Xarrath

Leaden Juggernaut

• New Arrival
  • 2 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:36 AM

Ehh, as I thought. :P

Well, thank you for your welcome! :)

However, I don't think I'll be here too much. I'm a bit busy with eradicating Ancaria's wildlife. Eh, busy life of a Dragon Mage.

As not to make it all spam, a few thoughts about the CM Patch from my side:
- Downloading made me some troubles. 1st didn't finish completely in one run. It somehow got paused/reset? I had to make FF download the rest of file. Afraid that the file could be corrupted, I hit the download again. This time it couldn't set the time remaining right away but after few minutes the file was downloaded successfully.

- Some missions are still bugged or missing translation (I got text like: "mission_completed_text").

- One mission started even when I didn't trigger it. It was "Hunting Fever III". I was doing missions in the Cursed Forest when a timer popped up on my screen. I thought it was (finally) a feature allowing to see the remaining time of spell boosts but unfortunately it just showed me later that I *failed* a mission.

- I love the fact that NPCs now back away when I'm overleveled. My character was making earlier some thoughts about it, but I didn't really see it happening on screen. Now it makes sense and is kinda satisfying for me. :D

- The new items (like bottles) are interesting, although personally I don't use them too much (another thing to sell).

- The game got slightly unstable now. Once a while it freezes completely and I have to close it using Task Manager. It hurts pretty much when I didn't save the game as I lose all rewards but the mission is set as completed (another bug?). I'm running the game on Win 7 x64. Before the patch such freeze has never occurred.

Generally, I think, it's nice to have this patch (especially with the mods that work with it), so thank you guys for finishing this patch! :)
The game still has its annoyances but I can live with them, at least for now.

Edited by Xarrath, 30 June 2016 - 07:40 AM.

#22 BenjaminRodrigues

BenjaminRodrigues

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:55 AM

Hello guys, I'm playing in local/lan with my bro and I'm wondering if I install the comunity patch on both computers if we are still able to play together in multiplayer? 

Another question, we are kinda noobs to sacred 2 and im wondering something about the multiplayer's free wold mode, how to team with my bro? because we dont seems to be in a team or even share the experience in this mode, help please :)

Sorry for the bad language I'm french, thank you guys :D

#23 desm

desm

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Gamertag:CharpenteLune27

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:59 PM

Hi, yes, you can install CM patch on both computer, you will be able to play together.

For multiplayer, only players of the same alignment (Path of Light or Path of Shadows) will be allowed to party. To party, I don't remember; put the mouse cursor on the left border of the screen while in game, you will see a window menu that will appear with player connected and maybe be able to group together.

Edited by desm, 04 July 2016 - 03:00 PM.

1412100653-signaturedm.jpg

#24 Androdion

Androdion

Radon Master

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:58 PM

I think it's the N key by default, but yeah, it's the window on the left pane that lets you invite other players to join your party.

#25 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,951 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:17 PM

Hello guys, I'm playing in local/lan with my bro and I'm wondering if I install the comunity patch on both computers if we are still able to play together in multiplayer? 

Another question, we are kinda noobs to sacred 2 and im wondering something about the multiplayer's free wold mode, how to team with my bro? because we dont seems to be in a team or even share the experience in this mode, help please :)

Sorry for the bad language I'm french, thank you guys :D

And great having you here on the boards, Benjamin, welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

#26 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,951 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:23 PM

Ehh, as I thought. :P

Well, thank you for your welcome! :)

However, I don't think I'll be here too much. I'm a bit busy with eradicating Ancaria's wildlife. Eh, busy life of a Dragon Mage.

As not to make it all spam, a few thoughts about the CM Patch from my side:
- Downloading made me some troubles. 1st didn't finish completely in one run. It somehow got paused/reset? I had to make FF download the rest of file. Afraid that the file could be corrupted, I hit the download again. This time it couldn't set the time remaining right away but after few minutes the file was downloaded successfully.

- Some missions are still bugged or missing translation (I got text like: "mission_completed_text").

- One mission started even when I didn't trigger it. It was "Hunting Fever III". I was doing missions in the Cursed Forest when a timer popped up on my screen. I thought it was (finally) a feature allowing to see the remaining time of spell boosts but unfortunately it just showed me later that I *failed* a mission.

- I love the fact that NPCs now back away when I'm overleveled. My character was making earlier some thoughts about it, but I didn't really see it happening on screen. Now it makes sense and is kinda satisfying for me. :D

- The new items (like bottles) are interesting, although personally I don't use them too much (another thing to sell).

- The game got slightly unstable now. Once a while it freezes completely and I have to close it using Task Manager. It hurts pretty much when I didn't save the game as I lose all rewards but the mission is set as completed (another bug?). I'm running the game on Win 7 x64. Before the patch such freeze has never occurred.

Generally, I think, it's nice to have this patch (especially with the mods that work with it), so thank you guys for finishing this patch! :)
The game still has its annoyances but I can live with them, at least for now.

An awesome, chock full o' details post... see? we bring good members to Sacred!

:)

gogo

#27 MichaelSero

MichaelSero

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Steam Name:Shinobu

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:45 AM

Well thank you for your work and I really appreciate it .... BUT why the hell you guys removed the fraking Mountain secret ? There was absolute NOTHING wrong about expect it was a funny feature....

< This is the "Secret" Its NOT my Video.

So please fix this non sense.

I still like the community patch but thats just to much ... Just delete the game itself maybe its just fixed maybe just remove the whole Page...

#28 Androdion

Androdion

Radon Master

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:12 AM

Well, that's news to me to be honest. As in, that's the first time I've seen that "quest". Was it removed with the CM patch or with Ice and Blood?

#29 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:29 AM

That video was clearly made with Ice and Blood installed, so it's a safe bet the CM Patch made the change.  I've never seen or heard anything about those quests though.  I could probably transplant them back into quest.txt, if I cared to, which I don't.

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#30 Androdion

Androdion

Radon Master

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

It just comes to say that the devs put everything and even more in this game! :D

#31 Dragon Brother

Dragon Brother

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 6,103 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

You can hardly call that a secret quest; it's most likely some leftover developer stuff that was never removed and so the CM team decided to clean it up. There is no quest to complete though, simply click on some people and get rewards (and I think there is a unique mount salesperson in there somewhere too) so I guess they figured it something that didn't need to remain.

I'm sure I recall it being mentioned in a patch note or in some discussion on this forum when it was done...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users