Need help with choosing last skill

Hello, everyone.

I am new to playing Sacred 2 in general and using Temple Guardian in particular, and would appreciate a bit of advice on choosing my last skill.

My current skills (at level 23) are:

Devout Guardian Focus

Source Warden Focus

Source Warden Lore

Blacksmith

Bargaining

Tactics Lore

And the skills I intend to take are:

Armor Lore

Warding Energy Lore ~ since I intend to rely on T-Energy shield a lot

Constitution

As I said, I am a bit unsure which final skill I should take. Originally, I was consdiering Toughness, but with T-Energy Shield (with Reduction), I am not sure it would be best for me. I am currently torn between Speed Lore and Combat Discipline: on one hand, I could definitely use attack bonus from Speed Lore (and a little extra speed is also nice), on the other hand, I can foresee that linking 3 Combat Arts in combo (like Combat Alert, Fiery Ember and Charged Grid for multiplayer support; or Fiery Ember, Deathly Spears and Charged Grid as an Area of Effect) could be useful in the future.

I am currently leaning a bit more towards Combat Discipline at the moment, but I am not sure how significant Attack/Defense bonus from Speed Lore is, and how easy is it to compensate it with equipment at higher difficulties? (SacredWiki led me to believe that Mastery's +135 Attack/Defense is +135% Attack/Defense, which sounds like way too much to sacrifice for the sake of the third skill in combos and CA damage and regeneration bonuses).

Well, the bonuses on speed lore sound impressive and there has been discussion lately about the possibilities of using attack (read this thread from the linked post down) to increase chance to hit, but since you don't really have anything to increase it except for speed lore (and combat alert) its easily replaceable through shopping gear which your bargaining will help with, -opponents chance to evade, +chance opponents cannot evade will both negate the need for attack, and run speed is also easily shopped in much higher levels than on the skill. So I would suggest not speed lore, leaving combat discipline (or toughness). The extra regen from combat discipline is nice and the damage too and also like you said the 3 CA combo's. Toughness provides great synergy with the shield though, the shield will only give 15% mitigation at level 100 and toughness only 9% at 75, not too much separately but decent together. Plus the armour it provides will get multiplied by armour lore.

I would suggest combat discipline if you want more a little bit more damage/the regen/the extra combo slot and toughness if you wanted some extra armour (works well with armour lore) and mitigation.

Thank you very much for your advice, Dragon Brother.

I guess I'll go for Combat Discipline then, as I feel that a little more offensive ability will be preferable then defense for me.

I still have a shade of doubt, though: since every "Opponent's chance to evade -X%" and "Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks +X%" bonus I get takes a socket that can be used for "+All Skills" (that would also improve my chance to hit with Speed Lore), would taking Combat Discipline and using relying on these bonuses trully be preferable to relying on Speed Lore and using "+All Skills" bonuses instead? I understand that at higher difficulties, rings/amulets can provide as much as +5 ~ +6 bonus to all skills; so, if I use, say, 3 rings/amulets that improve my chance to hit, it will cost me 150 ~ 180 skill points...

Thank you very much for your advice, Dragon Brother.

I guess I'll go for Combat Discipline then, as I feel that a little more offensive ability will be preferable then defense for me.

I still have a shade of doubt, though: since every "Opponent's chance to evade -X%" and "Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks +X%" bonus I get takes a socket that can be used for "+All Skills" (that would also improve my chance to hit with Speed Lore), would taking Combat Discipline and using relying on these bonuses trully be preferable to relying on Speed Lore and using "+All Skills" bonuses instead? I understand that at higher difficulties, rings/amulets can provide as much as +5 ~ +6 bonus to all skills; so, if I use, say, 3 rings/amulets that improve my chance to hit, it will cost me 150 ~ 180 skill points...

You are right in that they will take sockets, but if you focus on only raising attack you will still need to socket some of both mods anyway. Also, I can't remember if +AS can spawn with either of the 2 hit chance mods, but I don't think so. However, I'm fairly sure you can get both mods on the one ring, socket a couple of those and it shouldn't take too many sockets. Since it is your last skill though you can play around a bit before making your choice based upon what you think will work better.

• 2 months later...

Thank you again for your advices, Dragon Brother.

I will wait and see, though now I am pretty confident I will take Combat Discipline in the end ^_^

You MUST take combat discipline at end it your only skill wich gives damage and ill recomend after level 100 willpower alot

Edited by smetia