Well it's been some time since I stopped by. My entire gaming world has become facebook games....lol. I recently started an online Healthcare IT course in preperation for changes in healthcare--it's supposed to give me a leg up on upcoming positions....we'll see....

The photography thing has really taken off. Bought myself a flash unit and remote triggers. I've become one of the official event photographers for my church. Every time I pull out the camera it take from 200 to 1000 photos, taking anywhere from 8 hours to 3 days to sort through them, discarding the bad and processing the good. I have sold a handful of pictures--I'm just about the art and let the wife handle that part of it.

I gave up auto mode and the program modes on the camera for full manual a couple of months ago. To make a long story short, I am so busy now, but I love it!

I did reinstall Sacred 2 on my box about 4 months ago and the poor thing just couldn't handle it any longer. I would consider upgrading, but the computer has taken a backseat to photography and is now just a tool I use to process my photos.

I do miss this site and will start to hang around more.

Oh, funny thing happened to me last month. Got a package in the mail from some marketing company. The wife thought it was school materials. I opened the package and there was a letter from Microsoft, thanking me for taking part in their survey and allowing them to monitor my computer usage. I'm sure I signed up for something with them, but it was so long ago that I forgot. Anyway, in the box was a brand new copy of Office 2010!

Well it's been some time since I stopped by. My entire gaming world has become facebook games....lol.

Facebook, taking over the world...make sure it doesn't show up in your breakfast cereal next! :P Actually, the company that runs their games, is pulling in more "viewing" than even all TV shows. "villes" are becoming a daily part of life, the gamification of almost everything we do found everywhere, from weight loss systems to loyalty programs.

I purposely hold off, I know my personality, and am scared of loving anything like that too much! :lol:

I'm really happy you found us today, and that you're busy and loving it.

I was just looking at your photos you'd posted up here, always liked the stuff you did with your family.

:)

gogo

200-1000 photos a day and needing days to find the good ones. I think this is still the reason I have no digital camera. I have only old analog ones, the ones with 12 pictures (6*9cm) on a film are my favourites. Just do a negative, lay it on photo paper, light for a while,fix, wash, dry and you have same size photos as the negative is: 6*9cm. Only thing I dislike yet: scanning to make a negative digital is a bit troublesome. Most scanners do just the normal 24*36millimetre negatives.

Not to mention that no digital camera can beat an anolog one in low light conditions yet. Have to correct me, you have to pay around 10000 euro for a digital one to do it. Photo-shooting a kid in a room with just 2 candles, no flash light, no noise, so you have the chance to get several shots without noticing, and the resolution, whow...

5536659373_faa9485098_o.jpg

200-1000 photos a day and needing days to find the good ones. I think this is still the reason I have no digital camera. I have only old analog ones, the ones with 12 pictures (6*9cm) on a film are my favourites. Just do a negative, lay it on photo paper, light for a while,fix, wash, dry and you have same size photos as the negative is: 6*9cm. Only thing I dislike yet: scanning to make a negative digital is a bit troublesome. Most scanners do just the normal 24*36millimetre negatives.

Not to mention that no digital camera can beat an anolog one in low light conditions yet. Have to correct me, you have to pay around 10000 euro for a digital one to do it. Photo-shooting a kid in a room with just 2 candles, no flash light, no noise, so you have the chance to get several shots without noticing, and the resolution, whow...

5536659373_faa9485098_o.jpg

Nice shot. You are correct, it's still hard for digital to match film but it is getting close. I could get results similar with a D3X, but I'd have to sell a couple of my kids.

The good vs the bad shots I am referring to are not due to light, though. Sometimes people do strange things right as the shutter opens. My wife never stops talking and her mouth is open for the majority of pictures.

• 1 month later...