[PS3] Farming Bosses and the Orc Cave

I've heard the comment of farming bosses, are you guys talking about the same bosses that you run across on your main quest line? Is this doable on the console versions as well as the Orc Cave grind that was mentioned in this thread

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/10049-a-guide-to-the-orc-cave-your-easy-way-to-a-ton-of-xp-and-drops/

Last question how can you turn off the auto save, in case I try this cave grind and die? I don't want to lose my survival bonus.

Boss farming is done in Free World.

Orc Cave works fine on consoles. AFAIK, the auto save cannot be disabled, but you can do a console reset (meaning you quickly pull the plug after you die).

What Lujate said. I'll confirm that Auto Save after death can not be turned off.

Instead of pulling the plug though, you can quickly quit the game instead. Hold the PS button to bring up the black screen menu and quit from there. If you tap the button to access the XMB, the load time may not be quick enough.

What Lujate said. I'll confirm that Auto Save after death can not be turned off.

Instead of pulling the plug though, you can quickly quit the game instead. Hold the PS button to bring up the black screen menu and quit from there. If you tap the button to access the XMB, the load time may not be quick enough.

Well I went in there and have leveled from 33 to 39 now, those orcs are a joke, atleast at my level, I blow thru them without even having to use my heal.

One thing I'm confused about is the difference in Silver, Gold, and Niob. The book says that I can't get to gold until I have "Completed" my campaign? But I've seen info that says you can change over at 50, which is which?

Also for example in this thread Lujate's sig says he has a toon in Gold at level 41, how does this work actually?

1. If I go to free world, can I get back to my campaign?

2. If I do get to go to gold, can I come back and complete silver or its completely erased?

3. Graduating into Gold or Niob, does that cause you to have to start over your main quest line from the beginning, or continue from that point?

These type of questions, thanks guys in advance.

What Lujate said. I'll confirm that Auto Save after death can not be turned off. Instead of pulling the plug though, you can quickly quit the game instead. Hold the PS button to bring up the black screen menu and quit from there. If you tap the button to access the XMB, the load time may not be quick enough.
Well I went in there and have leveled from 33 to 39 now, those orcs are a joke, atleast at my level, I blow thru them without even having to use my heal. One thing I'm confused about is the difference in Silver, Gold, and Niob. The book says that I can't get to gold until I have "Completed" my campaign? But I've seen info that says you can change over at 50, which is which? Also for example in this thread Lujate's sig says he has a toon in Gold at level 41, how does this work actually? 1. If I go to free world, can I get back to my campaign? 2. If I do get to go to gold, can I come back and complete silver or its completely erased? 3. Graduating into Gold or Niob, does that cause you to have to start over your main quest line from the beginning, or continue from that point? These type of questions, thanks guys in advance.

1. Yes, anything you do in freeworld doesn't effect your campaign status.

2. You can go to a lower difficulty if you want, only worthwhile if the next difficulty is a little tough so you go back for a grind.

3. Yes, once you finish the silver campaign you get access to gold and you restart with a blank slate. On console, to access platinum you must finish the gold camp, and for niob the plat camp. On pc, if you play online there are level requirements to the difficulties, bronze is 0-60, silver 0-100, gold 60-140 , plat 100-180, niob 140-200. However, if you complete the silver campaign at level 30 then you can enter gold without meeting the level requirement and the same applies to the other difficulties. However, once you outgrow a cap you cannot go back down to the difficulty.

Edited by Dragon Brother

I'm kinda confused about what Dragon Brother said. I'm level 56 and I just killed the Guardians in Gold. I tried to start a new campaign in Platinum, but couldn't. Didn't even have the option to. So I assumed that was because I had not hit level 60 yet, which I read you had to be. Dragon Brother's post seems to suggest that on console, there are no level restrictions, like there are on PC. Did I just mis-read what he wrote or is my game messed up somehow?

Zaraki: That is very strange.

Try going back into your Gold campaign and ensuring that the campaign actually registered as complete.

It only happened to me once, but the same thing happened to me. I finished Gold with a group online (I was hosting), but the game froze at the beginning of the ending movie (someone disconnected at the same time as I triggered the switch to end the game, so it didn't know how to kick them from the server), so it didn't actually register that I had completed that step. I went back into the campaign solo and had to run back down to the guardian room and redo that step to see the ending movie again.

In Ice and Blood, there are two ways to unlock a difficulty. Either complete the campaign on the prior difficulty or reach the minimum level. Consoles only have the first option.

Zaraki, are you playing on a console? At least once on ps3, I defeated the Guardians, the credits rolled but I could not start the next difficulty. I had to resume my game and flip the switch at the end again. Then I could go on. Give that a try.

Thanks guys for the response. Yea, I'm on console. I beat the guardians, flipped the switch, saw the movie and saw the credits. Then the game went into the main screen, I went to new campaign and didn't have platinum difficulty option. I guess I will go and beat them again. That's going to be a pain too, that last guardian hits hard. I don't know if level 56 is low in Gold difficulty, but that was a tough fight. :twitch: Thanks everyone.

That sounds exactly like what happened to me. When I went back, the Guardians were already dead. I flipped the switch again, saw the credits and was then able to start the next difficulty.