What class from past games do you want for Sacred 3

Lord Marius

Sacred 3 characters you want.  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What class from the past games do you want to see in Sacred 3

Hmm...I think the only class we would be likely to see again would be the seraphim. They play the role of protector of ancaria though the ages, each other class is replaceable. Plus, as it is a new company doing the development I would think that they would be keen (:P) to come up with some new ideas of their own.

If I had a choice though....Im not sure. I do like the versatility of the seraphim to be honest, so either her or the dwarf, he wasa heap of fun to play :)

Plus, as it is a new company doing the development I would think that they would be keen (:P) to come up with some new ideas of their own.

lol "keen"^^

You said this nicely. The seraphim is probably the only one so far that could make it to third game, but I'm sure we'll be seeing a "mage" of some sort. I'm just hoping for some faster arcade action. Sacred 2 was so SLOW. If you look at how fast fireballs spat out in first game, plus just how fast everything could move when it was all put together well, that kind of experience for myself was very satisfactory.

:)

gogo

Well, as long as they have the Seraphim along with a tank, spell caster, and ranged character I could care less what they call them. I would rather have the Seraphim being the only common thread between all three games(assuming Sacred 3 is not vaporware).

Edited by DaveO

Ok why the hell does every one love the bloody Seraphim so much I dont get it, its not that shes not likeable but why do you need a female warrior with to much cleaveage swinging a sword in a game like this?

Shes had her glory in two games all ready, why not give the others old classes more time to shine?

Deep silver has to make a interesting story with a lot of plot twists not like sacred 2 that basically had no story at all, and Seraphims could be in it but as npc's not player characters.

Sorry if im to negative, but im not ok with female characters beeing so more liked then male ones, expecially when they arent wearing armor but a metal bikini.

Ok why the hell does every one love the bloody Seraphim so much I dont get it, its not that shes not likeable but why do you need a female warrior with to much cleaveage swinging a sword in a game like this?

Shes had her glory in two games all ready, why not give the others old classes more time to shine?

Deep silver has to make a interesting story with a lot of plot twists not like sacred 2 that basically had no story at all, and Seraphims could be in it but as npc's not player characters.

Sorry if im to negative, but im not ok with female characters beeing so more liked then male ones, expecially when they arent wearing armor but a metal bikini.

For me it has nothing to do with the armour or cleavage, I don't play games to look at a characters breasts. The seraphim is simply one of the most diverse characters which is why I enjoy playing one, caster, melee, technician (?) or hybrid, its all there. The problem with your wish for a new class to "shine" is that the only class that has a link between the different games (story wise) is the seraphim who is kind of the face of the sacred brand. Like gogo and daveo said, we will most likely see a seraphim along with the stereotypical caster, tank and ranged classes and then 1 or 2 "different" ideas which combine aspects from each stereotype. So you will get your caster, battlemage he/she will not be, but definitely a magician capable of dealing elemental damage of some sort I would assume.

Seraphim is the one character I never played past the demo in both Sacred 1 and Sacred 2. Just boring. But she's the mascot of the franchise.

I voted Daemon. She was interesting aesthetically and she could fly around. I would have loved her flying ability in the 3D world of Sacred 2.

Second vote would be Temple Guardian. And Vampiress and Dragon Mage as well. I liked the odd characters who could shapeshift and change forms and use varied abilities.

Seraphim is the one character I never played past the demo in both Sacred 1 and Sacred 2. Just boring. But she's the mascot of the franchise.

I voted Daemon. She was interesting aesthetically and she could fly around. I would have loved her flying ability in the 3D world of Sacred 2.

Second vote would be Temple Guardian. And Vampiress and Dragon Mage as well. I liked the odd characters who could shapeshift and change forms and use varied abilities.

Finally someone with a genuine opinion not a prefabricated idea about what a class should be. If I ever live to see the day a game developer stop making female models look sexy it will be to soon.

I have to admit I found the Seraphim totally uninteresting, just another unrealistic attempt to attract the "lust over the babe" brigade into buying the game. For me it was the intersting classes like Temple Guardian, Vampiress, Daemoness and especially Dwarf that hooked me to the games. Oh how I loved that bad tempered, irreverent little dwarf. They were interesting to play and didn't seem like a clone of the hero from 90% of other RGPs. The characterisations also had something that the Seraphim has never managed to achieve, personality! They make her look like a cardboard cut-out with no personality or individuality and that voice (shudder) even before I gave up on her I had to play with the sound turned off.

No, I'm sorry but Seraphim put me off in Sacred 1, by Sacred 2 I desperately wanted to play the evil side just so I could kill the irritating ***** to shut her up!

Edited by podgie_bear

Well, seeing it's only one choise poll, I'll go with Seraphim. Had so much good time with her in both games. And trust me, it's not the cleavage, one can find enough of those in quite other places. :P

Out of curiosity it would be nice to see all the old classes fully revamped to new glory, but that's reaööy unlikely to happen.

Never really got into Dwarf, but gotta say, that lil fella was something unique, so I'd flag him, along with seraphim, and Battle Mage. Although Dark Elf with his nice taunts and overall feel would be nice too.

• 8 months later...

I say bring back the paladin. Oh, wrong game, sorry...

And I'm going to join those saying Seraphim, I'm afraid. It isn't really the looks, she just fitted with how I wanted to play S1 and Sacred 2 (although I used more magic in S1). I played all the characters for a while, just to see if they worked. The other one I played a lot of was Inquisitor, because he was a sort of evil shadow to the Seraphim, and was almost as versatile.

I need to have the Dwarf return...nothing beats a Mortar Grenade barrage

Smoke me a goblin, I'll be down for breakfast...one of my favorite character lines

Gee... Why DOES everyone like the Seraphim? Maybe cause she's kinda HOT... Even with those weird eyes, she's still um... well.. HOT... Cleavage works... Metal bikinis work... :drool:

She's also a common thread all through the series. If Sacred 3 is a prequel to Sacred 2, they will need to be a part of the goings on. After all, they had a hand in creating Ancaria. They've been there from the start.

That said, I voted Dwarf. Why? Because there's a mystery about his kind - why did they retreat from the rest of Ancaria and go into hiding?

Afraid I never played the first Sacred, so I wouldn't know how great, say, the Dwarf was, so all I got is the second game to go. The Seraphim is a shoo-in whether we like it or not, just because she is the poster girl of the series. Now, as someone who spent more time playing the Shadow Warrior more than any other class, my pick for the one I want to see come back would be...

...the High Elf. At least for now until I delve deeper with the other classes. She's squishy, she relies on a little more thought in terms of balancing her powers with regen times, plus I am traditionally more into melee than casting or ranged, but compared to someone like the Shadow Warrior, I found her to be more worth the effort when you do get her right, especially once you watch those mobs burn-burn-BURN.

One I would be interested in seeing would be the Daemon or Dragon Mage return in some form. I want to see a class that happens to be a 'were-type'. People turning into monsters is cool, IMO. Yeah, never played the first game, and can't enjoy Ice and Blood, but I'd still be interested. :P

Edited by Aegis

Aegis: Playing perma-Vamp in original Sacred had it's quirks. Didn't delve into her that much, but that certainly was a change of pace. And too bad the DM's transformations were kinda borked in Sacred 2...

Gotta echo you folks there, some were-creature or whatever would be nice to see. And basically whatever made the most unorthodox builds possible.

Wolfie - have you turned into Mr Giles?

:4rofl: I should hope not. I think I have a bit more self control around womenfolk. That dude just had it bad.

Don't forget - I live in Los Angeles. Hot women are a dime a dozen here. Gotta have composure here or you wind up looking like a complete Mr Giles..er.. fool.

I say bring back the paladin. Oh, wrong game, sorry...

Kinda sorta… If you remember back to Sacred 1, if you played the Seraphim and went down into the desert - the far east area, with the burned out ruins - there was a quest there that had you kill off some abomination that was giving someone a nightmare. You wound up with a book to read, the one and only lightsaber that dropped in the game without having the Disarm skill, and some other goodies. The tome in question - the Book of the Seraphim - is a note by one Uris'N TachYon, who appears to be one of the creators of the Seraphim.

The final paragraph of said book reads: "The plans exist to carry out training routines to turn these clone fighters into efficient pilots for our space attack forces. The spacecraft of the Paladin Class seem to me to be a suitable basis for this."

That could be cool... Flying would be a different sort of challenge.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Aegis: Playing perma-Vamp in original Sacred had it's quirks. Didn't delve into her that much, but that certainly was a change of pace. And too bad the DM's transformations were kinda borked in Sacred 2...

Gotta echo you folks there, some were-creature or whatever would be nice to see. And basically whatever made the most unorthodox builds possible.

Yeah, went to the wiki and browsed through a few threads and noted the quirks of Vampire and DM. In the end, I do want to see a were-type that would really do the were-theme justice as opposed to what we've got so far.

And, yes, an unorthodox character would also be real nice just because those tend to be more fun builds to use when you somehow manage to figure out how to build them right.

• 2 weeks later...

I sadly never got to play sacred 1, but I've played alot of sacred 2 and have done alot of reading and such and honestly I think that what they need to do is bring like 75% of the classes back or at least an equivilent to that number. What I find to be my downfall for this game is not having enough character choices. I'm someone who loves to build different characters who in my mind specialize in different weapons and such like I who loves axes another with 2 handed swords and so on and as awesome as the game is and with how little customization the game offers I would deffinately be in heaven and completely content with this large world just having more toons to play. 6 different for such a multiplayer game seems a bit shy of what it could be in my opinion. Many games have made do with less but many have also offered alot more and I think thats what they should work on is all that they could offer in this game and remove most of the bugs lol. I would like to see at least 10 playable characters and 10 character slots. lol did I mention I really enjoymaking and playing different characters? lol