Dual Wield and Life Leech
Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:38 PM
1. I hear there are two different types of life leech. Is that true? If so, what is the difference? Maybe I'm confused here and it has to do with runes v. weapons that come with the mod. Again, if that's the case, what's the difference?
2. With the above question in mind, can the lifeleech mod appear on a one handed sword or a hafted weapon?
3. Assuming it can, then do I need to take sword weapons or hafted weapons to be able to use the mod? Bear in mind, I will be dual wielding.
4. Finally, assuming I need sword weapons or hafted weapons, is it enough for me to leave it at level 1 and get the benefit of the mod or do I need to keep level it up as I get higher level weapons with the mod?
Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:15 PM
A) http://www.sacredwik...leeched_per_hit - A flat form of Leech Life. Say you have a total of Leech Life +50, you'll drain 50 HP per hit. This shows up on most weapon types (without the need for any particular skill to unlock it), but also on jewelry.
B) http://www.sacredwik..._from_opponents - A percentage based Leech Life. Say you have Leech Life +2.5%, you'll drain 2.5% of the mob's max HP per hit. So, you could kill an enemy (assuming you deal 0 damage per hit) in 100%/2.5% = 40 hits. However, this form of leech life seems to only show up on 2-handed weapons, and more importantly, does not work properly in the console version of the game.
Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:23 AM
3. No. Both life leech mods appear without prerequisites.
4. Normally, 1 point is enough to unlock basic modifiers. Later on in the game, some modifiers require item lore mastery (for example Armor Lore, Sword/Hafted/Polearm, etc. mastery). Mastery in any of these lores grants higher boni on the respective mod.
Taerima, level 80 Guardian
Bai Dobchan, level 80 Elementalist
Dobchan level 80 Ranger
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users