Grand Central Apple Store Unlikely to Open on Black Friday

FdmNews

Apple Store Grand Central

Although many anticipated that Apple its eagerly anticipatory Grand Central Terminal store in New York City before Black Friday, construction workers at the location confirmed on Tuesday that it won’t be ready in time. The store, opening in the highly-trafficked commuter terminal, will be Apple’s largest retail venue.

“It won’t be any time too soon,†a construction worker at the site told Mashable. “We still have a lot to do, so my guess is that it will be ready in December.â€

It’s been rumored that the Cupertino, Calif., company will be announcing later today when the store will open. Apple hasn’t given a date for the opening yet.

In the meantime, it remains boarded up in the train station’s main terminal, with the sounds of drills and construction serving as a backdrop for commuters.

This will be Apple’s first U.S. opening since the departure of Ron Johnson, the former senior vice president for retail at Apple who helped create its iconic store design with Steve Jobs. Johnson is now the CEO of J.C. Penney.

The Grand Central Apple Store will reportedly cost the company more than $1 million in rent each year to reach the 750,000 people that pass through the venue each day. The store will be the company’s fifth Apple Store in New York City.

Image courtesy of Flickr, achimh

More About: apple, Apple Stores, grand central, Top Stories

For more Business coverage:

di
di

Mashable?i=okXJfLXZcDs:93Lcdf15asI:D7DqB2pKExk Mashable?i=okXJfLXZcDs:93Lcdf15asI:V_sGLiPBpWU Mashable?i=okXJfLXZcDs:93Lcdf15asI:F7zBnMyn0Lo Mashable?d=qj6IDK7rITs Mashable?d=_e0tkf89iUM Mashable?i=okXJfLXZcDs:93Lcdf15asI:gIN9vFwOqvQ Mashable?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Mashable?d=P0ZAIrC63Ok Mashable?d=I9og5sOYxJI Mashable?d=CC-BsrAYo0A Mashable?i=okXJfLXZcDs:93Lcdf15asI:_cyp7NeR2Rw
okXJfLXZcDs

View the full article