One of the most disappointing days of my life!

Talk about an emotional roller coaster ride! Last Sunday (yeah Sunday) I had a job interview and I was offered a position that had a much, much higher pay than my current job. Yesterday the interviewer told me not to worry because he is working on getting the additional position (the position offered to me) and that I will be having a 2nd interview with the National QA Manager. Then this morning he called me saying that the company has decided to hire only one position and sad to say it was not the position offered to me but rather the lower paying one due to budget constraints.

Oh, that sucks.

I sort of know how you feel. I make close to nothing, lifting my own bodyweight in goods almost every day.

Yet, I earn over three times as little as a man working in an office.

It's kind of strange to think about it. It should be the other way around, no?

That just sucks big time!

I took me many years to get a proper salary and I'm still feeling underpaid - I'm daily doing people's work for them when they are at a higher pay grade than me...

hang in there, Jun - I'm not the world's most spiritual guy, but I believe that sometimes things just happen as they should, but unfortunately is always only revealed with a 30day hindsight waiting period... :sigh:

and yeah, Anders, I think that manual labour (by the sounds of what you're doing) and teachers are totally underpaid in general.

Jun, I'm sorry hearing about this. I know how serious you have been taking your career for years now. Is there other positions close to what you wanted being offered by them?

At least you were in their head lights and were noticed, next time round, you'll probably be remembered and noticed for something remarkable even faster

Stay positive!

:)

gogo

Jun, I'm sorry hearing about this. I know how serious you have been taking your career for years now. Is there other positions close to what you wanted being offered by them?

At least you were in their head lights and were noticed, next time round, you'll probably be remembered and noticed for something remarkable even faster

Stay positive!

:)

gogo

Yes there actually is one. Problem is they already offered that to another person. I've recovered from yesterday but honestly I'm still pi_ _ed with what happened!!

Oh good luck cyclops! And if I might quote scleameth, the right thing wil happen at the right time. I looked for a different job for a very long time, and went for a few interviews, all of them costing me money to get to them. And after the 6th one, I actually gave up, and decided that the job I have will have to do for a little longer. Then Gavin, a guy from a recruitment agency, said that a chef really wants to see me, and that I will love the place. So after a few weeks I decided to go for the interview, had to fly more than a 1000km, I managed to get the job. I'm thrilled and love working with a dynamic team of people who love their job and can teach you so much more in new fields.

Hang in there, the right time will soon be upon you!

Delta!

Oh good luck cyclops! And if I might quote scleameth, the right thing wil happen at the right time. I looked for a different job for a very long time, and went for a few interviews, all of them costing me money to get to them. And after the 6th one, I actually gave up, and decided that the job I have will have to do for a little longer. Then Gavin, a guy from a recruitment agency, said that a chef really wants to see me, and that I will love the place. So after a few weeks I decided to go for the interview, had to fly more than a 1000km, I managed to get the job. I'm thrilled and love working with a dynamic team of people who love their job and can teach you so much more in new fields.

Hang in there, the right time will soon be upon you!

Delta!

inspiring story, Theuns, you added some jump into me day, I'm now sunny for Monday

:gogo:

gogo