What class from past games do you want for Sacred 3

Lord Marius

Sacred 3 characters you want.  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What class from the past games do you want to see in Sacred 3

I always liked the reversed idea:

Defending dragons against knights who don't notice that all the virgins are groupies listening to the dragons heavy scales rythm beat and its fire light show...

Defending orc lands from all these nasty adventurers who look for treasure....

The class I would like to see again and this time as a playable one:

Orc Cook ...

collect the most nasty recipes from dark kitchen and allow the cook to do alchemy with them...

• Like! 1

Defending dragons against knights who don't notice that all the virgins are groupies listening to the dragons heavy scales rythm beat and its fire light show...

Orc Cook ...

collect the most nasty recipes from dark kitchen and allow the cook to do alchemy with them...

Orcs.. Yeah.. I can get behind that idea. But for cripe's sake - make him a bit more noble than that. Not so sure I want the equivalent of a monkey running around tossing his bodily waste at people - no matter how toxic it might be. I'd rather see one with a big ol' 2 handed battle ax or an archer. Sure.. Make him so he can be good or evil.

In fact, I think it would have been quite interesting - and challenging - to see an orc play through Sacred 2... Maybe see people running in fear at first, then generally learn to accept the guy as he does various deeds. I think it would have been quite interesting to have that sort of dynamic - as people learn that Orcs may smell funny, but they're not all that bad and <gasp> be heroic even. There's all manner of comic gold that could be mined from such a character. Have a running gag where people offer to hook him with a bath.. Introduce him to the concept of soap... And when he gets to the Orc lands, have his fellow Orcs comment on how funny he smells. Genius...! It could work. Maybe for Sacred 3...?

Orc Cook ...

Orcs.. Yeah.. I can get behind that idea. But for cripe's sake - make him a bit more noble than that. Not so sure I want the equivalent of a monkey running around tossing his bodily waste at people - no matter how toxic it might be. I'd rather see one with a big ol' 2 handed battle ax or an archer. Sure.. Make him so he can be good or evil.

In fact, I think it would have been quite interesting - and challenging - to see an orc play through Sacred 2... Maybe see people running in fear at first, then generally learn to accept the guy as he does various deeds. I think it would have been quite interesting to have that sort of dynamic - as people learn that Orcs may smell funny, but they're not all that bad and <gasp> be heroic even. There's all manner of comic gold that could be mined from such a character. Have a running gag where people offer to hook him with a bath.. Introduce him to the concept of soap... And when he gets to the Orc lands, have his fellow Orcs comment on how funny he smells. Genius...! It could work. Maybe for Sacred 3...?

ahhh - ye ol' friendly Uruk Hai

tumblr_lwkjuac2mM1qih4j7o1_400.jpg

But it sure would be a grand option and rather unique class!

" Maybe see people running in fear at first, then generally learn to accept the guy as he does various deeds."

Wasn't that done with the Daemoness in S1? When you start, the people run away from you, saying things like "Aaaargh! A demon" or "Somebody help us" in red. Once you do a few quests, the text above people goes yellow and they are neutral. Do a load more, and they start saying something like "ooh, you are awful, but I like you..." (Well, not exactly, but there we go).

" Maybe see people running in fear at first, then generally learn to accept the guy as he does various deeds."

Wasn't that done with the Daemoness in S1? When you start, the people run away from you, saying things like "Aaaargh! A demon" or "Somebody help us" in red. Once you do a few quests, the text above people goes yellow and they are neutral. Do a load more, and they start saying something like "ooh, you are awful, but I like you..." (Well, not exactly, but there we go).

Hmm. Come think of it, yah. You're right. Forgot about that... Still.. The comedic elements I mentioned haven't been done. Nor has an Orc as a main character. They've always been in a supporting role or as cannon fodder.

Well, not very often anyways. Thrall from WC3 was the first and so far the only orc I know that was a main character of a game. Given the number of games with a main orc character are so few or are barely noticeable, I think having such in Sacred 3 would not be a bad idea. Soap bars and bathing notwithstanding.

Orcs became a playable race in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and have been since (although I haven't played Skyrim, I can't think they'd have changed it there). It might not be common for orcs to be playable, but it's not unheard of. I'd rather they let us play a goblin, and we could then all yell 'Schneipel' before we go into combat...

• 3 weeks later...

Voted Tempe Guardian.

You can’t add a futuristic theme to your fantasy game without including robots (or cyborgs). Temple Guardian filled that niche, without taking you out of the game, better than the Seraphim.

And since TGs are “immortal” you could continue your characters adventure in the next installment. Shame nobody hacked the first game to add them as a playable character.

The dragon mage and inquisitor were also pretty good to play.

1st: vampire: a character with 2 sides (day and night), it was a great character

2nd: Dwarf: booooooooooooom mortar; awesome

3rd: dark elf: a master of the poisoning

4th: temple guardian: amazing weapons and vehicle

I would like to see playable: Ork or Gobblin

Voted for dark elf. Traps are way too good a mechanic to not have.

In terms of the temple guardian - I didn't like the tech features in the game - temple guardian, the guardians, energy guns. Never did much for me.

An Ogre mage would be good, Blood dryad, a golem style character?,or even a paladin would be good classes to try.

Having 10 characters is a great idea - the replay value alone would be great.

EDIT - I'd love to see a minotaur class.

Edited by Augmint
  • 4 weeks later...

My vote is TG, love that guy. The style is unique in it's entirety, with all my years of experience playing RPGS it was the TG that drew me here. Why? there's nothing out there quite like him, a battle hardened cc oriented, Area of Effect monster, (not even human!) with an arm that transforms, shoots lasers, deadly ice bullets, turns into a flailing death machine, and also makes a pretty spiffy latte. What's NOT to love?

So even after a 3 year hiatus(broken consoles suck! :Just_Cuz_21: ) he is the reason I held onto my sacred 2 game for so long. I would be greatly disheartened to learn that the TG is not in sacred 3 as they too held an incredibly important role in the beginnings of Ancaria fluff-wise. Let alone the potential for making a not quite so broken(deactivated) TG, come on, at the peak of their time they could teleport mountains. :bounce:

I would also like to unrealistically see some of the following;

*gangsters :mafia: (repeating-laser rifles anyone?)

*ninjas :ninja: (throwing stars, nuff said)

*viking babes :viking: (boobs and big axes... or was it the other way around?)

*pirates :pirate: (cause peg-legs and flaming booze breath would be awesome)

*animal lords :whip: (control the beasts of Ancaria and make them do your bidding!) :devil:

*(Some) Non gender specific classes, just because a female inquisitor would be hot. And why are all dryads out there babes? O.o do they reproduce via spores or what? manly men can wear leaves too.

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok why the hell does every one love the bloody Seraphim so much I dont get it, its not that shes not likeable but why do you need a female warrior with to much cleaveage swinging a sword in a game like this?

Shes had her glory in two games all ready, why not give the others old classes more time to shine?

Deep silver has to make a interesting story with a lot of plot twists not like sacred 2 that basically had no story at all, and Seraphims could be in it but as npc's not player characters.

Sorry if im to negative, but im not ok with female characters beeing so more liked then male ones, expecially when they arent wearing armor but a metal bikini.

For me it has nothing to do with the armour or cleavage, I don't play games to look at a characters breasts. The seraphim is simply one of the most diverse characters which is why I enjoy playing one, caster, melee, technician (?) or hybrid, its all there. The problem with your wish for a new class to "shine" is that the only class that has a link between the different games (story wise) is the seraphim who is kind of the face of the sacred brand. Like gogo and daveo said, we will most likely see a seraphim along with the stereotypical caster, tank and ranged classes and then 1 or 2 "different" ideas which combine aspects from each stereotype. So you will get your caster, battlemage he/she will not be, but definitely a magician capable of dealing elemental damage of some sort I would assume.

Haven't even finished reading the rest of the comments here, but these series of comments were absolutely hilarious!!

What class from the past games do you want to see in Sacred 3
  1. Battle Mage
  2. Vampires
  3. Gladiator
  4. Dark Elf
  5. Wood Elf
  6. Dwarf
  7. Daemon
  8. Seraphim
  9. Inquisitor
  10. Temple guardian
  11. Driad
  12. Shadow Knight
  13. Dragon Mage
  14. High Elf

1. Battle Mage? How would it differ from a High Elf

2. Vampires - I never played S1, so someone explain there gameplay.

3. Gladiator - your basic prehistorical warrior type, all games should have one.

4. Dark Elf - Hopefully we won't have dark and light differential this time so all classes can play together.

5. Wood Elf - Holy Hannah&#33;?

6. Dwarf - My pure Dislike of Dwarfs (wow related) will not allow one to be made on my system.

7. Daemon - Does this mean Demon? If so would be wierd alongside a Seraphim huh.

8. Inquisitor - I liked somewhat, never fully got a chance to xp one since it was soley a dark character.

9. Seraphim - LoL, you guys talking about cleavage. I need to log on, honestly never really noticed it, if that was the case, the Dryad seemed more provacatively built in the game for my flavor, especially a brand new level 1 geared toon. But yeah this class never caught my attention.

10.TG - OMG no, just No!!

11. Dryad - A hunter type class is a must, doesn't have to be Dryad because I don't see the longevity of one in the story line, but hunter yes!

12. Shadow Warrior/Knight - Honestly the dead warrior, coming back to life working for good with powers to raise the dead seemed like a reach to me, make it 2 separate classes, your "Gladiator" for one time, and a Necromancer to fullfill the other part.

13. Dragon Mage - I'm a consoler in this franchise so, no comment.

14. High Elf - a True mage class is needed, and this can still be it.

and yeah, did it this way since this was a 1 choice poll

Edited by Tybudd

Sometimes, when talking about character preference, it's not just combat gameplay but also personality, appearance, and backstory.

The Battle Mage was cool but not much personality (just laid back and confident), and he was the character I played the most in S1. But yeah, the Battle Mage and High Elf are redundant. High Elf and Dragon Mage got most of the Battle Mage's combat arts in Sacred 2. The spoiled college girl personality of the High Elf was annoying. The Dragon Mage had a cocky Irish voice and utter confidence. I liked him a lot.

Vampires were a great concept in S1. The story is the Vampiress once bit a Seraphim, and the pure blood restored her soul, so she could play as a knight, but also transform into "vampire form" which was more powerful at night and weaker during the daylight. You summoned wolves and bats and had life leeching powers and mind control.

Wood Elf and Dryad were essentially the same, the hunter class. Although instead of Voodoo, the High Elf had "Moon Magic" which was more light-oriented. I preferred the Wood Elf gameplay, but preferred the Dryad as a race for variation. The Dryad story could be expanded more. In Sacred 2, they were elves who had split off, and by Sacred 1, they were just generic enemies.

Storywise, the Inquisitor is basically among the first of the Dark Elves, but the Dark Elf in S1 was different in gameplay. He had traps and athletic, assassin-type abilities.

The Daemon = demon. Basically the opposite of the Seraphim. She had hell magic and various forms. One form allowed her to fly around on little wings.

Too bad you didn't like Temple Guardian or Dwarf, they both fit awkwardly into the game universe (both being the technological characters), but they were a blast to play.

About the cleavage: I think the Seraphim may be the stereotypical "babe" but the High Elf shows a lot more skin.

Looking at the classes I played in S:UW (Dwarf, Glad, seraphim, BM) and those in Sacred 2: (SW, seraphim, Dryad, HE) I've got a knack for close-combat chars. Yet, out of those I liked my cannonblast Dwarf the most. Perhaps also because it was the first char having a more "complicated" build, paving the way for playing the BM, Dryad and HE.

Still, I think one of the first chars I'd play is the seraphim (when she's in the game) or a barbarian-type to get the feeling of the game, followed by the more complicated chars later.

Thorin :)

• 3 weeks later...

I would enjoy the Daemon, Dwarf, Wood Elf, the Inquisitor, the Magic Elf, the Mage and the Vampire.. I would hate the Dark Elf, Temple Guardian.

Speaking the truth, just releasing Sacred Underworld with a better graphic / higher resolution, one more tree of magic skills and some more character would be more than enough. :-(

Same here, Kiy. That would be pretty neat.

And no dumbing it down. Just the much deserved facelift.

As things stand, I doubt we'll see Demoness, Vamp, or the others, save some small wonder, but they'd be a great addition indeed.

Played a little with Daemon's Poison Ring build and loved it from the start again. ^^

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Seraphim is my favorite character, almost the only I played because I like paladins and she is the closest to that class. She is too good to be true! she can wear almost all armors, wield almost all weapons and she can learn the three of the game styles: melee, magic and technology. Finally, the Seraphim is the soul of this game. The only thing that I had to change by editing is to take away some makeup because she had too much makeup! Anyway I like too much her style and her authority in the Ancarian society!