New class ideas for Sacred 3

Lord Marius

So since Deep silver is working on Sacred 3 I thought id throw this thread up to see some creative ideas for new classes put up. And who knows if the devs read this thread maybe they will like some of the ideas. My idea was for a mage class called spell blade found this pic on deviant art, from the talented artist ZachFisher and this is very nice.

My link

Maybe this might be what they want to make, they will need a spell caster and if they let him use melle weapons it may be interesting if his armor looks something like this. Or maybe like ths! :o

My link

Best idea is MAGE KNIGHT! Elite skills brothers and sisters take my word for it :P

My link

• Like! 1

I agree with you. I look on you link and I like very much you ideea for sacred 3 but must to be add in game in inventory screen to rotate character how is in WOW or Torchlight and custom ( male , female ) , classes but don't change the Seraphim -----> This is my ideea for sacred 3

• Like! 1

DWARF!

Iritable, bad tempered, sarcastic, grouchy, obnoxious, callous, skilled craftsman, berserk warrior, fearless hero, best personality ever. Nuff said!

Edited by podgie_bear
  • Like! 1

New character class ideas?

Illusionist -> a caster class that fires off "imaginary" spells (straight out of AD&D)...if the enemy suceeds a check against spells, then no effect.

Wild Mage -> another AD&D caster idea I haven't seen done well before... random spell casting FTW! Well, semi-random mabye?

Combine a Dryad with a Dark Elf - sneaky ranger type (ie backstabber, etc)

Vampiress/Dragon Mage (alternate form class)- hell, yeah! Even base it off the Temple Guardian - a transformer would be even better, right Schot?

2 seperate melee classes like Paladin and Berserker... maybe not exactly those 2... but a "charge in without thinking" and a "examine the situation and form a plan of attack" seperation in the melee classes could make for more interesting builds than just "warrior, rawr".

New character class ideas?

Illusionist -> a caster class that fires off "imaginary" spells (straight out of AD&D)...if the enemy suceeds a check against spells, then no effect.

Wild Mage -> another AD&D caster idea I haven't seen done well before... random spell casting FTW! Well, semi-random mabye?

Combine a Dryad with a Dark Elf - sneaky ranger type (ie backstabber, etc)

Vampiress/Dragon Mage (alternate form class)- hell, yeah! Even base it off the Temple Guardian - a transformer would be even better, right Schot?

2 seperate melee classes like Paladin and Berserker... maybe not exactly those 2... but a "charge in without thinking" and a "examine the situation and form a plan of attack" seperation in the melee classes could make for more interesting builds than just "warrior, rawr".

That sounds cool, maybe if the illusionist had a spell that made 3 illusions of him that could all hit the enemy with a special spell that turned the enemy into a shadow and then he vanishes.

I really liked the Wood Elf and hope for a similar ranged character return. But GW2 has me hooked on the idea of different skills available for different weapons and I think it would be great to have different skills for short bow and long bow, rather than just the rate of fire and attack values having any effect. now this is probably a long shot wish since one might say that you'd need new skills for every weapon and rather just play GW2, but perhaps not so impossible. In Sacred 1 a few combat arts could be shared between various toons like Hard Hit and Multiple Hit. So every class could perhaps have one or two weapon specific CAs - unarmed, small arms, single handed, two handed, mid range, long range. @ two additional CAs each, this is 12 additional CAs which every class has access to.

Seraphim returning is a must IMO - be it good or evil. Just minus the BFG please.

But there are several RTS games that feature characters I've yet to see all in one RPG - earth history warriors like Samurai, Musketeer, Guerilla Warfare, Apache, Pirate. Add a few magic spells (visually upgradable please) here and there and you'd have something people can relate to and not be overly critical about, since you'll probably get what you expect.

But there are several RTS games that feature characters I've yet to see all in one RPG - earth history warriors like Samurai, Musketeer, Guerilla Warfare, Apache, Pirate. Add a few magic spells (visually upgradable please) here and there and you'd have something people can relate to and not be overly critical about, since you'll probably get what you expect.

A ninja/samurai character could be rather fun to play, nice idea!

A ninja/samurai character could be rather fun to play, nice idea!

Ninja Samuri? really hmm sounds interesting but the ninja and samurai bought fight very differently. Im not sure how well that would work, id still like to see a magician who can use melle combat seams the most interesting, if you make a sword wielding wizard thats not new but there can be variation on how you do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Shapeshifter -- diff forms give diff bonuses and attacks. Similar to Dragon Berserker, but there's many other more traditional forms: werewolf, golem, elemental spirit, et cetera

Templar -- specializing in more standard cleric/defense trees and killing spree type buffs

Beast Master -- specializing in fighting side by side with a trained killer

And finally, most importantly as I see it --

A Thief.

There are no Rogue type characters in Sacred 2. Sure there are elements of roguishness that can be used, but not in one package. Would be a formidable character if combined.

Bow/ranged/distance skills

dagger/dual/swashbuckler skills

ninja/assassin/stealth/dark art support

In my opinion, also should have a treasure finding unique to the thief, as he is a treasure finding master.

If you wanna go the standard 'drow dark assassin' kinda milieu to characterize him/her that's an idea too.

Opens up a whole new element of game play that was somewhat in the original Sacred, yet still as I see yet to be fully realized in the Sacred game play world

• 1 month later...

I would love a dwarf. I would also be very happy if there still was the Inquisitor, but I doubt it

I would certainly back the return of the dwarf. My fav' little dude from Sacred.

BUT it's not exactly a new class idea...........sorry !

What about less-like races for ex: Orcs, Ogres, Gnomes, etc....? Combine them with familiar classes ex: Orc Warrior(definitely not original), Ogre Shamans...(headaches).

Put timers or time bars for spells eg. Tangle so you can see when to cast again?

BTW I would definitely vote for the Dwarf toon to return. Gun-Tech Dwarf dual wield gunner with mortars, land mines, traps. S1 Dwarf FTW :mafia::mafia::mafia:

Edited by darkeidolon

How exactly would a rogue fit in in a hack'n' slash ARPG, where it is all about damage output?

Very easily.

A lot of games, the rogues are cherished in groups specifically for thier damage output.

Experts with short blades and backed up with poison damage, and can draw enemy into traps.

Many foe lay at the feet of the rogue.............usually with empty pockets !

I think Steve was getting at the use of subterfuge and sabotage as combat choices, which are typically taken as rogue options. It's taking your opponent down by any way possible. Poison is a means for a weak opponent to take down a stronger one, which means it is viewed (by most) as a little dishonest and therefore a rogue skill. AD&D gave the thief (and I think the Bard) a backstabbing ability, which later became moved to a flanking attack for the 3rd edition Rogue (that said, this would only work in multiplayer, as someone needs to be facing the opponent before the can be flanked). Traps also suit the rogue, as they are devices that they can leave behind and let enemies stumble into, or lure them into if that's going to take too long.

If they do reintroduce the dwarf, can he have a combat art that summons his six little buddies, who then sing a medley of Disney songs which stun all enemies within ten metres? :whistle:

I think I'd like the team to look at the melee classes we have so far, and maybe try to create something a bit new. The Gladiator in S1 was actually quite an involved class when you looked into it, but the Vampiress was by far the more developed in terms of CAs.

Steerpike1, you nailed it square on the head.

Any one who has played a rogue in any hack and slash can testify they are very effective in dispatch of enemies.

A flank/backstab is of course a staple, as well as reliance on speed, finesse, and stealth to take down an enemy before they realize they are dying.

I believe as well it can be paired with ninjitsu sword sorts of skills (hi criticals, poison, bleeding, et cetera) as well as skills sort employed by the dryad (forest flight, capricious hunter buff) and additionally trap skills to lend more to ghost type characters.

This is not to forget the bow assassin, which is also deadly in precise shooting, crippling poisons, stunning, sleep, and other status effect masters

It also I believe should make the more subtle weaponry a killer.

Daggers, shuriken, small weapons easily concealed, deadly wielded.

reliance on speed, finesse

hi criticals, poison, bleeding, et cetera

You are right, that is a deadly combination, my Seraphim just made 100 tonight. :biggrin:

To me a rogue is a burglar or a pickpocket. They can have a place in the group of a traditional RPG, but not so much in an A-RPG. Ninja I can understand, that is just not what I consider a rogue.

reliance on speed, finesse

hi criticals, poison, bleeding, et cetera

You are right, that is a deadly combination, my Seraphim just made 100 tonight. :biggrin:

To me a rogue is a burglar or a pickpocket. They can have a place in the group of a traditional RPG, but not so much in an A-RPG. Ninja I can understand, that is just not what I consider a rogue.

Gratz on 100th level for yer seraphim mate.

I think the thing with the rogue/thief class is the skills you choose. They tend to go with either pure thief or more of an assasin style, which is what groups are after. They are still rogues, but with specific skill choices.

Thinking on it though, you have a good point in that it is more for pure rpg than arpg.

What do you guys think of an inventor. Could that work? I love mechanization, and bots...could it be some kind of steam punk take off?

:)

gogo

Interesting thought Gogo. I think, just from a brief think, that it would be more of a team class for mp than a sp game class.

I would love a dwarf. I would also be very happy if there still was the Inquisitor, but I doubt it

I don't think there will be an Inquisitor, but I would love a character that is similar: melee/mage hybrid, and a guy that isn't necessarly really evil. Well the inquisitor is evil, but his personnality isn't only about murdering people like shadow path SW... And I would really like epic skills like Clustering Maelstrom

What do you guys think of an inventor. Could that work? I love mechanization, and bots...could it be some kind of steam punk take off?

:)

gogo

Inventor? something like an engineer class, or a less aggro approach? The CA animations would be super easy.. all the same... whenever a CA is activated yer toon sits down in deep thought. :devil: but there's always the odd chance that the intended CA fails completely and either deals unexpected crit damage to the target or deals backfire damage!

But elaborate more about this idea - certainly original!

Interesting thought Gogo. I think, just from a brief think, that it would be more of a team class for mp than a sp game class.

Another question to raise: will S3 be fixated on mp? or will they try and get that perfect blend between sp and mp that Guild Wars 2 is aiming for? Even though I've never mp'd Sacred (1 or 2), I'd surely love to join up with all you guys with S3! Who knows, I might even give the inventor a go and try to get the non-spill milk pourer invented for those quiet tea moments in between boss fights!

Edited by Scleameth