Sacred 2 Official Site Flagged by Norton?

Hello, I just tried to go to the Sacred 2 official site. My Norton Antivirus Security Suite denied entry.

Norton has flagged the official site as a "fake redirect, driveby malicious download", and claims that the Sacred 2 site attempts to involuntarily download malicious software.

Does anyone know what is going on with this?

Hello, I just tried to go to the Sacred 2 official site. My Norton Antivirus Security Suite denied entry.

Norton has flagged the official site as a "fake redirect, driveby malicious download", and claims that the Sacred 2 site attempts to involuntarily download malicious software.

I guess it has to do with the way you are redirected to the language chooser portal (landingpage). Norton produces a lot of false positives.

Norton produces a lot of false positives.

This is what I wanted to mention as well. We used to use it a lot years back, but there were so many false positives, many of them just plain outrageous.

We don't use Norton anymore

:)

gogo

Hi, try another antivirus... I use Avira Free Edition... and I dont have any problems

Okay, thanks for the info, but I'm going to stick with Norton's strictness and erring on the side of caution.

I used to use McAfee, and I had two operating systems on two different computers destroyed by viruses that it let through.

EDIT: Okay, I tried that link, and it's flagged and blocked. I guess I just won't go there again. Fortunately, Dark Matters is still safe, and I like this site better anyway.

If it is a false positive, sometimes those get reported and resolved in a few days by the webmasters and/or moderators of the flagged site and the security company that flagged them.

Edited by belgarathmth