• 1 year later...

Hello =)

I have a problem with CMP 140. I'll write this post here, but I don't know if it's the correct place.

I played CMP 130 and I used disable. When I executed enable of 140 all was working perfectly. But I decided to use 140's disable and I couldnt.

This message appeared:

Patch Engine Errer (19)

Error extracting Image File: IRIMG1.JPG

Could not find resource file in archive : (7)IRIMG1.JPG

The only option to disable 140 was using revoque tool and unistall ice and blood and sacred2, and reinstall them.

I want to play 140 but if you make 150 soon I wont be able to disable 140 and maybe I won't have internet to revoque and reinstall again sacred2+ ice and blood.

Well, this is my problem. Thanks for reading and spend your time...and apologize my english ~'u'~

• Like! 1

Thank you for your post, Ariadim, and welcome to the forums!

I believe this is a known issue but you found a workaround for it (for now)... so I will not delve into the forum database to find the solution for you. I am not the handiest guy with computers, but if you do need assistance in the future (disabling 140, or anything else), feel free to ask away!

Happy Hunting!

• Like! 1

Hello =)

I have a problem with CMP 140. I'll write this post here, but I don't know if it's the correct place.

I played CMP 130 and I used disable. When I executed enable of 140 all was working perfectly. But I decided to use 140's disable and I couldnt.

This message appeared:

Patch Engine Errer (19)

Error extracting Image File: IRIMG1.JPG

Could not find resource file in archive : (7)IRIMG1.JPG

The only option to disable 140 was using revoque tool and unistall ice and blood and sacred2, and reinstall them.

I want to play 140 but if you make 150 soon I wont be able to disable 140 and maybe I won't have internet to revoque and reinstall again sacred2+ ice and blood.

Well, this is my problem. Thanks for reading and spend your time...and apologize my english ~'u'~

Actually... There's a simpler solution. In the OTHER CM Patch thread, there's a link to a Sacred 2 RESET Tool. It's 140 MB in size and will restore Sacred 2 to it's latest and greatest configuration without the CM Patch.

The issue with the CM Patch disabler tool is a known one. The current version is a Hot Fix - meaning the original 140 was released, a bug was found that was classified as a "show stopper", the bug was dealt with, the entire patch was repackaged and released as the hot fix version. Unfortunately, the Uninstall tool was probably not rewritten to take into account the changes made since the original 140 - therefore, it chokes on some file that was there in the original 140 but isn't in the Hot Fix.

Such is the sort of problems you have when you're rushed to get a fixed version to your new product out. Sometimes things like this happen.

The CM Patch uninstaller will be fixed for the next release - whenever that is.

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1
  • 1 year later...

I finally got Sacred 2 Gold (purchased from Amazon.com before I found out that the Gog version would help Unbended) to install to my Windows 8.1 system by using Windows Vista compatibility mode. Now I'm looking at the community patch but find it a little confusing.

Which patch should I get for a new install? Version 1.40hf is talked about in this topic but there is also a Version 1.50 talked about elsewhere. Which one should I download?

Once I install the Mod, is there an easy way to regress to just Sacred 2 without the Mod. I tried following some of the links to the Sacred 2 Reset Tool but get a File not found error.

Thanks. Will I be able to easily remove v1.50 if I want to play a game with someone without the patch? My daughter has Sacred 2 on her PS3 and we thought we would try to link up.

• Like! 1

Removing CM patch v150 is pretty easy. You can do it by running cm-disable executable that is included in the CM Patch download, or by downloading and running CM Reset tool from here (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6mWJPtqErDcdFJfR1VlM202ek0&usp=sharing&tid=0B6mWJPtqErDcSkg0eGdubGdVaHM) The separate reset tool would only come handy if you modded the game after installing CM and cm-disable does not run correctly. Otherwise, the regular CM patch package with enable and disable executable files has all you need.

However, disabling CM patch won't help you link to the console. The console version is Fallen Angel without expansion or patches, so PC Gold version without CM is already different from it.

Edited by Silver_fox

I don't think that would work. Console versions are Fallen Angel (no expansion) so PC Sacred 2 Gold wouldn't work with it.

.. The console version is Fallen Angel without expansion or patches, so PC Gold version without CM is already different from it.

Yeah, I had an idea that wouldn't work. I guess I will have to install my copy of Sacred 2 (non-Gold) to see if we can connect.

... or I could get her to purchase a copy of Sacred 2 Gold from Gog ...

I don't think that would work. Console versions are Fallen Angel (no expansion) so PC Sacred 2 Gold wouldn't work with it.

>.. The console version is Fallen Angel without expansion or patches, so PC Gold version without CM is already different from it.

Yeah, I had an idea that wouldn't work. I guess I will have to install my copy of Sacred 2 (non-Gold) to see if we can connect.

... or I could get her to purchase a copy of Sacred 2 Gold from Gog ...

If you are talking about playing multiplayer together then you're out of luck. Ther's no compatibility between the two and in fact I'm pretty sure that the console versions were on a completely different patch version that didn't equate to a PC patch.

• 1 year later...

Ok, so I downloaded community patch and files in the archive are corrupted, and of course, there are no other downloads, that is so fraking dumb

Anti virus programs sometimes flag the current CM as a virus. Is that what you're seeing? Have you tried turning off your anti virus just long enough to install the CM?

• Like! 1

Ok, so I downloaded community patch and files in the archive are corrupted, and of course, there are no other downloads, that is so fraking dumb

Anti virus programs sometimes flag the current CM as a virus. Is that what you're seeing? Have you tried turning off your anti virus just long enough to install the CM?

It could also be the download didn't finish properly. You can check the file size and see if the download aborted prematurely. It should be: 266 MB (279,672,816 bytes). If it's less than that you should probably re-download it.

I just downloaded it from the downloads section and it extracted ok for me.

• Like! 1

I was thinking could be a virus program as well...

:blink:

gogo

• 2 months later...

Hello!
I'd like to leave a suggestion here.

Could it be possible to post the direct link to the patch file on the Sacred 2 Wiki (or other sites), instead of hiding it in the download section, that is restricted only to registered users?

Creating an account ONLY to download the patch is slightly annoying.
I also don't see an easy way to delete unwanted account.

I know not many people play this game recently but still... :)

Hello!

I'd like to leave a suggestion here.

Could it be possible to post the direct link to the patch file on the Sacred 2 Wiki (or other sites), instead of hiding it in the download section, that is restricted only to registered users?

Creating an account ONLY to download the patch is slightly annoying.

I also don't see an easy way to delete unwanted account.

I know not many people play this game recently but still... :)

We think of the link as a draw, a way to engage future players, perhaps make friends, and add some life to our little community

so as instead of being as simple as spread sheet that someone "ticks" and walks away with, there's a chance something wonderful, organic and magical can happen...

we can make a friend

:hugs:

Some even make a post in our introductions section after reading the posts on this forum, understanding the changes it will add to the game, the nigh-important troubleshooting, and, perhaps, even, to thank the creators and supporters of the patch after they have an awesome time playing and realize the work and love put into it ^^

Welcome to DarkMatters Xarrath

:heart:

gogo

Ehh, as I thought. :P

Well, thank you for your welcome! :)

However, I don't think I'll be here too much. I'm a bit busy with eradicating Ancaria's wildlife. Eh, busy life of a Dragon Mage.

As not to make it all spam, a few thoughts about the CM Patch from my side:
- Downloading made me some troubles. 1st didn't finish completely in one run. It somehow got paused/reset? I had to make FF download the rest of file. Afraid that the file could be corrupted, I hit the download again. This time it couldn't set the time remaining right away but after few minutes the file was downloaded successfully.

- Some missions are still bugged or missing translation (I got text like: "mission_completed_text").

- One mission started even when I didn't trigger it. It was "Hunting Fever III". I was doing missions in the Cursed Forest when a timer popped up on my screen. I thought it was (finally) a feature allowing to see the remaining time of spell boosts but unfortunately it just showed me later that I *failed* a mission.

- I love the fact that NPCs now back away when I'm overleveled. My character was making earlier some thoughts about it, but I didn't really see it happening on screen. Now it makes sense and is kinda satisfying for me. :D

- The new items (like bottles) are interesting, although personally I don't use them too much (another thing to sell).

- The game got slightly unstable now. Once a while it freezes completely and I have to close it using Task Manager. It hurts pretty much when I didn't save the game as I lose all rewards but the mission is set as completed (another bug?). I'm running the game on Win 7 x64. Before the patch such freeze has never occurred.

Generally, I think, it's nice to have this patch (especially with the mods that work with it), so thank you guys for finishing this patch! :)
The game still has its annoyances but I can live with them, at least for now.

Edited by Xarrath
  • Like! 1

Hello guys, I'm playing in local/lan with my bro and I'm wondering if I install the comunity patch on both computers if we are still able to play together in multiplayer?

Another question, we are kinda noobs to sacred 2 and im wondering something about the multiplayer's free wold mode, how to team with my bro? because we dont seems to be in a team or even share the experience in this mode, help please :)

Sorry for the bad language I'm french, thank you guys :D

• Like! 1

Hi, yes, you can install CM patch on both computer, you will be able to play together.

For multiplayer, only players of the same alignment (Path of Light or Path of Shadows) will be allowed to party. To party, I don't remember; put the mouse cursor on the left border of the screen while in game, you will see a window menu that will appear with player connected and maybe be able to group together.

Edited by desm

Hello guys, I'm playing in local/lan with my bro and I'm wondering if I install the comunity patch on both computers if we are still able to play together in multiplayer?

Another question, we are kinda noobs to sacred 2 and im wondering something about the multiplayer's free wold mode, how to team with my bro? because we dont seems to be in a team or even share the experience in this mode, help please :)

Sorry for the bad language I'm french, thank you guys :D

And great having you here on the boards, Benjamin, welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo