Why say no to DEXTERITY?

Tybudd

Dexterity increases damage for close combat weapons like daggers and if I remember right range staff only. Strenght increases damage of all other close combat weapon eg: swords, axe, big swords, and big axe :paladin::viking::pirate: .Dexterity also increases damage for range weapons and defense so why should we say no to dexterity? Hoooray for DEXTERITY!! :yay: (I'm biased with these coz I'm a Dryad tooner.)

Partly correct, Eidolon... but

Attributes

The wiki says it best ;)

The real question... why not pump points into it? The effect of increasing damage has never been considered "worth it". It's not totally wrong, IMO which attribute you pump won't vastly change your toon.

I think I remember a while back, me and Pony were running competitive builds his with strength pole on horseback, mine on dex pole, on horseback. The Str poles were just doing so much more damage, I eventually ended up giving up on my dex build and switched to a mounted str builds for poles. Kills just seemed to come easier.

I've also updated the Dexterity page, added links to all the weapon types, so a player can get to pix of what all the weps that are modifiable by this particular attribute look like.

Thank Knuckles for putting up those hundreds of item skins!

:bounce:

gogo

In terms of increasing weapon damage, the addition of Ice and Blood lowered the amount by which it does so fairly significantly. So taking an attribute is a fairly arbitrary decision. Pick whatever feels right for you, but I would suggest not spreading the points too thin or it will be fairly inefficient.

I remember Spunky saying a while back after Ice and blood was released, that the impact upon damage coming from adding points to attributes in the expansion had been so nerfed, that he had begun at that point to only add points to Vitality, larger health pool the better.

DB, anyone else, I have been making updates and edits to the Attributes pages, with better links and writeup, hoping to offer more clarity for readers. Are the writeups okay?

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Dexterity

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Strength

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Intelligence

:)

gogo

For my tank shadow warrior I put in vitality and dexterity. The dex was not for damage it was for defensive ability in conjunction with anneal runes. The build was pretty sturdy with 4 niob anneals when I was playing niob and about 50% reflect and over 50% evasion

You could perhaps add in a note mentioning that Ice and Blood significantly lowered the weapon damage increase...I'm not sure about the CA damage increase of Intelligence, never really payed attention to it, but it probably got reduced too.

Great idea DB. Just added that write up mentioned, to all the three attribute pages, and I even did some extra work, added three extra pages... each Atribute now has it's own atributed weapons page. This way if anyone is searching for Dex weapons, one page has it all. A single Attribute still "calls" all the info from those page to it, I'm almost finished Dexterity, but still have armor sets to add:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Dexterity

Finally, Wiki attribute pages are filling up

:bounce:

gogo

Partly correct, Eidolon... but

Attributes

The wiki says it best ;)

The real question... why not pump points into it? The effect of increasing damage has never been considered "worth it". It's not totally wrong, IMO which attribute you pump won't vastly change your toon.

I'm wondering if that only applies to PC platform or not, because checking on my Dryad and SW, it doesn't specify weapon types the way that it does in this wiki. But Strength does specify that it DOESN'T enhance for daggers and mage staffs.

Yeah because right now I have a 3star level dagger and a 3 star level Axe 1 hander, both level 56 weapons on my level 52 Dryad, here are the comparisons:

Dagger

Darting Assualt - 1100

Ravage Impact - 1500

Auto attack - 500

Hafted Axe 1Hander

Darting Assualt - 1500

Ravage Impact - 2200

Auto Attack - 899

And since my Combat Arts are at around 1.2 sec "if" daggers are supposed to be faster weapons (I don't know this, since I can't see a speed on the weapon, I'm just assuming according to other games), it seems I'm just getting way more benefit out of the hafted Axe, and so far this toon has only Attribute points in Dexterity nothing else. So according to this info it would seem that at a minimum the daggers should be doing damage closer to what the Axe is doing, atleast closing the gap if not out doing it, since its being directly buffed by Dexterity and no additional strength. What you guys think?

Edited by Tybudd
I'm wondering if that only applies to PC platform or not, because checking on my Dryad and SW, it doesn't specify weapon types the way that it does in this wiki. But Strength does specify that it DOESN'T enhance for daggers and mage staffs.

I think you got it right, when you want to be sure which attribute is actually affecting your damage, check the attributes page with the weapon equipped. For a 2H sword, the "damage +x" will be on STR; dagger, DEX and a mage staff, INT.

And since my Combat Arts are at around 1.2 sec "if" daggers are supposed to be faster weapons (I don't know this, since I can't see a speed on the weapon, I'm just assuming according to other games), it seems I'm just getting way more benefit out of the hafted Axe, and so far this toon has only Attribute points in Dexterity nothing else. So according to this info it would seem that at a minimum the daggers should be doing damage closer to what the Axe is doing, atleast closing the gap if not out doing it, since its being directly buffed by Dexterity and no additional strength. What you guys think?

Ahhh, but if you observe closely, when the "damage +x" mod is on STR, it has a higher value than DEX, when the attributes are at the same value. Similarily, IIRC, INT is the lowest. So even though your DEX is higher than your STR, you are still probably getting a higer "damage +x" modifier from STR than DEX. That, combined with the higher base damage of the axe compared to the dagger, produces the damage numbers you see.

Definietly, there are animation speed differences. Daggers execute faster than shortswords faster than 1-H swords faster than 2H swords. Hafted it's clubs-axes-hammers-2H'ers I think. Ranged is blowpipe-shuriken/th. knife-bow-pistol-laser gun.

NOW, if you want to talk about DPS... well that is a much tougher debate to settle. :pirate:

I've seen that word before "Shiriken" is that a unique item of some sort, I thought it was a streetfighter reference spelled wrong:(?

Well, I spelt it rong :(

Shuriken

Wikitricks back in effect :) Actually, I'm surprised you haven't picked any of these up yet!