What's so good about amplified discharge?

I'm level 27 and I've got it fully modified with ricochet ricochet ice bullets and I've got a +2 to all combat arts sword I'm holding to power it up...

well... it does a third of the damage the sword would on a single swing... and while a third times three would be decent... the ricochets seem to have the worst possible ai and usually just ricochet the wrong direction and hit nothing! the only way to make sure all 3hits land it to fire into a clump of enemies, but in that case wouldn't spears/fiery/icy/furious be a better area effect spell to use?

I came over from playing a darting assault dryad and I thought maybe this spell was similar, since everyone posted how much they loved it because it reminded them of sacred1, but I'm just not seeing it, my damage is quite low with it.... maybe if regen per hit worked with it, I could pump it up some? but I'm pretty sure regen per hit doesn't work with it? (or does it can anyone confirm?)

so far despite all my combart arts and skills it seems I'm best off just using battle aura, and then using left click to melee things normally while my right mouse hover over battle extension (for the double hits)

does temple guardian magic come more into it's own at higher levels? or was amplified discharge the wrong skill to waste my modification points on? (I've also modded jolting touch partway so far too)

I guess if you're looking for pure power... AD is not going to get the job done of some of the other choices a TG has.

But, it is a combat art that can "hold its own" meaning if you concentrate on making it good, it is feasable thru all the difficulties. You might not be bossfarming with it, but mobs should be no problemo. Not all the Combat Arts in the game can say that!

So... to answer the topic question... the best thing about AD... it's fun :)

I'm by no means a veteran with Sacred 2, let alone the Temple Guardian, but with my time playing as one I'd say that the strength of AD lies in its range and effect. It's not the most powerful skill, sure, but you can use it on any enemy that you can see on screen, even if they're really, really far away. So, I think of it as kind of a sniping ability. Where it earns its stripes, though, is how it has a pinball effect that lets you bounce it off other enemies. Combine this with the fact that it has a relatively low regeneration time and you've got a serious combat art on your hands. You fire one off, it hits two others, does ice damage, and hits them from a hundred feet away. Rinse and repeat. It can lay a serious whooping on your opponent. Great as a crowd-clearing device too, because you can pick off 5 or 6 enemies in a group with a blast or two before engaging them directly.

I'm by no means a veteran with Sacred 2, let alone the Temple Guardian, but with my time playing as one I'd say that the strength of AD lies in its range and effect. It's not the most powerful skill, sure, but you can use it on any enemy that you can see on screen, even if they're really, really far away. So, I think of it as kind of a sniping ability. Where it earns its stripes, though, is how it has a pinball effect that lets you bounce it off other enemies. Combine this with the fact that it has a relatively low regeneration time and you've got a serious combat art on your hands. You fire one off, it hits two others, does ice damage, and hits them from a hundred feet away. Rinse and repeat. It can lay a serious whooping on your opponent. Great as a crowd-clearing device too, because you can pick off 5 or 6 enemies in a group with a blast or two before engaging them directly.

my problem with it now is that'd take me like 5shots with it to kill 1enemy :-/ I guess I should be boosting intelligence instead of stamina?

Spells develope slower than weapon attacks but have more damage boosting skills so at a time in playing they are equal or even reversed.

In console/I+B you can recharge spells with weapon hits and the regeneration per hit modifier on items. Also items which have a chance to halve reg-times will have better and better percentgual values. So from 15 items for 100% chance to halve yoz will later only need 5-6 items. So a caster can be optimized a lot with specially chosen equipment.

• 5 months later...

Amplified Discharge works pretty well for me.

I started a build I'll prolly post when he gets higher levels, to make sure the build will hold like I anticipate.

AD does wonnerful stuff when it's modded for four shots:

Not very high level yet, but on the wheel the regen is down to 1.2 (could be lower if I wanted, but not necessary), 0.9 on foot

I shoot my AD at say two orcs.

The AD hits the first, ricochets off the second, and then about a third of the time or better hits somebody off screen and aggros them toward me

I hit the same orc again, maybe a third time, to take him down

By that time the orc off screen I popped that I didn't even see shows up wondering 'who threw that ping pong ball that popped me in the head?'

I hit the new guy that showed up, and AD finds another unsuspecting victim. On it's own, it brings peops to me, and I think that's a coolio thing =0)

Often times I kill peops before I see em

Current strategies also include going into or gathering mobs and firing at the champ of the group.

I hafta hit the champ like ten times (if I'm only using AD), but that's okay. Ricochets are knocking down the rest of em, sometimes three with one shot

Then I clean up with beam or a jolt if takes too long to take him out

Ping Pongs can be pretty good at taking stuff down, at least so far in my build.

It's the first all magic build, let alone LF I ever tried, so dunno how it's gonna be into Niob, but I'll give a full report when I get there

Meh, LF is quite powerful on its own, JK... should be no issues... get JT modded correctly for bossfights and just shock them with the 'easy button'. :)

Happy Hunting!

• 5 years later...

This is an old thread but Id like to give my input.

I socketted my current lost fusion build full of amplified discharge runes and had it at level 15 at character level 25. The cooldown was still a bit high at 3.2s without buffs with maxed LF lore, all attribute points in Stamina so far and just 1 point in concentration, and also some stamina and reduced regen gear, also along with 1 point in concentration and ancient magic.

It is still 1 shotting all mobs in the early 30s, and 2 shotting champs, levelling is also much faster with this compared to my usual approach of socketing all slots XP rings for mobs, and an all skills set for bosses.

Also JT is still such an easy god mode button for bosses which is the main strength of lost fusion, and I'll want to make a second suit socketted with JT for farming bosses in LAN games.

• Like! 1