Giftefeu - Poison Ivy

chattius

Introduction

This is a build played by my daughter while being at hospital. Not the most easiest build it needs certain items to shine. It is nice for tactical playing. needing some mouse acrobatics to have fun. 40 angry orcs charging, but all are stopped by vines before they reach you. Then you just look for movement and do new vines on it. The vines do damage ticks for some seconds, the more vines are active the more damage ticks will hit per second. Damage lore is chosen. It will add some damage to the attack spells and to weapon attacks early on. The goal is that a single vine will hit as many enemies as in this picture:

wuwu.jpg

Character designing

We don't exspect to have powerful attack spells early on. In the beginning weapon fighting will be needed. So tactic lore will be chosen early on. It is needed to maximize boosting combat art range by unlocking double wielding for 2 Nlovae staves. Also damage lore will work with the fire damage put on vines. Optimizing tangled vines will need 4 skills: nature magic focus and lore, ancient magic and combat discipline. This sums up to 7 skills already planed. So the next question was: fun or savety? Fun was considered more important- rehabilitation at hospital. So the build was finally done as one without any defensive skills. Since acute mind will give regeneration time and intelligence, all stat points are for vitality to counterbalance a bit not having a defensive skill. So concentration and voodoo focus and lore would be taken too. So we are at 10 skills and what is left to sorten them in a manner which allows a decent playing at lower levels.

Skills

Tactics Lore.pngTactics Lore : First levels will be weapon fighting, so getting a bit more damage and unlocking dual wielding early is not the worst idea. Only 9 points will be taken to fully modify dustdevil as an early defense and a nice combat art block late game.

To be continued...

I love the goal! Chattius, I'm the kind of person who'll build a build for all kinds of strange reasons. One of them is just cuz I love the speed at which stuff can get to enemies and the other's how things look when they die :crazy:

I've always thought that vining is one of the best animated Combat Arts in the game. Just a wee while back, I was playing with a dude, level 75, and we were in Ice region of Ice and Blood. His build, WOW. I've NEVER seen a good vines build before...and this guy was SO close to it being perfect!. He was able to grab a group, soimetimes just one big one, and then, cuz it was the Ice region...the vines 'd squeeze... and

1kapow.gif

So satisfying!~

It was one of the closest things to being "magical" that I'd seen in the game. Vines is tough to get strong, you have to also be a master of timing with the Acute Mind.

Any chance of you being able to get a video of this spider girl in action? The pic is very impressive!

:wow:

gogo

p.s. Waiting for you to stat this, I'll bring it over to Wiki for you after it's finalized. Great having your work ported over to CMPatch like this. Thank you

• 2 years later...

Our second reworked the character into an explorer type character, something like Darwin, Humboldt or Lotte Hass. Specially the later inspired her and was the godparent for the name: Xarifa.

http://www.scubahalloffame.com/hallmembers/2000/hanslottiehass.html

The name of the boat she and her later husband used when they were among first in underwater biology. Their movies made me starting diving, not scuba just snorkling first. Needed army and classes in disarming seamines to finally learn scuba diving. Now I do it mainly as a referee at underwater rugby. My daughter will get her diving license next week. Since she was 12 she helped at an nearby institute for handicapped children: leading horses at vaulting, bow shooting, ... And now they have a project running with scuba diving for kids with muscle defects. So she trained scuba diving at my underwater rugby club.

----

The explorer dryad

So the character as an explorer has alchemy to research the trophies (and using longer lasting mentors for more experience), enhanced perception to find stuff (and get and use items which boost experience rate), spell resistance (needed in niob I&B to counter damage over time) to unlock armour lore.

Combat discipline to boost damage in all 3 trees. Together with 100% chance to halve regeneration time it will start the regeneration clock at 8 once mastered.

All 3 tree foci and nature lore to test out most combat arts.

The 10th skill is open yet:

concentration for 2 buffs

ancient magic because she would be a nature caster dryad mainly late game

constitution to prevent one hits, everything else she would heal away

voodoo lore: to have better totems and a third damage type, so not needing ancient magic

Currently level 31, with 31 points in hunting focus (buff and large dustdevil for spell resist) and 31 in combat discipline to boost all 3 trees.

9 points in nature for healing and 9 in voodoo for totem. Barkskin is not used because predator buff is needed for recharging the spells.

This start should allow to bypass the frustrating first levels as a nature dryad by playing with darting assault and totems through silver. Also the CM-patch adds a nice sigil set with +CA-range for longer reaching vines.