How could a Sacred 3 Seraphim be different?

gogoblender

DB's other post about how the 'seraphim could/would be the only one to make a reappearance in the Sacred 3, got me interested in pursuing this creative line. The seraphim from Sacred 2 had some neat ideas, but was still variation on a theme.

Can the Sacred lore come up with a seraphim that is still a seraphim but has differerent Combat Arts and different reasons to use them?

What about Seraphim that starts off in the story line as dark, or twisted, experiemented upon, or has gone made, and has very different takes on what the Combat Arts do. What if a few of her the Combat Arts from her arsenal would "sound" the same but had very different, evil effects upon victims.

I think I'm just tired of the same Seraphim using Celestial Light now both games, and I'd like to see something different happening. Does she have to be good again, and does the company just have to come up with new Combat Arts and animations, or... does she have to "be" something else for there to be good reasoning for the difference?

:)

gogo

The idea of a fallen angel goes back a long time (e.g. Lucifer). AD&D had its anti-paladin and Sacred 2 its Black Seraphim. That is not a direction I would like to see them take. I would prefer them to work within the existing theme.

It might be interesting to see, but if the seraphim returns we are likely to see her still have celestial light and BFG at the least along with the same sort of hard hit/attack Combat Arts.

It might be cool though if they continue the idea of the dark/light campaign (albeit I don't like the idea of being forced into a specific path for the campaign. I would prefer that you still go from place to place as before, but now you have the choice at each point of (as an example) killing the nasty old dragon who want's to eat you or instead persuading the damn thing to help you by offing one of it's enemies), but have your choice affect your Combat Arts/mods. As an example, instead of 2 combat art mod choices at each mod point you get 3, one evil, one good and one neutral, but depending on how good/evil you are you only get the ability to choose from up to 2 of them. So if you are evil you can choose the evil/neutral mods,goodyou can choose the good/neutral mods. That way you could play a fallen seraphim or remain true to the stereotype and remain pure.

I definitely think though that whatever they do, they need to bring back the fast paced feel of the original game like you mentioned in that other thread gogo.

Some of you may find im not fond of the Seraphim much, in fact I may reject the game alltogether if she will be in it AGAIN!

Unless maybe she has armor not metal bras. Im totally adamant on this if your gona make a female character giver her armor, not a bikiniy.

They gave the vampires armor why not the seraphim? And dont get me started on the star wars armor.

Some of you may find im not fond of the Seraphim much, in fact I may reject the game alltogether if she will be in it AGAIN!

Unless maybe she has armor not metal bras. Im totally adamant on this if your gona make a female character giver her armor, not a bikiniy.

They gave the vampires armor why not the seraphim? And dont get me started on the star wars armor.

This anti-Seraphim campaign seems both irrational and selfish. If you do not like her, play a different character.

I agree about her space cadet armor. I just do not use it.

Request from my daughters: Changing F to B. Or in america: Change DD to C. Or even better: a slider to change the values. I know half of the players will do the slider in the opposite direction as my daughters want ;)

Cupumrechnung_en.png

Request from my daughters: Changing F to B. Or in america: Change DD to C. Or even better: a slider to change the values. I know half of the players will do the slider in the opposite direction as my daughters want ;)

Cupumrechnung_en.png

I had to read that twice before I understood what you were talking about. Then I had flashbacks to the 80's movie "Weird Science". :biggrin:

Well, I guess we'd have to know where... or more specifically when the third installment will be set.

If they end up going forwards (say, 1000 years after the original S1) then the Seraphim could most certainly be a "evil" toon. Story is easy enough to write (the eventual downfall of the Seraphim race after the destruction of the Great Machine 2000 years earlier). Or stay on the good path with their intentions... but I believe that their fighting powers (or magical... one or the other) should be nerfed completely to represent their further decline from thier height of power (Sacred 2)

If they end up going backwards again, we could play the "first" seraphim... (or one of the first clones) in which I believe there is existing dogma for the devs to follow for that path. I think this is the direction I'd like the series to go... backwards in time to an era full of cyberpunk, where Temple Guardians are commonplace, etc etc.

Well, I guess we'd have to know where... or more specifically when the third installment will be set.

If they end up going forwards (say, 1000 years after the original S1) then the Seraphim could most certainly be a "evil" toon. Story is easy enough to write (the eventual downfall of the Seraphim race after the destruction of the Great Machine 2000 years earlier). Or stay on the good path with their intentions... but I believe that their fighting powers (or magical... one or the other) should be nerfed completely to represent their further decline from thier height of power (Sacred 2)

If they end up going backwards again, we could play the "first" seraphim... (or one of the first clones) in which I believe there is existing dogma for the devs to follow for that path. I think this is the direction I'd like the series to go... backwards in time to an era full of cyberpunk, where Temple Guardians are commonplace, etc etc.

Ok I will agree to stop the negativ seraphim campaign, but I prefer if the devs did something original for a change, just make new characters.

Id like to see a brotherhood of mage knights that strive to keep the peace and help protect Ancaria, where as they have a evil counterpart that does the oposite and you decide where you fit in, all set only 50 or so years after the story of the first game.

You know what I'm gona make a big thread/reply for how id like the story of sacred 3 to look like :D And for all those who like Seraphim's they can be bought good and bad leading bought organisations to power or ruin.

Edited by Lord Marius

I'd like to see maybe different combat arts more equivalent to the Inquisitor - eg instead of undead souls, maybe she could have suns/ orbs ala Sacred's companions of the woods. or instead of clustering maelstrom a launching style explosion or pillar.

Never been a fan of BFG to be honest.

A Dagger stare kind of combat art would be nice - radiation perhaps?

EDIT - wouldn't be opposed to having her weild a whip style weapon too.

Edited by Augmint

I'd like to see maybe different combat arts more equivalent to the Inquisitor - eg instead of undead souls, maybe she could have suns/ orbs ala Sacred's companions of the woods. or instead of clustering maelstrom a launching style explosion or pillar.

Never been a fan of BFG to be honest.

A Dagger stare kind of combat art would be nice - radiation perhaps?

EDIT - wouldn't be opposed to having her weild a whip style weapon too.

Light saber whip Holy Hannah! like in sacred 1 the ice elves had those :P

I would like to see the Seraphim have crafting skills, maybe change the image from tall and athletic to short and chunky, most importantly give her a real personality unlike in the first 2 games. Oh yes and give her a beard!

What, that would make her a dwarf you say? Well I never.

Well at least she might be interesting to play then!

PS. I would sign up for the anti-seraphim campaign as well, I have always hated her and what she represents. Give us real characters, not recycled sex adverts masquerading as characters!

Edited by podgie_bear

Bearded dwarphim:) :twitch: Noooooooooo!

Per Scott's suggestion: if they go even further back in time to the "first" seraphim, then perhaps they could give her a total angelic look and feel? That is with proper wings and the ability to fly (flying like the Demon in S1). CA to summon other angelic beings into combat like the SW skelies, or even just a buff like Rotating Blades/Angels of Light. Focus more on the power of nature with lightning and water.

Bearded dwarphim:) :twitch: Noooooooooo!

Per Scott's suggestion: if they go even further back in time to the "first" seraphim, then perhaps they could give her a total angelic look and feel? That is with proper wings and the ability to fly (flying like the Demon in S1). CA to summon other angelic beings into combat like the SW skelies, or even just a buff like Rotating Blades/Angels of Light. Focus more on the power of nature with lightning and water.

I'll admit to not liking the seraphim. The idea above has alot of merit - A flying stomp build ala the daemon would be very nice. More lightning would be nice, water combat arts would be good too.

• 1 month later...

I never really liked playing the seraphim, but then again in both Sacred 1 + 2 there was only one character that I really liked playing above the others (Battlemage and Temple Guardian).

I dont really know why as both are very different. I normally like playing mage characters, but I didnt enjoy either the High Elf or Dragon Mage as much as Sacred 1s Battlemage, and in Sacred 2 I liked the TG as it had all the utility skills and massive Area of Effect damage plus easy peasy boss killing, and could also melee effectively with Battle Extension / Dedicated Blow.

On the other hand in Diablo 3, I am really really liking the look of both the sorcerer and monk classes, but none of the others, so as long as there is one or two classes I enjoy I dont mind, they all need to be different to appeal to different tastes.

Edited by bhav