Inside the Making of Nokia Lumia 800 [VIDEO]

FdmNews

Nokia has released an in-depth documentary providing a behind-the-scenes look into the creation of the company’s flagship Windows Phone handset, the Lumia 800.

The video reveals a couple of details about Nokia’s partnership with Microsoft. “We were side-by-side with the designers and engineers at Microsoft from the day the partnership deal was signed,” says Nokia’s VP of Industrial Design Stefan Pannenbecker.

“This intense collaboration was new to all of us,” he says. Ultimately it paid of, because “people are looking at Nokia with fresh eyes again.”

SEE ALSO: Nokia, Bring the Lumia 800 to the U.S. Now — Please

In the nearly 8-minute long video, Nokia also praises the phone’s antenna performance, taking an indirect jab at Apple. Its iPhone 4 was initially criticized for the antenna, which would experience a significant signal drop when held a certain way.

Nokia, a company known for the quality and precise manufacturing of its products, has lately been strutting its feathers with several in-depth videos such as this one. A recent video provided insight into the making of Nokia N9, Lumia 800′s Maemo-based cousin.

It's Like the N9...But Not

nokia-n9.jpg

The Lumia 800 is nearly identical in appearance to the N9, Nokia's first -- and last -- MeeGo handset.

Like the N9, it sports a beautiful polycarbonate body with a curved glass screen, a rear camera with LED flash and edges that feel great in the hand.

Click here to view this gallery.

More About: Lumia, Lumia 800, Nokia, smartphone, windows phone

For more Mobile coverage:

di
di

Mashable?i=pWh11TJWQWk:5PXAC2WEOoA:D7DqB2pKExk Mashable?i=pWh11TJWQWk:5PXAC2WEOoA:V_sGLiPBpWU Mashable?i=pWh11TJWQWk:5PXAC2WEOoA:F7zBnMyn0Lo Mashable?d=qj6IDK7rITs Mashable?d=_e0tkf89iUM Mashable?i=pWh11TJWQWk:5PXAC2WEOoA:gIN9vFwOqvQ Mashable?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Mashable?d=P0ZAIrC63Ok Mashable?d=I9og5sOYxJI Mashable?d=CC-BsrAYo0A Mashable?i=pWh11TJWQWk:5PXAC2WEOoA:_cyp7NeR2Rw
pWh11TJWQWk

View the full article

Weeell.... Not the first on I'd get from Nokia. Used to be nice, Finnish-origins phone creator. But since Elop, everything's going down the drain... IHMO.

So, I've abandoned the ship and moved to Android with ZTE Blade. (Which seems to be really cheap@$$-phone, btw,) And updating it into Samsung Galaxy S 2.

I have no desire whatsoever to try out Nokia stuff anymore... Too bad since it used to be one (only) choice of brands previously...

You know, I've never actually seen one of these phones live. I'd thought that only the Iphones had sick GUI's, I mean really fast and bouncey. I've seen a few more videos for this Nokia, I'd just like to check out it's design live.

What's ELOP Juha?

:)

gogo

Gogo: Current CEO of Nokia. IMHO was a mistake to choose him as CEO. Have made few of the IT-world's most outrageous statements. Up to quite literally mocking Nokia's products and so on.

Also, IMHO jumping in the same bed with Microsoft was one of their great mistakes. I mean look at the start screen of any Windows Phone 7 phones. All blocky and plain. Gives me the shivers...

I'm sure they would've gotten so much more from the Meego. As it stands, I'm afraid N9 is the only Meego-platformed phone.

Gogo: Current CEO of Nokia. IMHO was a mistake to choose him as CEO. Have made few of the IT-world's most outrageous statements. Up to quite literally mocking Nokia's products and so on.

Also, IMHO jumping in the same bed with Microsoft was one of their great mistakes. I mean look at the start screen of any Windows Phone 7 phones. All blocky and plain. Gives me the shivers...

I'm sure they would've gotten so much more from the Meego. As it stands, I'm afraid N9 is the only Meego-platformed phone.

Some of his decisions/statements have been a bit out there, but I think that Nokia definitely needed to shake things up and thats what he's done. W7 phones...I think they look ok, but nothing special whereas the look of meego comes across better to me. At least meego hasn't been completely shut down though, there still may be hope for it yet.

^ I guess there's a bit of patriotism in my oppinions. As of whole Nokia has been Finnish brand and a bit employer around here. Due to these new winds blowing, many has lost jobs and such. And gotta admit, I don't really like his leading style (Elop) personally. Just rubs the wrong way some reason.