How do I build Vampiress

Sure. Love her, but only in the Vamp form. :diablo:

I guess you could play as the Knight, but that would be a tough build, akin to a melee BM.

You can try the "28 days later" build, if you don't mind a minor exploit. Uber-powerful, IMO, and could be boring once you've had your fun.

And, the perma-vamprire. Also a small exploit here using the TiV in a combo so that when it runs out, there is no "cooldown" before you can turn back. Pretty standard melee build but you can get tricksy with Ranged weapon skill and Ettol's Bow... since when you TiV your equipped weapon is used for base damage, but you actually dual-wield your "claws".

Happy Hunting :cha (18):

Hi Khalessi

This is one of the more entertaining guides built for in Sacred:

The General

Comes with a spiffy video that'll have you tapping your toes, everytime you reach for that next bite!

gogo

Ugh. Tapping toes (dancing around your house?) and eating at your PC (next bite) because you'll be so bored of having your zombies doing all the killing and nothing left for the poor knight to do but avoid TiV for the rest of the day.

:closedeyes:

Of course, if that's your style, go for it! AFK farming dragons has its own "joy", I suppose. :D

Hi Khalessi

This is one of the more entertaining guides built for in Sacred:

The General

Comes with a spiffy video that'll have you tapping your toes, everytime you reach for that next bite!

how-to-draw-vampire-fangs-and-teeth-tutorial-drawing.jpg

cha%20%2818%29.gif

gogo

Looks cool, but I get annoyed with too many summons. Especially when I'm playing with friends, which is most of the time. I suppose Vampiress can be my anti-social character.

I believe that perma-Vamp is the most common choice since it's easy to maintain and you don't need many Turn Into Vampire runes. It's best not to put too many runes into TiV due to sunlight damage. At first I'd say just one rune is good. As you level up, try to keep the sunlight damage around 50 or less per tick for additional runes. I'd also choose Axe Lore over Sword Lore as the weapon choice since there are some good Axes like Fadalmar's or a range of one handed unique axes as well as one Vamp set mace(counts as Axe Lore).

• 1 year later...

I believe that perma-Vamp is the most common choice since it's easy to maintain and you don't need many Turn Into Vampire runes. It's best not to put too many runes into TiV due to sunlight damage. At first I'd say just one rune is good. As you level up, try to keep the sunlight damage around 50 or less per tick for additional runes. I'd also choose Axe Lore over Sword Lore as the weapon choice since there are some good Axes like Fadalmar's or a range of one handed unique axes as well as one Vamp set mace(counts as Axe Lore).

Is there any way to extend the amount of time that you stay in vamp form since, like you said, you risk major damage if you eat more than a few runes? I understand that you can do a TiV combo (perma-vamp), but it's pretty annoying when you're in the middle of a fight and you turn back into knight form because you've eaten only a few runes and you can't eat more because your skill level ( Sorry, but the name of the skill escapes me, at the moment.)that protects you isn't high enough.

Edited by altonsy

I suppose you can build your TiV-combo slot with a buff-suit. So, when you do cast your TiV, it lasts (a lot) longer. Of course, this increases your sunlight damage, so care must be taken when using it. Other than that, changing mid-battle is just the one small downside of the perma-vamp.

I can't think of any modfiers or other ways to lengthen the spell without increasing the level, though.

• Like! 1
  • 1 year later...

I have decided to ask my question here, because it is about a vamp...

Do you know what are the conditions that one can use "Master Bite" in the game? I mean (last official patch version) that the vampiress isn't really acting at all when I want from her to cast it. Do it need to be a high level then something or (yes she is in her vampire form)... Someone got the answer already? :music:

Edited by Prelate Revan

I tested Master Bite. I don't remember what happened I just remember that the only vampire skills I liked were wolf and bats. I'm not sure if more runes would help.

To the lower level monsters it works - like for example level 5-6 (spell is level 6) but I do not really know the relation spell/monster level - now I am level 56 and monsters are in between 50-70 most often, and she does not even try to cast it. Not that it is always necessary but I like combining the spells to get more effective defeating the big bunches of monsters. :starwars::music:

I think, I got it - it is not how much runes you have invested in the skill, or if there is some dependence, I still cannot catch it - it is the levels difference between your character and theirs - if you are level 61 the bite works from far below to level 64, 66 are not affected anymore. Got the spell at level 7 , the Vampiress herself is level 61 now with maxed out bloodlust and vampirism, high ph. regeneration and general weapon lore, parrying and armor. Still nothing is really big challenge, except the dead heroes in the volcano island (in the 1st cave with medallion fragment). :) So she is a fighter I guess. My awaken dead just kill their victims, they do not make from them another "subjects to my will" :D why so I do not know... :music:

• 4 months later...