there has a Prop Lev build they've taken into Niob... :whistle:

I enjoy the TG, continuous area damage spells, shield, crazy attack power buff (combat alert I believe?), aaaaan spikes, have to love the spikes. And the mobiculum, normally don't use Prop Lev much, but love the mobiculum's animation for that CA :trans: .