Ashton Kutcher: I’m Taking a Break From Twitter

FdmNews

stumbleupon.pngdiggme.pngfb.jpgashton-kutcher-break-from-twitter
ashton-kutcher-360.jpg

Ashton Kutcher, one of the most popular celebrities on Twitter, says he’s taking a break from the social network for the time being.

“As of immediately I will stop tweeting until I find a way to properly manage this feed,†Kutcher wrote Wednesday night. “I feel awful about this error. Won’t happen again.â€

The impetus for Kutcher’s sudden hiatus was an earlier tweet that defended Penn State coach Joe Paterno, who was fired Wednesday after being implicated in a scandal related to assistant coach Jerry Sandusky’s alleged history of sexually molesting children. “How do you fire Jo Pa? #insult #noclass as a hawkeye fan I find it in poor taste,†the tweet said. Later on, Kutcher tweeted, “Heard Joe was fired, fully recant previous tweet!†and “Didn’t have full story. #admitwhenYoumakemistakes.â€

Those two tweets have been subsequently removed, but Kutcher has left another apology: “As an advocate in the fight against child sexual exploitation, I could not be more remorseful for all involved in the Penn St. case.”

Kutcher’s remark about “managing this feed” could indicate that someone else tweets for him or has access to his Twitter account. If so, Kutcher, who has more than 8 million followers, wouldn’t be the first celeb to run ghost-written tweets. Rapper 50 Cent, Britney Spears and President Obama have all run “ghost-tweets.”

Kutcher is also hardly the first celeb to put his foot in his mouth on Twitter. Comedian Gilbert Gottfried lost his job as an Aflac spokesman in March after airing some tasteless jokes about the Japanese earthquake, and designer Kenneth Cole drew ire in February for making light of the uprising in Egypt with a tweet that included a link to his collection: “Millions are in an uproar in #Cairo. Rumor is, they heard our new spring collection is online at [link].”

More About: ashton kutcher, Twitter

For more Social Media coverage:

di
di

Mashable?i=ZKg0FhtL6aw:lfVOwWy6NCk:D7DqB2pKExk Mashable?i=ZKg0FhtL6aw:lfVOwWy6NCk:V_sGLiPBpWU Mashable?i=ZKg0FhtL6aw:lfVOwWy6NCk:F7zBnMyn0Lo Mashable?d=qj6IDK7rITs Mashable?d=_e0tkf89iUM Mashable?i=ZKg0FhtL6aw:lfVOwWy6NCk:gIN9vFwOqvQ Mashable?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Mashable?d=P0ZAIrC63Ok Mashable?d=I9og5sOYxJI Mashable?d=CC-BsrAYo0A Mashable?i=ZKg0FhtL6aw:lfVOwWy6NCk:_cyp7NeR2Rw
ZKg0FhtL6aw

View the full article