Underestimated item modifiers

I don't like the swamp on my pyro HE, she got very thirsty due to the spitting spiders. On a SW however, its just a wet stage with no real dangers - life is easy living behind two buffs. If there were debuffing mobs there, it would be another story.

• 2 months later...

There are quite a few item modifiers people don't use because they shine only at high levels, examples:

Chance_to_halve_regeneration_time

I think we all were told when we started to play Sacred2 to read just 1 rune. The main part of CA-levels to be got from socketing +combat arts, because socketed CA-levels have just the half regeneration penalty. But at high levels: an amulet will have +15% chance to halve reg-time. So with just 7 such amulets we would got rid of all the penalty from reading 200 runes. Every calculated how many amulets with +all combat arts are needed to reach 200 runes, probably more than the 7 just mentioned.

So why people don't use this modifier?

It eats too much sockets early game and people rarely change an early game strategy?

Combat_art_range

Honestly, I think everyone tried this once and never tried it again, The win of range is just too low. What change my opinion? Believe it or not, it was a Spidergirl dryad. Equipped with a staff and shield both adding +CA range. High-level Tangled_Vine suddenly not only rooted all in front and close to the kungfu, but all close and around the kungfu.

Now add that the CM-patch has a new set of sigils with +CA range. Know that the elf and the dragon mage both have sets with +ca range.

So what is the win if we put all 4 sources together? Around 50% win at real high levels, and it is Area of Effect, so the covered area win is squared; 2.25 = more than double the original area covered.

So if anyone was puzzled which character I was playing lately: ColdMeteor.

A build based on Incendiary_Shower. The character would use the Faladal's_Blizzard set normaly used by Ice-mages. The idea is to push the area hit by the meteors big enough that every target in melee range to the elf would be hit. Sadly just level 50 because lack of time and my first approach is certainly not optimal, but I think the build is something new.

ColdMeteor is you guess a CM-patch build.

Chance to halve regeneration time is not only bad itself (unreliant), but it also is very weak numberically. Getting 100% chance to halve regeneration time is almost impossible, while getting 50% reduced CA regen time isnt a hard task really.

Most undevalue mods share same problems - for example, who needs a bonus to just one skill, when the bonus to all skills provides almost same value (but to all skills, not just one)?

Edited by MortalKombat

What is not in your equatation is that ' -x% regeneration time' never reaches -100%. It is like dodge, parry, ... You need perhaps -1000% to have effective -99%. There is a point in the game where trying to have 100 chance to halve is less cost intensive than trying to reach 300 or 400% less regeneration time. Is this point already in silver, probably not. With experience and optimized equipment I reach it probably chapter 8 in gold if just playing through the campaigns.

http://sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Arni%27s_Ring

Arni's Ring in the level 67 version has 7.8% chance for halve and -9.4% less regeneration time.

http://sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Kaldur%27s_Legacy

A dual wielding hybrid seraphim at level 140 can have more than 50% chance to halve regeneration time just from her weapons.

Add that combat discipline (mastery) synergizes with chance for halve, making it a x% chance for 40% (or even 30%) of the regeneration time left. Best is of cause to have a 100% chance to halve and have -x% regeneration time too.

Sadly maths in Sacred2 are far from easy and would be a real pain to calculate in a Pen and Paper version.

Getting 100% chance to halve regen isn't that hard. I've got an inquisitor in platinum difficulty - level 106 - with 104% and using testas annihilator, so fewer sockets with no dual weild. Had >100 chance around level 95? iirc and doing fine.

Alot of set items have the % chance to halve regen modifier, you just need to look for them on platinum and niob difficulty.

Some combat art mods really benefit from %cthr if you still play Fallen Angel and don't have RPH - e.g Callous execution startle mod (stun), ravaged impact breach mod and flaring nova stun.

Also arni's ring is awesome at higher levels. Having at least 40 % chance to halve regen from set items is something I'd recommend, and only socket rings or amulets with 10% or more. You can find gloves with 15% with a high level bargainer.