Skill needed to make "Selling Price" work?

I am currently in the blood forest region, an di just bought 2 rings that add a percentage to the selling price (selling price: +38.7%, displayed in blue), but I don't see that happening. the price I would get with the rings on, is the same was without the rings on.

So, how is this possible? do you need a skill to make it work?

Actually the selling price is slightly misleading, it refers to the selling price of that item not granting you more money on all of your sales.

Thats it exactly. It only increases the price that you get for the item with the modifier on it. And since there's no way to increase that percentage enough to make it worthwhile to buy it and then sell it repeatedly its a completely pointless modifier.

IIRC, I played around with this for a while, and when socketing it, nothing interesting happens until you get over 100%... the value of the item will raise for % above 100, but then it costs you 5 or 10 times the amount to socket than you get for the increased value. 2 caveats: IIRC ;) and console version. Of course, that really needs a 3-socket item... and ideally 3 level 200+ selling price rings... waitaminuite I can think of much better things to do with 3-socket gear :whistle:

I think the mod works fine when it procs on a piece of equipment. Finding 2 junk items that are nearly identical can vary in price normally, a little, but one with that selling price mod will have a signifigantly higher selling price, even at low levels with <100% selling price values.

There was a good idea here, the mod is nice to find when you're playing with limited gold (like 'hardcore' toons, etc).